PDA

View Full Version : The Five Beasts You Meet In Dark Forest

Skipper Reguba
December 5th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first Redwall fanfiction. I have just finished reading the book "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" and I decided to Redwall-ize it.

I am currently re-reading Mariel of Redwall, and I took particular interest in the character of Bobbo.

So I decided to write about his experience in heaven, or "Dark Forest" in Redwall. Enjoy! Please send any comments or suggestions to me in a personal message, or email me at jpmpolska94@buffalo.com.

Skipper Reguba
December 5th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Bobbo was a fat, somewhat quaint dormouse, as dormice go. One reason for this is that his best friend in life was a newt named Firl. And on that sad day when Firl died, Bobbo's heart was broken. For almost a season and a half, he was in morning. Nothing seemed to matter anymore. Eventually, he stopped eating. Bobbo soon died, and his body was washed away by the tide.

Here is his story from this point on.

Skipper Reguba
December 5th, 2007, 04:05 PM
The next thing Bobbo knew, he was surrounded by a blinding white light. Soon, he found himself upon a grassy knoll, one that was oddly familiar.

When he regained his sight, he felt better than he had in quite a long time. It was quiet, peaceful, and sunny, and he felt calm and unworried about anything.

The land, very familiar, appeared to be empty. Bobbo couldn't get over the overpowering feeling that he had been here before.

A voice soon ended his questions.

"Nice, isn't it? That's exactly what you thought when you chose it for me."

Bobbo felt it odd that he was not in the least bit frightened. The voice, like the knoll, seemed oddly familiar.

"I know what this must be like for you, it was like this for me, too. Turn around."

Bobbo did, and he saw a young water vole sitting on the grass, next to a quiet, gurgling stream.

"You!" was all Bobbo could say. "The oar slave....The one I buried...here."

"Yes, it is me. You are in Dark Forest, and here, five beasts that affected your life somehow will explain your life to you."

"The reason that I died....was so you could live. All lives are intertwined, and no one can escape the web."

"If it wasn't for your death, I would not have survived." replied Bobbo. "How is that fair?"

"I was weak, feeble, and dying, without any knowledge of a happy place in my life. The happiest that I knew was the grassy knoll that you buried me in; and so for me this is Dark Forest. The lesson you must learn for me is that the needs of those who are more likely to survive outweigh the needs of those who are leastlikely to survive."

"Thank you, Merkle." Bobbo was never quite sure how he knew his name.

Fuzface
December 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Writemore writemore writemore!!!!

And hurry up about it!

Silverfang
December 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
awsome! I love how u used the vole guy!

Gorath the Flame
December 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Nice!!!:cool:

Quite, interesting using minor characters of Mariel of Redwall. I like it.

Skipper Reguba
December 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Don't worry, more coming up soon once I think of more people to create. I actually didn't think it would be this popular and somewhat forgot about it. However, now that you all like it, I will have to resume work!