PDA

View Full Version : Get to Know the SCRIBEs - Vol. 3: Mackinsie

The Red Badger
May 11th, 2003, 06:35 PM
We've met with Martin, we've ruminated with Rimrose, now let's muse with Mackinsie, SCRIBEss extraordinaire! Welcome to the Q&A session, Mackster!

Hi, Reds!

Lots of questions this time (looks like Martin and Rims got off easy), so this may be an entirely "reader-suggestion" foray. We will answer the questions everybody is dying to know the answers to! When we get through, they will know you better than you know Phyllis, that green lump that lives in the back of the refrigerator that you're too scared to move because it could bite you! So, let's get to it! Slagar wants to know what the deal is with your site, The Redwall Links. Have you quit updating it or just not had the time? (Whee, outdated questions!)

The Redwall Links was just recently updated with new links and a new layout and design. Shameless plug: http://members.aol.com/mkins54/rlinks.html

A fiver says he smells a conspiracy. Moving on, Cornflower wishes to know how you met the big guy (Martin). Through what site and all that jazz.

I first met Martin through The LP. I joined his club and he later helped me with the html for the first version of The Redwall Links.

Rollo points out that you only know Martin via the 'net, so how do you picture his appearance?

I don't really know how to answer that question. I just picture him as Martin (not the mouse). Hard to explain. :)

Rollo also wants to know why you don't have your own emoticon (this might be a good time to address what you technically are in the world of Redwall role-playing. Slagar's portrait would have us believe you're little more than a notecard!)

My official nickname in The LP is Baby Dumble, AGM. I liked Baby Dumble, but people always assumed I was a boy, so I added the 'AGM' part. A Girl Mouse. ;) When I started moderating the Forum, I decided to use my name instead of my club nickname.

To get started with the collective portion of the Q&A, "what annoys you about life in general?" asks Beelzebumon.

Nothing much. I'm annoyed when people don't spell my name correctly. ;)

Jumping from annoyances to likes, what are your favorite foods and are they red (from Pawflash)?

I like a lot of different things. My favorite dinner is Chicken Divan (Chicken and Broccoli Casserole). I also like Italian food (some of it's red), Chinese food and Mexican food.

Along that train of thought, Pepsi or Coke (asks Caleyin)?

Coke! Is there anything else? ;)

The inquisitor: Caleyin. The subject: Chicken in a can. The question: Pro or con. The can will self-destruct in ten seconds. Do you accept your mission?

What's the mission? Do I have to eat it? I've never had Chicken in a Can. It doesn't sound very appetizing.

From canned chicken to pickles. . . Furrtil would like to know what kind of pickles are your favorite and whether or not you picked a peck of pickled peppers with Peter Piper in Peking, Peru. (Okay, I made that last part up.)

I like bread & butter pickles and sweet gerkins.

Let's turn to other forms of entertainment. What genres of music do you like is from Caleyin, and Treerose would like to know what composers/styles if "classical" is among the ranks.

I like pretty much anything except rap or really loud, annoying music. I do like classical music. No one composer/style in particular. :)

Another from Treerose, who wishes to know what your favorite books and who your favorite authors are. What say you?

I like Lucy Maud Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Ann Rinaldi, Carolyn Keene and many, many more!!! I have a lot of old book series that belonged to my mother and my grandmother. I'm sure a lot of people have never even heard of them. ;)

A questions-hat trick courtesy of Treerose, do you play any musical instruments?

I play the piano. I also used to play the recorder (but that doesn't really count as an instrument, does it Reds? ;) )

Not in my book. :p How about art? Terra would like to know if you like to draw and, if so, what do you draw best?

I enjoy drawing and painting. I probably draw flowers the best. The animals I draw tend to look a little scary. ;) I can draw cute cats and dogs, though.

"What else do you like to do in your spare time?" ponders Treerose.

What free time?!? ;) Read, Paint, Draw, Ballet, Play the Piano, Cook...

Let's turn our attention, for a sec, over to the ever popular subject of "Martin". Terra would like to know how you came to help Martin out with The LP and whose idea it was.

Officially speaking, Martin asked me to complete one of the massive timelines found in the Redwall Chronology section of the LP. Later, he asked me to become a SCRIBE for the forum. Unofficially, I have been giving Martin my opinion (whether he wants it or not!) on various websites and club activities for quite a long time!

The ever popular "age-mystery" surfaces again. Terra wants to know if, as a SCRIBE, you possess in the deep recesses of your psyche the sequence of numerical digits that comprise that which is known as "Martin's age".

I KNOW MARTIN'S AGE... HE IS...COUGH...COUGH...WATER!...COUGH...

To wrap up this portion of the Q&A, if you were the one in charge of The LP Forums, wonders Furrtil, what would you do differently? (I know what I'D do. . . but that wouldn't be a good thing. >:-D )

I would make the website forum the number one forum... Things function pretty well as they are right now...

Furrtil and Treerose also wonder if you've got a messy room. How clean is it?

My room is pretty clean. :)

What's the most prominent piece of furniture in there?

My bed? It's a pretty big bed. If not that, then probably my armchair...

Caleyin chimes in with another "Yea or nay" question. The subject: Carmex. . . . just what in the heck is Carmex, anyway? A Mexican-made automobile? :confused:

My car is from Europe... so, nay.

More from Caleyin, what's the weirdest talent/quirk you have?

I can bend my leg completely backwards until my toes touch my head.

Darkhood wants to know what your favorite TV show and favorite movie are.

I like a lot of old shows. I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke show are my favorites. I also love (Road to)Avonlea. Of the shows that are currently on, I like Gilmore Girls and Without a Trace. My favorite movie is Singin' in the Rain.

Do you like the show "The Fairly Odd Parents"? This is from Cornflower.

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Fairly Odd Parents. The parts I saw were funny. :)

MoonShadow wants to know if you think the world is doomed.

You mean right this minute? Eventually, yes. Right now, no. There are too many good people still out there. God doesn't give up on us. :)

To drift back to Redwall, Slagar asks what is it you like most about the book series?

I like the triumph of good versus evil. :)

Speaking of the books, Terra wants to know if we've ever thought about publishing The LP's pass-a-long story, "The Sword of Martin"?

That's not my call. It's Martin's story. I've never even written a chapter for it.

Are there things in the Redwall fanfic and furry art community you think are overdone, to the extent of becoming cliches? This is from Vanessa.

I think PALs are a bit overdone. It was an original idea from Martin, people just sort of took it and presented it as their own.

Let's finish things off with a die-hard question from Furrtil! Drumroll please. . . *gives self a drumroll* Do you enjoy rollercoasters?

No. I never have.

That wraps this Q&A session up! Thanks, Mackster!

Thanks, Reds! :)

I'll see all you readers next time when the spotlight focuses squarely on. . . ME! Where it should be! :redsy

true_redwaller
May 11th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Another good job with the interview, Reds, but how will the next one work, will you be interviewing yourself? That would be even more entertaining!

Baby Rollo
May 11th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Nice Interview Guys. Great job. Really cool talent Mackinsie! Can't wait to see your emoticon.

I can just imagine it now. A Schizophrenic Reds talking to himself

Reds: Why do you like Oreos?
Reds: Yes because I just do

Cale Yin
May 11th, 2003, 08:50 PM
LOL! You guys! Carmex is a medical-level chapstick type gunk. People with an obsession of keeping their lips unchapped use it because it's a miracle. It say "FOR COLD SORES" but I don't get cold sores... just chappy...

Cool interview. YES!!! COKE!!!!! :D I... too... would like to see... how Redses interview... will be done...

LadyBeelze
May 12th, 2003, 07:37 AM
nice interview, i can't wait to see how red's will go.

Reds: Why do you like Oreos?
Reds: Yes because I just do

*can just see that happening*

Darkhood_343
May 12th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Heh, it'd be funny if we got to interview Reds. We being us of the patroller rank. Anyway, great job interviewing. Don't really know why I asked that question though...

Furrtil
May 13th, 2003, 08:54 PM
*nods sagely* Ahh yes, them bread 'n' butter pickles do be good. And you do ballet? *cheers* And jeez, are you flexible! Your toe touches your head? Backwards? *faints*

Here bygynneth the Book of the Tales of Scribes. :) Old English is fun.

VanessaNB
May 14th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Maybe, once we're done with the SCRIBES, we could interview each other. *thinks it is cool*
Who's gonna interview Reds?

Treerose
May 15th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Ooh, another pianistically inclined SCRIBE... :D Very interesting interview, Mackinsie!

Tree

~~~~

Speaking of ballet, I read that the first musical strike was initiated in 1766 by the ballet dancers at Covent Garden Opera House, London, because they'd had to wear worsted stockings instead of traditional silk. ;)

MoonShadow
May 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Great interview, and I had to admit... after a long period of not-laughing for tiredness, I finally laughed. :D

true_redwaller
May 17th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Yeah! These interviews are cool! So is there anthing more that will be done after the last one?