PDA

View Full Version : New Book!

Chesk Otter
November 1st, 2002, 09:11 PM
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to send an e-mail and it won't let me post in the news section ;) . Terrouge did an interview with Brian Jacques and it says he finished writing Loamhedge, but he is also working on another book that is not in the Castaways or Redwall series! What could it be?!

Martin the Warrior
November 1st, 2002, 10:29 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say he was referring to his autobiography, A Divvil of a Lad (newsline.longpatrolclub.com/divvil.html). Who knows, though? If it's a new fiction book and neither Redwall nor Dutchman, that would be great! I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Airemia
November 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Yes, that'd definitely be cool if he were writing another fiction book that wasn't Dutchman or Redwall! It'd be interesting to see what it was all about. And that's great that he's finished Loamhedge... I wonder what'll come next?

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Well, if this IS a totally new book... I'm sure the Newsline'll get info about it first. :D Right, Martin...? >;)

MoonShadow
November 2nd, 2002, 02:25 PM
If it were a new fiction book... wonder if it would be a new series or something like 7 Strange and Ghostly tales, I mean where that's the only book in it's "series".

The Red Badger
November 2nd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Well, if it's only one book, it's not a "series", it's a "book". :D

Beats me why he'd suddenly call the biography a "secret" when he's spoken to Publishers Weekly about it already and confirmed its existence months ago on Redwall.org.

Put me down for "new book" since he works so far in advance. I'd say he's done with Loam, TAC, Divvil, and is probably 3/4 of the way through the Redwall book after Loam and maybe 1/4 to 1/2 through this "new" book.

Darkhood_343
November 3rd, 2002, 02:01 AM
He probably is'nt THAT far into his "new" book Reds. I mean c'mon NO ONE writes that fast even if ur Mr.Magical BJ.

Glenner
November 3rd, 2002, 11:11 AM
Hmm..this is the first I've heard of it. If it's not A Devil of a Lad, I wonder what it is and what it's about? Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be great. :D B.J. proved with Castaways that he can write great non-Redwall books as well.

Wait a sec, where is the interview with Brian? I can't find it.

dandin1
November 3rd, 2002, 01:58 PM
It's at terrouge: www.terrouge.com

Martin the Warrior
November 3rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
He probably is'nt THAT far into his "new" book Reds. I mean c'mon NO ONE writes that fast even if ur Mr.Magical BJ.

It's not writing fast, Darkhood, it's writing ahead. Brian is, traditionally, one and a half books ahead of what's published. Triss was completed before Tagg hit the shelves and he had at least half of The Angel's Command written by that time and was into Loamhedge, too. He's got a nice solid lead to work with.

MoonShadow
November 4th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Well, it's rather nice that he writes ahead, so Redwall fans don't have to go waiting for a couple extra years for the next book in the series to come out.... :\

Darkhood_343
November 4th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Now that I think about it, your right Martin. Heck,Martin's always right. I'll never argue again.(maybe) And who the heck is that in your avatar moon-moon?

MoonShadow
November 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
And who the heck is that in your avatar moon-moon?
I can see you never watched Cardcaptors dark-Dark. ;) Hey, can I call you that? ;)

Anyway, that's one of the cards in the show, and it's called... The Big. It can turn objects... big. And I even said its name in the picture! And it took me 3 tries to post this. :\

Darkhood_343
November 7th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Sure you can call me that Moon-Moon. I don't care. As long as you don't call me DARKIE everything will be fine.:D

dandin1
November 7th, 2002, 06:29 PM
But that's longer! Can we call you dark? or Mr. D? heh.... I like that, Mr. D...

Dakota
November 8th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Or maybe it's some kind Guide to Redwall or something? That would be interesting.

Chesk Otter
November 8th, 2002, 04:30 PM
What do you mean by guide? If you mean like tribes of redwall, I doubt it.

Oh, lots of them. Lots and lots. You see, I'm a writer, and I don't just write Redwall. [...] I mean, there's the Flying Dutchman books, and there's another one I can't say too much about, that I've written, but it's totally different.

It sounds like an actual book he's written. Wait a minute. I just noticed, but it says written... does that mean it's already done?!

If you mean a guide just about all of Redwall, I think in redwall.org's Ask Brian he said he wouldn't make one. It said he doesn't have enough time. Wouldn't you rather have a book, anyway?!

Lyrian Aryns
November 8th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Hm. You know, I really don't think a 'guide to Redwall' would be terriblly interesting, IMO. :\

But any new book he writes, I'd be down at my bookstore buying it as soon as I could...

MoonShadow
November 14th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Dark-Dark!

Well... a guide to Redwall.... What could be in there... Well, I really can't think of much that would go in there....

If he writes a new book... then I would go and suffer for the time that the library doesn't have it.

Darkhood_343
December 8th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Dark-Dark!

What do you mean by that?

But thats longer!Can we call you dark? or Mr. D? heh.... I like that, Mr. D...

Only Moon-moon can call me Dark-dark.For everyone else, eithier will do...:D