PDA

View Full Version : Banning Oreos?

Primrose
May 14th, 2003, 03:03 PM
Can you believe that some idiot wants to ban oreos because they have an unhealthy ingredient. This is really sick. I mean I'm gonna eat oreos whether this guy likes it or not.

Everyone knows that cookies are junk food and junk food isn't healthy. I'm just waiting for the mob of oreo lovers to try to stone him with the cookies. I think that lawyer seriously needs a new hobby. :rolleyes:

VanessaNB
May 14th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Everything's unhealthy for you. Ever watch Opra? I did *shudders* Man, now white meat is bad for you...
Just wondering, just what is this unhealthy ingredient? Sugar?

LadyBeelze
May 14th, 2003, 04:39 PM
*cough* Ban Oreos? You've got to be kidding, who would want to ban oreos. They are so good, especially with a glass of milk ^^

Lyrian Aryns
May 14th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Oreos contain hydrogenated oil. I haven't the faintest what that actually does, but apparently they've come up with some new reasons as to why it's gonna kill you. :p
And, you know, this whole thing reminds me of those people suing fast food restaurants because the food made them overweight... ridiculous, but oddly amusing.

LadyBeelze
May 14th, 2003, 05:27 PM
I'd rather die eating oreos then stop :rolleyes:

Darkhood_343
May 14th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Reds, today is the day you MIGHT lose your Oreos. How does it feel? Heh, I dont care really. I barely ever eat Oreos. Except on the rare occasion that my dad buys that.

dandin1
May 14th, 2003, 06:31 PM
pff! That's ridiculous! Most foods that you buy have unhealty ingredients... Are they going to ban them all?

Baby Rollo
May 14th, 2003, 06:55 PM
If Oreos were banned, Reds would be one rich Badger. Man, he be dealing Oreos in the streets yo. Get in an alley lookin' all shady and say, "Psst, you want Oreos? This stuff's the bomb ****"

Hydrogenated oils are very dangerous. More dangerous than unsaturated fat because of their chemical structure. They contain a lot of LDL cholesterol which stop the production of HDL cholesterol and LDL cholestorol is stored as fat.

Lord Servone
May 14th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Banning Oreos?
*has visions of speak-easies where people go to eat Oreos and drink milk, under the cover of Jazzy music*
*Police chopping up big cases of Oreos with hatchets*
*Police dumping boxes of Oreos into the sewers*
*People trying to smuggle Oreos from Mexico.*
*Oreo sniffing dogs*

Man, that stuff's just lame xP...

VanessaNB
May 15th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Any food eaten too much is bad for you. Oroes are probably harmless unless you eat 'em all the time.
Still...*joins the Oreo black market*

Baby Rollo
May 15th, 2003, 05:01 PM
There will be Oreo dealers in the streets.

"Yo, I got some oreos B."

Airemia
May 15th, 2003, 06:32 PM
LOL! Hello, EVERYTHING is going to kill you! Sheesh...

Don't worry about it, anyone who lives in California (I think it's happening there). This is like the people who tried to sue McDonalds for making them fat. Yeah. Think about it.

Actually I'd love to here Reds opinion on all this. :p

Slagar the Cruel
May 15th, 2003, 08:28 PM
...:eek:...

It's probation all over again...

And in this age of probation, Reds will hold the speakeasies behind the ScRiBe ShAcK. :redsy

;) Nah, just kidding. I'm pretty sure nothing will come of this anyways. And if oreos are banned... I guess we'll have to turn to Keebler Elf... that guy makes a lot of stuff with chocolate in it... I think... yeah... elipses...

Baby Rollo
May 15th, 2003, 08:56 PM
If Oreos are banned, look for a baby bankvole in an alley 'cause his stuff's da bomb! Reds, I look forward to you being my best customer or partner.

Dakota
May 16th, 2003, 01:27 PM
I'd like to see any food product banned, unless it were proven to make your head explode. Maybe then it would be banned...
But oreos? The peanut butter & chocolate ones are so very very yummy.

LadyBeelze
May 16th, 2003, 03:32 PM
I thought i seen a commercial the other day for oreos that are inside out lol :rolleyes:

*a girl wearing a black leathar jacket and some shades steps into the backalley and passes a couple dollars to a baby bankvole* yo, gimme some oreos

MoonShadow
May 16th, 2003, 07:42 PM
First reaction -- Oh, I don't eat Oreos, so it doesn't apply to me.

Then, my mom elbows me, and I'm like, "What? I don't eat Oreos!" Of course, I forgot that I eat Oreos... for breakfast! I mean, the Oreo O's, the cereal thing, for breakfast. But still, it's ridiculous. At this rate, I think humans should stop eating and drinking EVERYTHING. Except for water. But then, they'll probably ban water too. :P

Martin the Warrior
May 16th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Slagar
It's probation all over again...

I think you mean "prohibition". ;)

Speaking of probation, though....

Rollo, I've made it very clear that starring out the words still counts here, especially trying to get by starring out that word. Do it again and I'll ban you.

true_redwaller
May 17th, 2003, 07:37 AM
:eek:

There's no way that's gonna happen, I hope! No way!

Well if it does, I'll meet you all in that backalley. "Yo, bankvole! reserve a few for me!"

Slagar the Cruel
May 17th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
I think you mean "prohibition". ;) ...fine. And in this age of prohibition, Martin will be El Capoon. :p

Darkhood_343
May 17th, 2003, 02:16 PM
El Capoon? Wha? Oh well. I was talking to my mom the other day, and she said that the guy who tried banning them failed. I don't know.

Baby Rollo
May 17th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Fine, I'll leave. I'm going to go to a place where I can curse or at least put in stars and stuff so bye.

true_redwaller
May 17th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Baby Rollo
Fine, I'll leave. I'm going to go to a place where I can curse or at least put in stars and stuff so bye.

:( Must you leave Rollo? You don't mean that serioulsy do you?

Airemia
May 17th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Oh come on Rollo, all Martin did was give you a warning. Think about it, it's hardly the end of the world if you can't swear. You're not just going to up and leave, now are you?

Martin the Warrior
May 17th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
...fine. And in this age of prohibition, Martin will be El Capoon. :p

El Capoon, El Capitan, same thing. :D

true_redwaller
May 17th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
El Capoon, El Capitan, same thing. :D

I'm terribly confused :confused:

Martin the Warrior
May 17th, 2003, 06:20 PM
El Capoon = Al Capone, famous gangster during prohibition.
El Capitan = "The Captain". Word play on El Capoon.

Stolas
May 19th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Ya'll are taking this banning of Oreos to seriously. I think it's foolish to ban them. Not like I eat them on a regular basis or anything but it'd be nice once in a while to have one.

Darkhood_343
May 19th, 2003, 06:45 PM
El Capoon
Al Capone
That's what I thought. You don't remind of him, though. Anyway, Stolas, I don't think it's tahat (that was done on purpose, don't ask) serious.

Matthias of Redwall
May 25th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Right... this is just not right banning oreos? It just make me mad!:mad:

LadyBeelze
May 25th, 2003, 09:18 PM
probably wants to ban oreos because they like them too much and they secretly want to keep all of it to themselves *chomps down a uh-oh oreo* mmm s'good

Matthias of Redwall
May 25th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Well even so, that will be very selfish!:mad:

Olaf The Fierce
May 27th, 2003, 01:47 PM
i dont see why anyone would ban oreos. If they dont like them, just dont eat them and let other people think for themselves.

LadyBeelze
May 27th, 2003, 02:06 PM
I know this is a bit off topic but has anyone tried the mint oreos? Those are my favorite :D

true_redwaller
May 27th, 2003, 03:07 PM
I've never tried mint oreos before, but I think nothing beats the original!

LadyBeelze
May 27th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Yeah, the orginal is classic :)