PDA

View Full Version : New Year's and Stuff

Ferahgo the Assassin
December 31st, 2007, 03:21 PM
So, another year is gone. Personally, I'm not going to miss it. This year was a huge series of ups and downs for me, and one of drastic crazy change. I moved to a new state, I moved in with a member of the opposite sex for the first time, I changed my major, I decided that I hate living in Ohio, etc. What does everyone think of the year overall, in retrospect? A good one, a bad one? Looking forward to '08?

Anyone doing anything interesting for bringing in the new year? I'm not. Unless you consider alcohol and Super Mario Galaxy to be interesting. :p

Also, resolutions. Anyone have any? I don't. (Man, I must be really boring or something.) I've never found resolutions to be helpful - not because I can't keep them, but because I can rarely even remember what they were for an entire 365 days.

Things I'm looking forward to in '08: Living in a new (better) location, getting a new (hopefully better) president, and uh, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. ;)

Discuss!

Folgrimeo
December 31st, 2007, 04:15 PM
I don't remember much good about 2007, I'd rather point out any cool things I got or tried out in that year, one of which included playing the videogames "Okami" and "Psychonauts". Totally made a purchase of PS2 last year worth it (that and "Final Fantasy X"). And watching the wonderful Pixar film "Ratatouille". And that I finally got into a university.

I suppose the only thing I'm doing right now to bring in the new year is finishing up a few fanart drawings, including some big Redwall-related thing with like 40 characters on it (whether I can actually draw them is another matter). Probably won't finish it before New Year's Day comes, so I can say it's a thing to bring in the New Year. Even though I intended to get it done before Christmas, which came and went. Got some Ratatouille fanarts planned too, just to get that craze out of my system.

For resolutions, never thought about them. I guess I'll try much harder this time around to use time efficiently and not procrastinate as much when it comes to schoolwork. Maybe stick to my self-imposed "a drawing a day" schedule, got a long list of 100+ ideas y'know. Write something, anything, because I've been in a never-ending writer's block as of late. I agree with Ferahgo that I forget my resolutions a week after I make them.

For what I'm looking forward to in 2008... well, they're all in the videogame category. I'd like to see Spore come out, like to see Okami for Wii released, like to see EarthBound for Wii's Virtual Console, and like to see Duke Nukem Forever released so we can finally put the jokes to rest.

Oh yeah, and get a programming project of mine finally completed. It's been on and off for over three years, with some major progress made in one week. Really, it's just figuring out how to program artificial intelligence that's holding me up.

Ember Nickel
December 31st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Facebook, Red Sox...awesome gaming on the WiiSays it all? :p

Lots of good news in my life for '07: a team I compete in qualified for a tournament we'd never made it to before, in an incident of perfect if bittersweet timing; my confirmation; and a life change that I hope keeps going as well as it has.

I found a new game to get addicted to, :p, another team I'm a member of went 3-7, surpassing all expectations, I started innumerable stories and actually finished some. Harry Potter 7 came out: I read it and countless other books. The Cubs made the playoffs. I did very well on a test that will likely have repercussions into 2008.

I, too, await the arrival of the new president: a relation of mine is also running for office, so I'm supporting him. The new year will mark the centennial of the Cubs' last World Series win, so hopefully they can end 100 years of futility. :p

No resolution.

Plans for tonight include a church service (it's my church's centennial, too), comida en un restaurante mexicano, returning the book I got my brother for Christmas (he'd already read it, at least I have good taste), and staying up until midnight.

Happy new year to the LPF!

Bladeswift
December 31st, 2007, 05:40 PM
Good things about this year:

-360 became a respectable console. Kudos to Microsoft for doing something right. Now if they could just fix that red-ring o' death thing...
-Turning 18. I.e., registering to vote and for the draft, and getting to visit websites legally.
-Best Christmas in a long time.

Bad things about this year:

-Putin.
-Virginia Tech.
-Republicans.
-Democrats.

Plans? Playing video games and enjoying the break from school. No resolutions.

LordTBT
December 31st, 2007, 07:17 PM
As it is technically 2008 in some parts of the world now, happy new year! :)

Mama Hedgehog
December 31st, 2007, 09:40 PM
Happy New Year, everybody! I'm sitting at home tonight (like most nights :rolleyes: ), watching Auburn play a lousy game of football against Clemson. I plan on opening a bottle of champagne I've been saving for a while, closer to the midnight hour. Also got some good sparkling cider! Good times! :D

Badrang3
January 1st, 2008, 02:31 AM
2007 meant the Red Sox, wrapping up a year of dishwashing, the profits of which pay for my University and assorted alcoholic beverages, getting drunk for the first time, and Die Hard 4. Anything else, I either missed or didn't care about.

Gorath the Flame
January 1st, 2008, 09:00 AM
My 2007 had its up and downs like I'm sure everyones has, but since I've taught myself to focus on the good things this was a pretty great year.

Now as for 2008 lets all try to make the best of it. My resolution is to be less paranoid.(yes, I'm slightly paranoid)

Sagrived Switpaw
January 1st, 2008, 09:47 AM
My 2007 seemed to be a growing year, With High School counting down, I had to change my work ethics, deal with some deeper relationships and also re-master my pitching form (which is no walk in the park).

Overall it was a year in my life I needed to live. I thank god for letting me do so!

Last night I counted down to the new year with some friends at a "Dodge ball rally and lock-in." Now that was fun, and a perfect time to forget all that new pitching my coach drilled into me.

Happy new year everyone!

Bladeswift
January 1st, 2008, 12:27 PM
New Year's day and I am not hung over. This is blasphemy. I shall have to resort to desperate measures (http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060102).

Safronia_Cedarwood
January 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Might as well throw in my two cents.

Good things:

1) I'm first in Math Olympiad out of the school! Yay!
2) Traveled in an airplane at least five times.
3) My BFs are in my homeroom!!

Bad things:

1) Stayed in hospital for the first time for five days. (Pneumonia)
2) Nearly broke my arm
3) Had a week of fever that came with the pneumonia

Whew! That's a lot of stuff.

Mackinsie
January 1st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Happy New Year! I didn't do anything special for the New Year. Just hung out with my family.

I don't do resolutions because that would mean that I have a flaw (which we all know is impossible as I am the most perfect person to ever walk the planet! ;) ).
I just have the standard ones about eating healthier, exercising more, not procrastinating... etc. :)

Hope the new year is a happy & healthy one for all of you! :D

Chelki Sureshot
January 1st, 2008, 07:43 PM
So, I have a few New Year's resolutions. . .which probably are impossible.

Don't procratinate homework
tone myself (my arms are kinda weak :( )
write in my journal at least once a week (I have 5 hours to find it. . .)

Oh darn, there was another one. . .but now I've forgotten!

Josiah the Warrior
January 2nd, 2008, 01:18 AM
New Years: the usual excess of champagne and drinking games and hilarious midnight hookups. People these days. :rolleyes:
Woke up at 4 today and watched Temple of Doom in bed with the sig-o.

+'s of '07:
-Met and began dating perfect girl
-College
-End of high school
-College
-Saw both Wu-Tang and the Beastie Boys in concert
-College
-Rush Hour 3

-'s of '07:
-Brawl got delayed
-High school was free, higher education is not

Resolutions: