PDA

View Full Version : Graduation/Last Days of School

Lord Servone
May 15th, 2003, 10:42 PM
I was kind of curious, as tomorrow will be my last day of school and I will be graduating in two Sundays, are there any other seniors at this board that are graduating? I know I am >:D. Muah ha ha ha ha ha!

So that others aren't left out of this conversation, when does school end for all of you...that is...if you are still in school! Muah ha ha ha ha*. If you're home schooled, when will lessons end for you....I have no idea how home schools work, do I?

*- I should really limit that to once a message, eh?

LadyBeelze
May 16th, 2003, 08:21 AM
School here will be ending the 23rd of this month, yesterday we had yearbook day. It is so fun after seeing what everyone wrote. Plus theres a school barbaque for lunch, softball, baseball, volleyball, and rock climbing. Though i will be attending summer school to make up my D grade in algebra starting June 2nd :( *mumbles something about summer school and goes off*

Dakota
May 16th, 2003, 01:25 PM
My school year ended about a month ago. :)

Lyrian Aryns
May 16th, 2003, 01:38 PM
*sigh* I've got four more weeks left... I hate school.

Just out of curiosity, how much do all of you have to pay for yearbooks? Ours is fifty-five dollars.
It's not fair... the middle school ones were only twenty or so! Hmph. Then again, the high school is about twice as big as the middle school, and I've heard that the HS yearbooks are of considerably higher quality... Ah well. I think I'm gonna see if I can pester my mom into paying for half, or something...

LadyBeelze
May 16th, 2003, 03:28 PM
i had to pay 35 dollars for my yearbook which seems like a ripoff compared to the middle school's yearbook which was only 16. But its at least twice as thick as the middle schools and theres a couple color pages in the front for the seniors and on the back which had information on recent world events. So i was happy overall, what i like most about yearbooks is what people wrote in it :)

Lord Servone
May 16th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Yearbooks at my school have always been $30... I wouldn't buy them if they cost any more xP

true_redwaller
May 17th, 2003, 07:42 AM
I HATE SCHOOL! :mad:

That's all I have to say for now. *takes a bow and leaves*

Airemia
May 17th, 2003, 09:01 AM
School ends for me in four weeks. AHHH! Not enough time! Not enough time! I have to finish all my credits in four weeks?! 'Work at your own pace' sounds really good in October, but not in May when you've got four weeks left! :p

The credits I'm going to have for grade 9:

Life skills
Gym
Applied Math
Academic English
Academic Geography
Applied French

But I've already transfered to my new high school (yay!) and picked my courses for grade 10, which arrrre....

Grade 9 Academic Science
Grade 10 Academic Science
Keyboarding
Applied Math
Academic English
Academic History (20th century Canada, I think...)
Civics
Careers
American History (A grade 11 history course! Hurrah!)

Soooo... I want school to be out for summer vacation, but I need more time to finish stuff! :rolleyes: :p

Nora the Rover
May 17th, 2003, 12:36 PM
My school is out on June 6th. I have to wait a few more weeks. :mad:

I hope that next year, when I get into 10th grade, school won't be as terrible and miserable as it was this year. My school is actually rather nice at times, despite the annoying teachers. I'll probably be taking Guitar, Shakespeare Playing, German 2, Debate, Anthropology 2, (Or Ancient Civiliaztions.), and a few computer techonology classes. I only have about three core classes; Language Arts, Algebra 2, and Biology.
The best thing about my school is that there is no separation between the grades. All students get to attend any class. It's really awesome. The only classes separated are the AP College courses for the Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.

The yearbooks at my highschool are rather expensive, most are about $45.00, because they're hardbound.

Darkhood_343
May 17th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Servone
I have no idea how home schools work, do I?

Depends on what homeshool it is. ;)

I get out... the twenty third, I think. Anyway, I'm graduating, bubt not from High School, from Middle School. I have to go the homeschool group and have a ceromony on the 30th. Party afterawrds. Horray! :)

Gabool the Wild
May 18th, 2003, 11:30 AM
I don't get out of school until June 23 :mad: And that's only going to be a half day :mad: :mad: since we had a snow day on a half day. But in these few weeks before then end, I have two projects that have to be completed and one of them is really big and I've done like none of it yet.:eek: I really need to manage my time better. I can't wait for next year though (except for the fact that I'll have to take MCAS) because I got into show choir which is like a choir where you sing and dance at the same time to a certain theme. Next year's theme is gonna be Billy Joel- one of the best artisits in modern day music. :)

Our yearbook's cost 42$, bout 30 more dollars than Middle School. Thats because these yearbooks are hardcover, and the senior section is in color, and it's probably at least 100 pages longer, and its a really nice yearbook (It's even won some awards).

Glenner
May 18th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Lets see, I get out on the 30. So two more weeks, and I'm gone.;)
This week is the last week I have of real school, then the week after that I have finals (urgh).
Our yearbooks are $60 , and if you don't pay for them way at the begining of the year, they raise the price. We get our yearbooks this Friday.

Pennybright
May 18th, 2003, 06:06 PM
My school ends on the 30th, but we have off this Friday and the following Monday. The last two days we don't really do anything except eat and have graduation practice. I'm graduating from middle school (8th grade) and the yearbooks cost 17.50. I worked on it. It was NOT cheap. We had to buy disks from the company to set up the pages on the computer. It was less expensive than last year because we used a digital camera and we didn't wast a lot of money on film. Many of the non-digital pictures don't turn out, or can't be used and there's nothing you can do about it. A really bad picture of me looking grumpy was snuck into it by one of the teachers. Everyone thinks its a big joke.

Rillflag27
May 18th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I'm home schooled and I think I end school on June 30th

Furrtil
May 18th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Ugh. School ends either the twentieth or twentyfirst, but no one shows up the last day. Next year I'll graduate from junior high, and because the junior high (grades 7-9) is becoming a middle school (grades 6-8) the current seventh graders will be graduating with us. Either we'll get an awesome graduation because we'll be the last ninth graders at our school, or a really junky one because they'll try to fit in the eighth graders (which is more likely).

Go school.....? *mutterss* School demands so much! How am I gonna get myself a steel t-fixture 1 inches and 1/2 inch and a wooden dowel and a three foot long pipe and a grill? Oh well. At least we're gonna cook some hot dogs with them. Better than ordinary math class. We have an awesome math class. Can't say much for the other classes.

VanessaNB
May 19th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I don't get out until the end of June. Lucky me, I don't have to finish all my credits by then, we do semestering, only three courses at a time (the other two are all year). We always seem to get a lot of long weekends and such at the end of the school year. And thunderstorms, so our English teacher gets scared. Bwahahaha!
Sadly, I have...*counts*...three projects due for one class, two of which are gonna involve a lot of work, and a powerpoint for heritage, but we couldn't get to the stoopid island!

Cale Yin
May 20th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Well, I graduate in 369 days... ^_^ But I have tomorrow as my last whole day then Thursday and Friday are half-days and we take exams on those days. Two days left, basically. Sigh.

Shrubium(III)
May 20th, 2003, 11:44 PM
*sniff* I just realized something awful! the only class I need to graduate is english 30... why in the world have I burdened myself with a full awfull course load anyway? I shoulda skipped out on all the fun extra courses like physics and biology and calculous! I'm gonna be some 40 or so credits over what I need... and for what? I coulda had the whole day as one giant spare and just puttered my way through english. Dude! it's not fair.
ah well, after this - NO MORE! *high-fives other graduates* I'm graduating, I'm graduating - nanner nanner - hey wait, I'm starting to sound like I'm in elementary again... er, pardon me. *a-hem* Let us now consider this function of x and solve for it's derivative using implicit differnciation and triginomic identities. Don't forget that for this question you should also be using the chain rule. -beat- Now I'd like you to consider the phenotype of the combination of a homozygous dominent plant with a heterozygous dominent and list all genotype ratios.... - beat- Remember that engery is directly porportional to the mass and speed squared of an object...

Rachael_Otter 281
May 21st, 2003, 07:38 PM
Im home schooled and I get off on june 3. I think. I'm going to my aunts house so I get off early. I was going to get off the 6th but my parents have to leave for four days:D. I feel so lucky ;) .

LadyBeelze
May 23rd, 2003, 11:34 AM
I am officially out on summer vacation now *party*

MoonShadow
May 23rd, 2003, 03:30 PM
I don't get out of school until June 23 Heh, I get out on June 25.

I'm graduating middle school, and the yearbooks are like 23 dollars or something this year--they raised the prices.

Airemia
May 23rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
I'm graduating middle school

Well then this is Airemia wishing you a good dose of good luck! Much better luck than I've had in high school so far, anyway. Aw, you're smart. You'll do just fine. ;)

LadyBeelze
May 23rd, 2003, 06:40 PM
I was looking in my yearbook the other day and i realized theres only 242 kids in the high school. feh

and i don't have to take summer school now because i raised my algebra grade to passing

Furrtil
May 24th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Did any of you hear about the school district in Oregon who let their kids out of school about a month early because they didn't have enough money to pay the kids? The other proposed plan was to have school four days a week. :eek: Sheesh, that's a problem and a half. Can school systems do nothing right?

I heard it on NPR. Laugh all you want, but someday, NPR will....er.... Sometimes news radio is good..... *shifty eyes*

Martin the Warrior
May 24th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Furrtil
Did any of you hear about the school district in Oregon who let their kids out of school about a month early because they didn't have enough money to pay the kids?

WHAT???? :eek: Schools are supposed to pay kids?

...mine must have never gotten the memo. Of all the no-good, downright rotten luck... :rolleyes:

Matthias of Redwall
May 24th, 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Martin the Warrior
WHAT???? :eek: Schools are supposed to pay kids?

...mine must have never gotten the memo. Of all the no-good, downright rotten luck... :rolleyes:

Well that is hard luck to you Martin:cornflow: , I thought you are supposed to be hang up on the wall now, I mean school? :rolleyes: anyway, my school is sooooo good their is not much homework and all that, basically, everyday is holiday! :cornflow:

Airemia
May 25th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Uh, yeah... Since when are schools supposed to PAY kids? That's certainly a newsflash for me.

Hey, did you hear about the public alternative secondary school in Ontario, whose kids are getting out ten days early because the school has to move, leaving Airemia virtually no time to finish her credits? :rolleyes:

VanessaNB
May 25th, 2003, 06:21 PM
I wish our school paid us. For every time our school and board failed us, I get paid a dollar. I'd be RICH. Our school can't even pay for paper anymore:o What a sad state of affairs is that?

Furrtil
May 25th, 2003, 08:56 PM
*jaw drops* Er..... that was a really bad typo! I should reread my messages.

It was supposed to say that the city didn't have enough to pay the teachers. Teachers, teachers, teachers, teachers! *sigh* They should invent a spell-check for stupidity. Or a stupidity-check. *shrugs* Ah well, I probably wouldn't use it. Isn't that always the case? that the foolish ones never would use something to prevent foolishness.

LadyBeelze
May 25th, 2003, 09:13 PM
A school that pays the kids, now that would be cool. I can't wait till next year i won't be a "little" freshman anymore.

Furrtil
May 25th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, yes, I know I screwed up and my brain is on the moon. But I meant the teachers, you guys! The teachers! The flippin' bally rotten' ole teacher chaps! *tears hair out*

*attempts to meditate while Linkin Park is playing*
*fails*
I MEANT THE TEACHERS!

LadyBeelze
May 26th, 2003, 08:24 AM
I MEANT THE TEACHERS!

now that makes more sence :)

Cale Yin
May 28th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Heh...

We don't have no monies neither. We don't have enough teachers- they're making some art teachers teach things they don't know anything about, like social studies and stuff. They're taking money away from the arts department. :mad: POOTEY ON ACADEMICS!!! BAH!!! And they don't offer the one class I really need anymore: Cosmetology. And Latin. I need them!! *cries*

Lord Servone
May 28th, 2003, 06:28 PM
My school had dozens of budget cuts...part time librarian, cutting golf...I'm surprised they didn't cut speech competitions. Our school's kind of falling apart...kind of literarly too...

Matthias of Redwall
May 28th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Meanwhile, my school is bursting with money... New computers for teachers, new computer for the labs(we got four labs) and new TVs.:cornflow:

Furrtil
May 28th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Bursting with money? Why don't you toss a few down here? Eh, we're okay with money I guess. We really need new books, though. My math book currently has ripped pages, scribbles in pen and pencil, a few torn pages, and some drawings of things that should not be mentioned on this board. That's one among the nicest: some have covers that are torn off, and the pages are falling out of the binding. and some desks are covered in pen, pencil, sharpie. The bathrooms are rather frightful, it's interesting to see someone's clothes stuffed down a toilet. O.o