PDA

View Full Version : A New Ally?

Gabool the Wild
May 18th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I am I the only one that feels that Redwall could have a new ally in the rebuilt Riftgaurd such as it's alliance with Salamandaston? Could we see more of Riftgaurd in future books? What are your thoughts?

Glenner
May 18th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, Riftguard was taken over by the goodies. You know, I never thought of that. It could happen. I wouldn't mind hearing more from Riftguard. It'd be a nice break from the whole Sala-Redwall thing.

MoonShadow
May 19th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Cool thought... A really cool thought... though BJ might decide that it would be difficult to send help over the waters....

true_redwaller
May 19th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah! I never thought of that! That would be cool!!

Darkhood_343
May 19th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Moon-moon
Cool thought... A really cool thought... though BJ might decide that it would be difficult to send help over the waters....
Well, it could be one of those situations where a creature journeys to get their aid, and then you barely hear of them until the final battle, when all of Riftguard comes to help on a battle with vermin on the beach of Salamandastron. Don't know. Anyway, it's a kewl idea.

Pennybright
May 19th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I like that idea. With more allies tougher enimies could be faved in the future....

Madd The Sane
May 20th, 2003, 09:38 PM
It is possible, but Riftguard is a good distance from Redwall, even farther than Salamandastron (did I spell that right?). there might be an alliance, but I doubt that they will travel to one another often.

Rillflag27
May 20th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Well, it could be one of those situations where a creature journeys to get their aid, and then you barely hear of them until the final battle, when all of Riftguard comes to help on a battle with vermin on the beach of Salamandastron.

that's what I was thinking. or Riftgaurd could become under an attack and Salamandastron sends help to them........

Martin the Warrior
May 25th, 2003, 12:28 AM
In all likelihood, Riftgard will become what Southsward did: something that's there for BJ to use if need be and ignore if not.

Personally, I don't think there's anything which will become as important or regular an ally to Redwall as Salamandastron.

If something could stand up to the might of both Redwall and Salamandastron, though.... that would be intriguing (and would certainly be a time to bring either Riftgard or Southsward into play).

I don't think we'll see Riftgard again for awhile, though.

Matthias of Redwall
May 25th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Every thing is just like a dipolmacy, like ally, backstab and such,but I see a flaw what if the Redwall is trying to ally with Riftguard and the Riftguard says" Get that he, er... I mean heaven, out of here!" OR maybe"Sure!" but no reinforcement came... you know what I mean, backstab that is the word for it.

MoonShadow
May 25th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Well, it's an interesting thought.... Maybe one day, BJ will decide to bring a vermin force that is so powerful that neither Redwall and Sala can stand up to it, then Riftguard and Southwards dudes can come over to help. Yes, I'm basically repeating with what Martin said, but I'm just agreeing with him....

Matthias of Redwall
May 25th, 2003, 09:53 PM
"Fleet Liverpool to North-Sea and Army London to Berlin"* smash my head on the board* calm down you dipolmacy freak! Er... sorry about that, I think that will be a captital idea! " Fleet Agean Sea to English Channel!" *smack!, faints*

Keyla
July 2nd, 2003, 09:09 AM
As Martin said, it could become another Southsward, Marshank, Ruddering, etc. However, Redwall and Salamandastron are starting to seem a bit invincable and are given a wide berth by vermin in general; a newly established free Riftguard would be a far easier target. Still, there is no mention of it in what we know of "Loamhedge" and "Rackety Tam", but I wouldn't rule it out yet.