PDA

View Full Version : Wild Ivy

Lord Thunderpaw
May 21st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Wild Ivy was not a character in Redwall the book but she was in Season 1 of the TV series. In fact, her whole circus was not in the book. The TV series actually leaves out or changes lots of things, like Methuselah's death.

I think Ivy could actually pass as a character in Redwall; she seemed believable enough. Thoughts? :D

Folgrimeo
May 22nd, 2008, 12:27 AM
I liked her. Strong voice (a tad British, that's always nice), tough demeanor, cute face... actually, considering that tough but gentle face, the purple-ish coat looks too imposing and out of place for her. But she does definitely stand out in a crowd.

Bagira_GoldenPlume
May 22nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
I LOVE Ivy (go girl!), she my favorite OC (original character) from Redwall; Especially went she acts like a tourist :
"Is that a real Abbey? I mean with a fat Abbot and everything?"

Lady Constance
May 22nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
I LOVE Ivy (go girl!), she my favorite OC (original character) from Redwall; Especially went she acts like a tourist :
"Is that a real Abbey? I mean with a fat Abbot and everything?"

I loved that quote too:lol: :lol: :lol: . I loved her accent and pretty much everything about her. The one thing that bugged me was her "psychic" thing. Stuff like that always make me nervous. But she was still awesome.:)

Fuzface
May 22nd, 2008, 08:35 AM
She was cute, but not in the book, so I hated her. Although I DID like her accent.

Lord Thunderpaw
May 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
I loved that quote too:lol: :lol: :lol: . I loved her accent and pretty much everything about her. The one thing that bugged me was her "psychic" thing. Stuff like that always make me nervous. But she was still awesome.:)

Yeah, that quote was awesome. :lol:

Poncho D
May 22nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Her appearance shocked and confused me. I distinctly remember sitting there, watching the series for the first time, and when she shows up, I scratched my head and silently mouthed the words "Wild Ivy?! Who the ???? is Wild Ivy?!"

She seemed attracted to Matthias, but I think she was too old/experienced for him. But it made Cornflower jealous:p Heehee, that was cute.

As a character, she was okay. But she wasn't in the book, so they shouldn't have put her in there. And if they put her in the movie, I swear to...>:(

Lord Thunderpaw
May 22nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
Yes, she shouldn't appear in the movie; it needs to follow the book as perfectly as possible. I don't even understand why the needed to put Wild Ivy in the Redwall TV Series; I think it was a bit unnecessary just like how Methuselah died.

Badrang3
May 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Probably due to my spending far too much time in the Lord of the Rings section on fanfiction.net, I have a very low tolerance for the introduction of new characters that were quite clearly not in the book; as such, I harbor an instant dislike to Ivy. I don't think that her presence was neccessary, and I want to know what compelled her creation in the first place.

Lord Thunderpaw
May 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think that her presence was neccessary, and I want to know what compelled her creation in the first place.

Exactly what I was saying.

Petunia
May 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I didn't like her. There was no reason to add her. She bothered me.

I agree with Cornflower. :cornflow:

Lord Thunderpaw
May 23rd, 2008, 05:20 PM
I didn't like her. There was no reason to add her. She bothered me.

I agree with Cornflower. :cornflow:

Simply put. :) ;)