PDA

View Full Version : Relaionships

Bladeswift
October 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I notice a lot of people here are old enough to be dating. Curious about their experiences with relationships. And keep it clean.

Chelki Sureshot
October 13th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Interesting poll question, Blade.

As for the relationships, my last boyfriend was 11 years ago. Or was it 12? Anywho, it was in 1st grade. The only Asian kid in the whole school. Not that matters, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It was just a little kid thing, of course. He got me chocolates for Valentine's day, and kissed me on the cheek. That's as far as I've gone with anybody. We broke up in 1st or 2nd, can't remember which. Anyway, we've remained good friends.

I'm just not interested in guys right now. That's definetly not to say I'm gay or anything, but I just don't see the point in involving myself with a guy right now. I've no plans of marrying any time soon, and I'm far too busy with school and life to even consider a guy. Beside, everyone I know is definetly still a boy, and I'd like someone mature. I think it will be awhile before I date anyone. This town doesn't have a lot to offer.

I've set my standards rediculously high, but I'm determined to find my Prince Charming.

What about you, Blade?

Abbot Peter
October 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
My first girlfriend I had in October of 2007. We broke up after a week.

My second 'date' wasn't really a date, just going to the movies with friends, and some girl was convinced I liked her and said me and her went on a date. :rolleyes:

My real second girlfriend... That was over the previous summer, and we lasted 2 months.

That's about it for me...

Bladeswift
October 13th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Interesting poll question, Blade.

As for the relationships, my last boyfriend was 11 years ago. Or was it 12? Anywho, it was in 1st grade. The only Asian kid in the whole school. Not that matters, but I thought I'd throw it out there. It was just a little kid thing, of course. He got me chocolates for Valentine's day, and kissed me on the cheek. That's as far as I've gone with anybody. We broke up in 1st or 2nd, can't remember which. Anyway, we've remained good friends.

I'm just not interested in guys right now. That's definetly not to say I'm gay or anything, but I just don't see the point in involving myself with a guy right now. I've no plans of marrying any time soon, and I'm far too busy with school and life to even consider a guy. Beside, everyone I know is definetly still a boy, and I'd like someone mature. I think it will be awhile before I date anyone. This town doesn't have a lot to offer.

I've set my standards rediculously high, but I'm determined to find my Prince Charming.

What about you, Blade?
Not a virgin. Only one girlfriend. Broke up sometime just last August. In my limited experience, I don't recommend dating till at least one person has reliable car access. Also, school is anathema to relationships. School and work is relationship suicide.

Folgrimeo
October 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Not yet (no laughing, please). And somehow I've never been on a date before (I blame being addicted to computers). But one day it will happen... hopefully.

Ferahgo the Assassin
October 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
In my limited experience, I don't recommend dating till at least one person has reliable car access. Also, school is anathema to relationships. School and work is relationship suicide.
Depends on the situation. My high school relationships were all rather enjoyable, but that may have had something to do with the fact that I had 82 acres of undeveloped wilderness at my disposal.

As for the answer to your poll, I was 19. Still with the same person (living with and also sort of but not officially engaged) over two years later. I've had four total "serious" relationships in my time.

Mokkan
October 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Not yet (no laughing, please). And somehow I've never been on a date before (I blame being addicted to computers). But one day it will happen... hopefully.

Wow, that's exactly what I was going to say. Except the parentheses.

And y'know I'm a bit worried about this. To lose my virginity before getting married is a major sin. But well, what if she... asks? What will I say? No?

I have no idea. :(

Safronia_Cedarwood
October 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Strange and private question to ask, but okay.

I haven't dated yet. In our school dating is merely a term, and doesn't really mean anything (same with "going" out). Most of the people I know haven't either. Haven't kissed yet; just waiting for the right person and moment. :o

My first girlfriend I had in October of 2007. We broke up after a week.

My second 'date' wasn't really a date, just going to the movies with friends, and some girl was convinced I liked her and said me and her went on a date. :rolleyes:

My real second girlfriend... That was over the previous summer, and we lasted 2 months.

That's about it for me...

Peter, you are a really cool guy and heck of a lot more sensible than most boys I know. You're too good for those girls. :D

Fuzface
October 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I've never had any relationships. And I don't want any. I'm a virgin, and going to die a virgin, unless I should randomly change my mind about romance and get married, and only then if I want kids, which I don't....although I can raise them on Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. XD

Yeah. I've had a few random crushes on actors who are now dead or really old....but other than that...

Ohmygod. I just remembered....that kid at camp!!! Ok, here we go...Fuzface's first date:

I went to summer camp in NC. On the day before we left, I was hanging out in this stream with a couple kids, catching salamanders and those little tiny lobster things....what are they called? I don't remember...Anyway, I was talking to this boy...David, I think his name was. We were joking around and got along well.

Anyway, later that night, after the speaking, he met me in the lobby of the building we stayed in. He asked me if I wanted to get an ice cream. I answered that I had to go to my room to get my money. He said not to worry about it, so we squeezed into the snack shop, cleverly slipping around other people in the line....:slagar

We got two icecreams and stood in the lobby, sort of looking at each other awkwardly, talking a little. He was homeschooled, like me. I don't remember the conversation....He offered to get me a coke...I accepted. The machine in the lobby was broken, so we went outside, running across the lawn together to get to a vending machine that wasn't broken.

He got me the coke, and we ran back to the front porch. I thanked him, and then he said "Bye...see you next year!" and he waved...and we went our seprate ways.

Not very romantic, I guess. NOt really a date, either, but it was sweet of him. Don't remember if he was "cute"....but I liked him.

It's the only exeprience I've ever had that's even slightly romantic. And I've never told anyone but my BFF Darogius...

Renegade
October 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Haven't dated, still a virgin, still single. But then again, things are bad enough here that polytechnics offer a "Boy-Girl Relationships" (http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/29/asia/sing.php) module that you can take and actually get academic credits for.

Baby Rollo
October 13th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I don't think this topic is family appropriate >_>

Sagrived Switpaw
October 13th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Nice topic Blade, not quite what I was expecting on the poll though. To date, I'm still seeing the gal I mentioned back in May (five months has come and gone).

Both of us are still virgins and intend to keep it that way.

Ferahgo the Assassin
October 14th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I'm not a big advocate of the whole saving-yourself-for-marriage thing, and that's not just because I'm not religious. I think it's important for a couple to determine whether they're sexually compatible before making such a long-term commitment as marriage; while that aspect of a relationship should never be the most important, it is still fairly important in most adult relationships. I've seen it cause issues later down the line many a time.

I myself prefer to be in a very committed and serious relationship before even considering taking that step, but it's not for everyone.

Swordmaster
October 14th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I haven't had much experience with the ladies, just sporadic crushes that don't really go anywhere, that stop when camp's over. I've followed the policy my mother's laid down: Wait until I have a job or until I'm out of college (which will basically be the same thing, it looks like) before I start going into a serious relationship with a girl, because (no offense) they're expensive, whether it's going on a date, or going to their house, or whatever. A friend of mine has a girlfriend (who also happens to be a friend and distant relative of mine) and I can see the cost of loving.

Sorry for sounding so misogynist, but it's just my observations.

Abbot Peter
October 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Peter, you are a really cool guy and heck of a lot more sensible than most boys I know. You're too good for those girls. :D

Thanks. :D

Though... I have kissed a girl before. Then my ex-girlfriend slapped me. Odd. :rolleyes:

Also, there is this one girl that i really like, not the, "I think you're hooot!!!!11!" or "I have a crush on yoooou!!!111!!11!". None of that. I really like her, but haven't gathered up the courage to ask her because of two stupid reasons I know I shouldn't worry about:

1.) Some girl made up a song about rejection if someone gets rejected. It goes "R-E! J-E! C-T-E-D! Rejected! You just got rejected! Rejected!" :rolleyes:

2.) She may laugh. -_-

Chelki Sureshot
October 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Actually that rejected thing is from Zoey 101. Don't ask me how I know. . .

Oh, and I've never actually been on a date. Pretty pathetic, although I did go to prom. A girl asked this guy, guy said yes, then decided to change his mind and asked me, I said yes, cause I thought I might be interested in him. So we went to prom, and it is definetly not all it's cracked up to be. Anyway he told me he stopped liking the other girl, and would I go out with him. Then I found out he still liked the other girl, so I was like how can I go out with you when you lied and still like her? Lots of drama that year. It was rediculous, looking back on it. Boys are so not worth the brain cells it takes to think about them.

Abbot Peter
October 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I took slight offence at that last line. :(

And as for the poll question...

*looks left and right*

*stares at LPFers*

*Whispers*

I haven't.

*GASP!*

XD

Sorry, I'm sugar-high...

Pondlily Riverdrop
October 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Not even come close. Okay, one exception. This retarded guy I've never cared for asked me out and it was either for a prank or a dare. You could here the teasing in his voice. And it was like Safronia said about just being a term, not an actual thing. I screamed and was having shivers for about five minutes:rolleyes: . He kept trying but he eventually left me alone. If he ever tries again, he'll end up so embarrased no idiot will try it again.:slagar Trust me.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM
::coughs::

::looks over shoulder::

::coughs louder::

::looks over shoulder again::

::coughs as loud and obnoxiously as one possibly can::

::finishes::

::waits a moment...looks down at watch::

::slowly looks over shoulder::

OH, COME ON, MARTIN! Where have you gotten yourself off to? And the SCRIBES? Nary a one in sight! I speak from experience, back in my day this thread would have been locked down lickety-split! I'm not saying I'm against the topic. In fact it's perfectly fine with me. I'm just at a loss at its continued existence....

Anywho, now that I'm done with what I now define as "Cinnabarrian Drama," I can proceed with the subject at hand!

Hhhmm, relationships, eh? Like...the kind you have with a real, breathing person...you know....who can talk? Or the kind you have with that blow up thingee you get at the store? :confused:

Anywho x 2, now that I'm done with what I now define as "Cinnabarrian Comedy," I can proceed with the subject at hand!

....and I mean it this time...

really...I do.

I'm a diehard romantic, though in all honesty I have never had a relationship. That's not saying I haven't tried, I've just tried with the wrong girls. Now that I'm in college though, and spending most of my free time with girls, it seems to me (though I could be completely egocentric), that many of them are attracted to me, and though they are quite attractive themselves, I could never see myself pursuing a relationship with one of them because I haven't met that one girl, who makes my heart flutter and sets into my mind a picture of what's to come. When she comes along, and I know she will, I will act. Until then, this hopeless romantic simply dreams, whilst foolishly casting opportunities aside, until cupid's arrow resounds with a thud.

And in terms of pre-marital sex, my thoughts vary. First and foremost, sex is a symbol of a couple's love for each other, it is another way of showing and giving of yourself and your love. I view it as the ultimate way of offering your entire self to someone else. I think that if people, at any appropriate age, who wish to give of themselves wholly to their lover, should be perfectly allowed to do so. I believe this because it is a definition of freedom, and love is by no means meant to be confined.

I, on the other hand, though stating the above mentioned words, hold true for myself my Catholic faith, and it's belief of waiting until marriage to give of myself, as the ultimate gift, my whole self and virginity to my wife, as we consummate our marriage and future together. That is just how I feel, but by no means do I wish to push my belief onto someone else.

Rakkety Tam
October 16th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks. :D

Also, there is this one girl that i really like, not the, "I think you're hooot!!!!11!" or "I have a crush on yoooou!!!111!!11!". None of that. I really like her, but haven't gathered up the courage to ask her because of two stupid reasons I know I shouldn't worry about:

1.) Some girl made up a song about rejection if someone gets rejected. It goes "R-E! J-E! C-T-E-D! Rejected! You just got rejected! Rejected!" :rolleyes:

2.) She may laugh. -_-

Almost exactly same as me, except there are 2 reasons i don't have enough courage

1) SHE WILL LAUGH
2) She will tell her friends that i asked her, and it will start a wildfire of rumors, and my already low self-esteem and rep will plung lower.
3) Her friends will laugh
4)If she said Yes which is a 0.0001% possibility i would know what to say
5) bunch of more reasons but i'm not going to say them, because this post is tiring me out

Uhhh, i did have a girlfriend but she moved to another school, so it was a long distance relationship, i eventually lost her number (2 days after move) and she called me once a year, and she found someone else and dumped me, but we are still friends

Poncho D
October 17th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Dated this little brunette on-and-off all the way through high school. She was soft-spoken, which I like in a woman, and extremely attractive (at least I thought so), and a couple of years older than me.

I took her to my junior prom, had a great time. Then I found out she had been cheating on me the whole time we were dating. Then I discovered, no, she was not cheating on me, she was cheating on some other guy with me. I guess I was lucky not to have had the living stuffing beaten out of me.

But I've never given up on love, despite bring burned many times. Was good friends with this nursing student I met a semester ago, but when I confessed, she kind of let me down gently.

The girl I am talking to now is tallish, blond, and a real straight-laced type, which is good. She's very intelligent and attractive, and seems to enjoy talking to me. I have hopes, but we shall see...

Sex: I'm a Christian, yes I am, and a stubborn one once more. We don't do it, we just dream. But seriously, I am saving myself, and I'm pretty good at resisting temptation.

Deepspine
October 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Only really started dating when I got to university. Freedom from parents, a chance to get away from all those people in school you never got on with and essentially forget you weren't all that popular. It was nice.
That said the two guys I have dated I met online and both were long distance things with them over the other side of the country. It's the UK though so a few hours on the train and you can get across the country reasonably easily.

First guy was an on off sort of thing while I was likely a little too naive to notice what was going on during my first year of uni. We went out for a few months, he dumped me saying there was someone else. About a month or two later he wanted me back and I did possibly the stupidest thing ever and agreed. Found out he never stopped dating this other person he broke up with me for. Found out there were several others he had on the side. By the time I found out about them I wasn't too happy anyway so needless to say I left him and spent the next few days smiling! The world was bright again and I was free :P

After that I met the odd person in real life might have considered dating but nothing ever happened there and about a year later started going out with my current boyfriend. Knew him all the way back when I was still going out with the first guy but we were just friends for a long time and still hadn't met in real life, being online and all. Year and a half ago he came down to see me and we've been going out ever since. See him once a month for a weekend generally. Not enough but he works and I have lectures and we're still talking on pretty much a permanent basis either by text or online. I don't think there's a day I haven't spoken to him in two years.
On the last year of uni now though so where I go next I'm not yet sure but I'm certain I'd rather like it to be closer to him, make visiting a little easier.

redwallfan91
October 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Not sure what I think about this. As a topic, it's all right. As a poll....eh, it's not exactly the most kosher of things on a Redwall forum. Meh.

Anyway, never have (as regards to poll), never will.

I am a bachelor-minded fellow; but that said, I have several close relationships with members of the opposite sex. Two in particular. I am also in the rather peculiar circumstance of having two of my best friends "fall" in love with me, and, must as peculiarly, myself fall in love with them. So that's a tough thing to go through; as I'm fairly uncertain about what to do. I don't want to hurt either of them; more than anything, I don't want to hurt them. So what do I do? I ask myself. Don't know, except love them both as much as I can for now.

Cinnabarr Rivershell
October 17th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Anyway, never have (as regards to poll), never will.You say this in what I take to be a passing tone. Do you plan to be celibate your entire life for religious reasons, as in are you studying to be a priest? I'm confused a little bit. Everyone has a sexual drive - it's how our species proliferates - so what motivates you to wish of never answering that drive? Also, do you not want to raise a family?

redwallfan91
October 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
You say this in what I take to be a passing tone. Do you plan to be celibate your entire life for religious reasons, as in are you studying to be a priest? I'm confused a little bit. Everyone has a sexual drive - it's how our species proliferates - so what motivates you to wish of never answering that drive? Also, do you not want to raise a family?

I fully intend to be a celibate my entire life, yes. I have no interest in raising a family; the thought of children belonging in any way to me frightens and disturbs me. Either biologically or not. No, it's not for religious reasons. I'm not studying to be a priest. I'm studying to be an actor, writer, and teacher. So in that sense, no. But I don't understand your confusion, I guess. I just have no interest in it whatsoever; I'm 17 (very nearly) years old. I highly doubt that aspect of me to change. If I ever entered into a relationship, it would strictly be that of a very close friend. I'm extremely unconventional; I just don't do things the way of the world. I suppose it's hard to explain to you and everyone online because you don't and can't really know me like some people do. Suffice it to say, I suppose, that I am very different, I have very different ways of thinking, and I have some very (to some) radical ideas about all sorts of areas of life. That answer your questions? :)

Tsarmina 07
October 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
You say this in what I take to be a passing tone. Do you plan to be celibate your entire life for religious reasons, as in are you studying to be a priest? I'm confused a little bit. Everyone has a sexual drive - it's how our species proliferates - so what motivates you to wish of never answering that drive? Also, do you not want to raise a family?Not exactly true- there are some people who are just asexual.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

Pondlily Riverdrop
October 17th, 2008, 05:14 PM
For no apparent reason....
Oooooooooooooh.
*ducks, bobs and weaves, and dives into a bush*

And Peter, don't worry about the stupid rejected song. Be glad you're not the one who asked me for a prank. If he ever asks again, I'll say yes, and after five seconds, leave him for my dictionary. And maybe throw in some crying that he was "looking" at other people.

And Rakkety Tam, don't let that get you down. Have self confidence. And if she laughs or insults you, shrug it off 'cause if she laughs she wasn't worth it anyway.
Have some self confidence!
what is it with boys and depression, seriously?

Balmafula
October 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I really don't have much of a sex drive at all. I've never felt a desire for it, and I doubt I ever will. Anyway, it seems very unpleasant and I don't think I could ever fully trust or love another human being enough give myself up for. Who knows, maybe someday I will meet someone who will change that, but I'm not holding my breath.
And I know I NEVER want to have kids ever.

I haven't really dated, and I'm not planning on it. For one I'm VERRRY selective and most people in the surrounding area are really just not for me and I don't feel like just "settling down" with somebody because they're available. It seems that, in the end, most relationships just complicate everything and I have enough to do already without having to deal with all of that emotional drama in my life as well. So single and a virgin, but it suits me fine. Gives me more time to work on the real loves of my life.

Ecto
October 17th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I'm a virgin. I'm 15.
I've never had a girlfriend, either. Not for lack of wanting one, just lack of asking. Although there is a girl I reeeeally like that I'm probably going to ask out soon... I dunno. I just have to get my life in order first.

LadyBeelze
October 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Way to rub salt in the wound :p . I want a man right now and badly. Two factors are preventing me from pursuing a relationship at the moment. First, school is unmercifully cruel with no signs of letting up and second, I don't think I can maintain a healthy relationship when I have personal issues to work out. I'm a virgin but I'm not saving myself for marriage. I just haven't found a person who I trust unconditionally.

Tesra
October 19th, 2008, 01:47 PM
We-ell it's stupid but I feel more or less relieved to see many people here have never dated or at least are still virgin while being my age or around it - when not over it. What I mean is, I always found -and still find pretty awful the way some people are boasting about not being a virgin at 16-17 or others looking at you with pity when you're over 18 and never dated nobody. I actually am no more a virgin but that happened quite recently and the boy Im with is the only one I've never dated. It's the same on his side. That's a kind of common proudness of us. ;)

Arrowtail
October 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
I'm not into relationships. Well there are girls you vaguely like for a while or girls you kiss at a party or something, but they don't mean anything. It would be just too difficult and my lifestyle is awkward enough as it is. That said, I'd be lying if I said that the idea of someone to love and maybe children isn't appealing to me, so hopefully one day the situation will be easier.