PDA

View Full Version : The sword of Martin

Sayna
June 19th, 2003, 06:20 PM
BJ says that the band of vermin are seeking the sword of Martin so that would mean the questers don't have the sword with them wouldn't it?

Glenner
June 19th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Probably not. Didn't it say the vermin head for Redwall looking for it? If so, sounds like they're headed for a bit of trouble.;)

Glenner
June 19th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Btwy, Welcome to the forums Sayna!:)

The Red Badger
June 19th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Yes, welcome, Sayna!

Oh, and, not necessarily. Redwall has received a reputation and tales of the magic sword of Redwall Abbey could spread, but these vermin wouldn't know if the sword had left. They could be attacking Redwall for something that isn't there, making the situation comical.

Sayna
June 19th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Thanx :D

Glenner
June 19th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Actually that could be true , reds. Its does sounds like something BJ would do.

Keyla
June 20th, 2003, 11:09 AM
It would make fantastic dramatic irony. I'm sure someone will criticise it if it is so, but then someone always will, won't they? It would also put a great twist on the seige, stopping it being just another vermin attack on the abbey.
Whether the sword leaves the abbey will most likely depend on whether there is a champion or not. If there is it will most likely be Sarabando as he appeared to be emphasised above Bragoon in the note. However, I could just imagine the abbot/abbess/badgermother/leader giving it to them and saying a speech with lots of "May fortune be with you" and such-like in it.
Having said that it may be at the abbey, though it would present a bit of a dilema which would be hard to resolve satisfactorally in the story: whether to give up the sword or risk the lives of abbeydwellers. I think a "(The) Taggerung"-style "I'm sorry we don't have it" would be quite possible here.

Madd The Sane
June 21st, 2003, 08:21 PM
I might have said this before, but, maybe Skipper will be one of the two warriors going to Loamhedge. I don't think Brian Jacques has told us yet who is going to Loamhedge, so that would narrow it down to only one true warrior, but it doesn't mean that one of the young pranksters has it?

Keyla
June 22nd, 2003, 09:16 AM
To me it seems that it is almost definately Sarabando and Bragoon, as mentioned inthe note as "two dibbuns now growing old", that will be the two senior warriors as otherwise they have not been mentioned among the... *counts on fingers* ...eight characters we have been told of in the most recent paragraph regarding "Loamhedge" after having been the first two names and two of the first three actual characters we have been made aware of in the afore mentioned initial note.
However, I reckon Skipper will still have a part in the story, perhaps aiding to defend the abbey from the searats led by... *cue dramatic music* ...The One Whose Name Sounds Like Spag Bol.;) This seems to be his general role now, though he may only come into it a little way through like in "(The) Taggerung"