PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn

Madd The Sane
June 30th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Do you think that the Redwall animals can get sunburned? I got a minor sunburn on saturday, but it's gone now.

I don't think so. The fur is a natural barrier to stop that.

Keyla
June 30th, 2003, 08:59 AM
The answer to that would be most likely they do if animals of their species do. However, it is arguable that they do as they have many similarities to humans, though I would disagree with this as they appear to be physically their species but humanoid in their brains, though it is possible to argue that their vocal cords must be similar to human ones if they can speak english and so they could get sun burn as humans do. But I think that's all a bit technical and the concept of talking human-like animals itself isn't terribly scientifically sound; I doubt Brian himself has looked into it.
By the way, is this possibly promted by any personal experience, Madd? Sunburn is one of the three banes of summer in my opinion, the other two being wasps, wasps and, um, more wasps.

VanessaNB
June 30th, 2003, 05:27 PM
They might walk, talk, and do backflips, but it's kinda hard to tan with fur, dontcha think? I've never seen Buddy get sunburnt, but I've found bug bites on him.
No, talking does not mean you tan.

Lord Servone
June 30th, 2003, 06:21 PM
What a strange topic...

I know dogs can get sunburnt on their noses...at least...I think they can. Maybe Redwallers can get sunburn on their noses...I don't know...

Furrtil
July 1st, 2003, 10:59 PM
My dog got sunburnt around his underbelly... Less fur, you know. The idiotic canine always flops over like a dead whale in the middle of the yard in the middle of the day, and then seems to wonder why he got hot.

As for Redwall creatures getting sunburns -- why does it matter? It doesn't appeart that they do. Either that, or they wear a looooot of sunscreen.