PDA

View Full Version : Ruined...

Lord Servone
July 4th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Well, it looks like my reading of the Redwall series will be even more postponed... yesterday, the air conditioner got clogged or something and leaked...right ontop of my bedside table. What did it land on? My sketchbooks, my notebooks, and my Redwall books... the sketchbooks and notebooks were destroyed while some of my Redwall books, and a non-fiction book about pirates, were saturated. Fortunately, I caught the leak before it could do more damage or leak onto all of my books on the table....however, it still did ruin a few books (hopefully I can still read them). The Redwall Map and Riddler was such a book, but it was saved...though severely warped. The Pearls of Lutra recievded minmum damage. Meanwhile, Marlfox, Legend of Luke, Lord Brocktree, and the Long Patrol (as well as the mentioned Pirate book) were soaked to the bone....well....if books had bones. They're drying right now but are still a little damp and the covers are warped. Luckily, a box was covering the earlier books and they recieved no damage at all... Redwall Badgers and the two picture books, as well as Tales from Watership Down, were also with the damaged books. How they escaped damage is beyond me. Luckily also, the later Redwall books, as well as the rest of my books were on the otherside of my room and thus escaped damage too....

I really wish that the air conditioner would've waited to leak another week or so...by then, I would have had all my books packed away....*groan*

Keyla
July 4th, 2003, 02:50 PM
My heart goes out to you. It reminds me of my purple stained copy of "Mariel of Redwall"; it was in my schoolbag and my "Fruits of the Forest" Capri Sun exploded. I hope you haven't had too many ruined.

Sayna
July 4th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I was reading Mossflower in the bath when I dropped it :( but it is OK because I put beside in the boiler. The paper is hard now though.

Glenner
July 4th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Reminds me of of my copy of Mossflower that had a blue nail polish spot on it. Urgh. no matter how hard I scrubbed, it wouldn't come off. It got me so mad. Though I don't know why I complained so much, it was only a spot, wheras you books were soaked.:/

Martin the Warrior
July 4th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear that, Servone. I hope you're able to replace them as soon as possible.

LadyBeelze
July 9th, 2003, 06:37 PM
That sucks! Luckily none of my redwall books have been damaged except maybe the paperback covers are a bit dented but thats all.

Tazzin
July 25th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Dunno if this will help or not but heres a tip for wet books. Put paper towels through out the book and put something really heavy on it.

I once had a library book and it got wet. well i just left and the pages and cover got warped. I got the paper towel tip from a friend so i dampened them and got the warped pages slightly damp. Then i took a dry paper towel put it 'tween the pages and under my boxspring and two matresses. After a day or so the pages were straght, they stuck out a little like the paper had swollen but other than that the book was saved.

An i feel your pain about the scetch books. I wonce had a pile of my best scetches on the floor that i was going to scan. Well for some reason my cat had decided that the litter box wasn't good enough for him. Well my papers got very wet and smelly if you get my drift. Thankfully most were in pencil so you could still see them but i don't think i'll be displaing them...ever....