PDA

View Full Version : Redwall Cook Book Quote

Keyla
July 8th, 2003, 04:25 AM
Here's a quote I found in an online article, concerning the Redwall Cookbook:
Following that should be the long-anticipated Redwall cookbook, for which Jacques did all the recipe testing himself on family and friends in Liverpool, his home. He even whipped up a "deeper en ever, turnip, tater and beetroot pie" - a specialty of Redwall's moles - for 40. "They ate it all, and I told them 'they were good 'ungry creatures,' " he says with a roaring laugh. The book is divided into seasons with a story written around the recipes. So, it's not just a cook book, though I guess the story won't be anything epic, more along the lines of "A Great Redwall Feast" and "A Redwall Winter's Tale" in length and complexity. Once again I hope this hasn't come up before, but I don't remember having heard this already.

Madd The Sane
July 8th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Did it say when it would be coming out?

And a story along with the recipe! So it would tell the story of Redwall cake!

Nora the Rover
July 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Mmmm...Hotroot Soup...

Furrtil
July 9th, 2003, 08:19 PM
*goes into a daze* Turnip n tater n beetroot poi, O et bes gudd fer a choild loik oi!

I can't wait for that to come out! I've always wondered about the recipes and how to make them, especially all the trifles. Trifles taste awesome, but I haven't ventured to make one yet because the recipe appears to take forever. And a story too! How spiffy!

LadyBeelze
July 10th, 2003, 09:54 AM
*joins in with nora's ranting* shrimp 'n' hotroot soup.......MMMmmm *dreamy look*

Sounds cool, except knowing me i'll give everyone in my house food posioning with my cooking 0.o

Keyla
July 11th, 2003, 12:06 PM
There wasn't anything by it saying when it will come out. However, we've known about it for a while so there might be a date of release around somewhere, perhaps in the news post for release dates over at The Official Site (www.redwall.org)

Edit: It was described there as "in the works". Maybe they're getting it illustrated.