PDA

View Full Version : Criticism on the forum...

Chesk Otter
November 2nd, 2002, 08:53 PM
Why can't I add a topic under news? It's quicker than actually sending news in with e-mail. Can you change it? You would probably get more news sent in.

Martin the Warrior
November 2nd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Posting in the Newsline is restricted because it's an extension of the actual site, making use of the forum rather than serving as one. I post news there and then link the headlines from the actual site. It's meant to be an "official" section of the site, not an open one. Which is why I have the settings the way they are. Feedback is appreciated, though.

Slagar the Cruel
November 2nd, 2002, 09:03 PM
I'm glad that the Newsline isn't open-ended... it'd destroy the purpose! :\

Chesk Otter
November 2nd, 2002, 09:03 PM
Could you make a new section then, where you can submit news?

Martin the Warrior
November 2nd, 2002, 09:20 PM
News submissions are accepted via e-mail-- there's a link in the Newsline banner. If you don't want to e-mail, then you can just post the news in the appropriate forum here. Redwall book news would go in the Bookshelf, TV news would go in RWTV, and so-on and so-forth.

Chesk Otter
November 4th, 2002, 09:11 PM
I think there should be more sections though. It's kinda confusing where to put something exactly.

dandin1
November 5th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Then could you open a forum to discuss the news line? Even if it wouldnt get much post like the one on Ez ;)

And there's a problem with the newsline forum. All the text is crowded in the left and the rest of the table is blank...

And in "Terrouge Interviews BJ - Highlights", in the list, evrey word is on a single line....

Loamhedge
is
complete
and
in
the
hands
of
the
publisher.

Loamhedge
will
be
set
after
Triss
chronologically.

MoonShadow
November 5th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Just a question: If we were to discuss something about BJ, like how he doesn't want to create a Redwall video game, then where should we discuss it?

Martin the Warrior
November 5th, 2002, 04:37 PM
I won't be opening a whole new forum for the discussion of news, no. If you guys want to discuss a news story, just start up a new thread and have at it.

Here's a run down of where you should discuss news stories, though:

- If it's about one of Brian's books (Loamhedge, The Angel's Command, A Divvil of a Lad, or other as-yet-unnamed projects), or about the companions (The Tribes of Redwall), then it goes in The Bookshelf.

- If it's about Redwall animation of any form, be it television series or theatrical movie, then it goes in RWTV: Redwall on TV.

- If it's about fringe products, like the Sculptures, it goes in General Discussion.

If you want to talk about possible products, again just classify them. The possibility of a 3D CGI movie would be discussed in RWTV. The possibility of a Redwall book about X character would go in The Bookshelf. Posts debating whether or not a Redwall video game would be a good idea are best suited for General Discussion.

When in doubt, post in General Discussion. If it goes somewhere else, then the Scribes or I will move the thread.

General Discussion is not meant to be a non-Redwall forum, it's meant to be a non-Redwall-centric forum. Which means you can talk about other things in addition to Redwall.

And, if you have any questions, just ask me or one of the Scribes.

Dandin-- I'm aware of the problem and am working on a fix. ;)

dandin1
November 5th, 2002, 05:07 PM
A /D redwall movie? Id there really a thread about that? *goes check* Aww.... no... I'm to lazy to start one about it...

Martin the Warrior
November 5th, 2002, 09:56 PM
The table problem in the Newsline should be fixed now. Let me know if it still shows up.

dandin1
November 6th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Nope, I still get the one-word-per-line problem.... :(

Martin the Warrior
November 6th, 2002, 06:25 PM
The table problem should be fixed, not the line-break problem (which, as seems to be the case these days, doesn't show up on my end of things). ;)

Cale Yin
November 6th, 2002, 06:28 PM
It doesn't really bother me. It's not like it's written in Greekoids or anything. :p

MoonShadow
November 6th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Oh yes it is. ;) *is extremely amused by Caleyin's sig* Reminds me of the good old... erm... newbie? days....

Hm... I guess I'll be starting a Redwall video game thread here when I think the time is right.....

dandin1
November 7th, 2002, 07:24 AM
And the time is riiiiiiiight... NOW! I'd like to start ine, but I just don't know whaat to say.. :rolleyes:

Darkhood_343
November 7th, 2002, 11:58 AM
I know *exactly* what to say so I'll start it. :cool: