PDA

View Full Version : Last days of summer

Cale Yin
August 6th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Today was my last day of summer. My last summer before going to my last public school. My last year of public school. My last chance to pull my grades up so I can get into the college I want to get into. The last year I'll be with all my friends and experience the cliques and juvenility of high school. The last easy year of my entire life. It will just get harder and harder. Until I die. Why is life so hard? Why can't it start out medium-hard, then be hard, then get easier and easier as your life goes on? I don't wanna grow up. I want to be a baby and have my mommy and daddy pay for everything for me and play with my little friends and go to the McDonald's playplace and eat Happy Meals and play on the bikes at Toys R Us and go see the puppies at PetSmart and then I want to drive and have my boyfriend and stay in the public school system as a junior in high school and never worry about college and bills and never have a dumb job at Papa John's and never be in car wrecks 3 days after prom and only have to worry about a reasonable amount of homework and eat lunch in the school cafeteria every day with my 3 best friends without them hating me for having a boyfriend and never have to buy more clothes because I'm growing up and never have to worry about my metabolism slowing down and eat all the junk I want and never have to get dentures and root canals and... never grow up.
http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/lynx/bluesad.gifhttp://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/lynx/bluecry.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/archinto/smile2.gifhttp://burns.thefinaldimension.org/otn/sad/bncry.gifhttp://smilies.crowd9.com/otn/sad/mecry.gif

SO!!! When does school start for you guys??

Lord Servone
August 6th, 2003, 07:48 PM
If your school is anything like my school was, you'll want out of there as soon as possible....I'm out...just when I think I'm out...they CAN'T pull me back in! Muah ha ha ha ha!

Anyway, college starts for me September 1st....but I have to go a little earlier for three days. August 24th: theatre workshop...

PiarasJ
August 6th, 2003, 09:07 PM
I hated school, and I'm fully stoked that it's over! I can decide for myself what to do with my time on this earth!

You know the most depressing thing in the whole world? It's when you're agonizing over the fact that you have to go to school on a Monday morning, and somebody tells you that you had better enjoy it now, because it's a LOT harder when you get out! :confused: Surely not! We'd all be dead if it kept getting harder!!

I'm with you Servone, there's nothing better than knowing that they can never drag you back to that miserable building again!

Lyrian Aryns
August 6th, 2003, 09:43 PM
I have to go back on August 27th. *grumble* Where'd summer run off to?

To be honest, I'm actually somewhat excited to be going back, though I know that's only going to last the first week or so. Maybe two weeks if I didn't have to take math. :P

Airemia
August 6th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Actually, my aunt (well she's not really my aunt, she's my godmother, but that's totally besides the point) has told me that it's much better when you get out of high school. And that university is like ten times better. I hope she's right.

I go back to school on September 2nd. I'll be going into grade 10. I'm really nervous because I'm going to a new high school, and I know barely anyone there.

To make things worse, I have anxiety, which is the reason I stopped going to my old high school. And the thing with the new high school, is that it's basically my last chance. If things get overwhelming, I can't back out now. I'm stuck. Also, I'm now learning that it's possible that I have dyscalculia, even though I got 80% on the grade 9 math test. Fun fun fun.

But I also am looking forward to this. It's a new school, and lots of good stuff could happen. It's on the semester system, which makes things A LOT easier for me, and I'm in applied math now, so I won't be sitting in the math classroom staring at my book and not knowing what in the world the teacher's talking about, and then going home and not even doing my math homework because I can't for the life of me understand anything about it, and the teacher never checks it anyway. Plus, I get to take two history courses, and history is my favourite subject.

So, er... Think positive! The glass is half full! Sunshine on a rainy - or is it cloudy day? That doesn't make sense anyway! If it's cloudy, the sun isn't shining!

Ok, I'm going now. :rolleyes: :p

LadyBeelze
August 7th, 2003, 09:28 AM
I'm going back to school august 21st, i'm actually exited. I'll be in 10th grade :D No one can call me a little freshman anymore! This monday i'll get my schedule and my locker # and combo. But i already know what classes i'm taking just not the periods. Spanish 2, English 10, Geometry, Biology, Art, World History/P.E., and Seminary.

Airemia
August 7th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I shall be taking Grade 10 Academic English, Grade 10 Applied Math, Grade 9 Academic Science, Grade 10 Academic Science, Grade 10 Canadian History, Grade 10 Keyboard Music, Grade 11 American History, Civics, and Careers.

I know I'm taking grade 9 science in the first semester, because you can't take grade 10 science without having taken grade 9 science first. Otherwise, I have no idea what my schedule's going to be like.

I don't even know when I'm supposed to be going for registration. I think they're supposed to send me my letter this month. And if they don't send me my letter... I just won't go to school! AHAHA! :p

granola woodsworth
August 7th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I go back to school on September 2nd, so I have some summer left still... Grade 10!! I feel excited about going back though...
That's funny, math was my best subject last year and I found it really easy. My worst subject was Science, but I still managed to get an A in that... I feel this year will be a lot harder than the last.

Lyrian Aryns
August 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM
The pathetic thing is, I got my schedule last May, haven't looked at it since, and still I remember it perfectly... :rolleyes: I'm taking Algebra 2 honors, Language Arts 10 honors, Choir, PE/Health, Spanish 2, and AP Biology. I wanted to take Spanish 2 as a zero hour but the stoopid school people cancelled it because there weren't enough people signed up... *sigh* I have to take it as a regular class, so I don't have room for Computer Science, which I was really looking foreward to. :\ Though I must admit, it will be rather nice not having to walk to school at six thirty in the morning.

I think we're signing up for locker numbers and stuff sometime in the last week before school starts, but I'm not sure since they haven't sent out the newsletters yet.

Airemia
August 7th, 2003, 03:56 PM
My worst subject this year was math. I got 68%, I believe. My best subject was English, 90%. Then I got 86% in Geography, 82% in French (which was a miracle as far as I'm concerned), 75% in Gym, and 72% in Life Skills.

I'm just not looking forward to having to take science in first semester with all the grade 9s. It'd be better if I was taking applied, because there are usually a few grade 10s in applied grade 9 classes if they failed the year before or whatever. There are never any in academic. So everyone's going to be like, "why are you in grade 9 science if you're in grade 10?" So I'm either going to have to glare at them, or give them a really long explanation, or use my secret escape pod.

Rillflag27
August 7th, 2003, 09:54 PM
I dont have to go to a public school. my parents are admins for an online school. Anyway im kinda exited to go back in school since my life is boring (mostly because I dont have a life). Im going into 8th grade and taking.....Physical Science...Algehbra1...Grammar2...and Western Literature. Last year I got like two 56% on Science.:p

Cale Yin
August 8th, 2003, 07:48 PM
AP Bio? Only seniors can take that in my school...

Well, first two days of school are over. Not bad.
1st Pd: Driver's Education: Teacher's pretty cool, and the most useful class I will ever take.
2nd: Graphics Communications 1: Hm... Prolly boring but I get to print a Tshirt and buttons. I can MAKE whatever I want to say on a tshirt. COOL EH?!?! No friends in that class. I may die. WAAAAAY too many underclassmen in that one.
3rd: Environmental Science CP: Very cute teacher. VERY boring and horrible subject. This class will suck.
4th: English 5 CP: AWESOME class. Prolly my favorite. Great teacher, small # of students (13 compared to 35 in the rest of my classes except DrivEd which by law can only have 15 but we have 13) ...That class is great, AND my best friend is in there. :D

I'm a senior. I didn't know there were SO MANY sophomores here!... It's not an immediate respect that you get after being freshmen, guys. You were freshmen just 2 months ago. You get respect gradually through high school. Seniors get more respect than teachers. Heh heh. :redsy

Edit: Hope no one caught that extremely embarassing typo... :p

Airemia
August 8th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Actually at my old high school there didn't seem to be much bias towards freshmen at all. Of course, I was only there for a month, so I could be totally wrong. And the school I was at for most of this year had like 20 students at the most and all of us were 15 or 16 (actually I was the youngest there for a while), so there was no bias what-so-ever. Also, apparently this school I'm starting at this year is *excellent* for not having cliques, social groups, whatever. Everyone just hangs out with each other.

Well I'm going to have NO ONE I know in my classes, because I only know three people at that school, and none of them are in the same grade as me.

Unless... I am taking grade 9 science, so two of them might be in my class. I hope it's Caitlyn though. She's really nice, even though she's not my friend or anything. But the other guy is crazy. He's a lunatic. And I mean that in a bad way.

Well I'm still waiting to get my letter. I'd kinda like to know a bit in advance when I have to go to registration... If they don't send it soon I'll try calling the school.

Lyrian Aryns
August 8th, 2003, 10:36 PM
AP Bio's technically a junior class here, since the prerequisite is Chem, which is a sophomore class. It's going to be rather interesting next year, being one of about four sophomores in an all-junior class... you guys don't bite, do you? :p

My school isn't particularly biased towards freshmen, either... a little bit of teasing, but that was about it. Of course, I really haven't been around the juniors and seniors much, and I'm taller than a good number of them, so... *shrug*

Airemia
August 8th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I'm taking a class usually only for juniors as well. At least it's something I'm really into.

Grath87
August 9th, 2003, 12:33 AM
I go back to school the day after Labour Day. Ah, Grade 11! When school actually begins to count. I'm doing three sciences, whee, lets hope I can manage them with sports. My goal is to get 90% (or higher) in everything this year, but we'll see how that goes!

*wants to go to Staples and get new supplies but doesn't want to go back to school*

~Kathryn

Airemia
August 9th, 2003, 01:57 AM
I'm going to try and take mostly history courses in grade 11... Not sure if I'll be able to do it. But I know I'll be able to get all the credits I need, because I can do a course or two in the summer, or do online courses, or I can go back for grade 13 if I want.

Cale Yin
August 9th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Oh, seniors may be nice to you, but when they find out you're a freshman or sophomore, on the inside they're just thinking, *A lowly freshomore? I don't have to be nice to them at all. They should be worshiping the ground I walk on. But I'll be nice so they'll vote for me when it comes time to run for President of the French Club and Art Club. Heh heh heh.*

;) (Does this mean I have senioritis?) :eek:

VanessaNB
August 9th, 2003, 03:50 PM
"If you can't stay young, you can at least stay immature".

An' it works too. Lovely motto, doncha think?
For relevance, I know a lot of lunatics at my school.

PiarasJ
August 9th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I'm in grade 11- so what am I? Sophomore? Senior? Junior? Freshman? Being in grade 11 means I've been at school for 12 years and college for one. (That's including kinder and prep) Do I get a crazy name???

Cale Yin
August 11th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ummm... Preschool and kindergarten come first, and they don't count, then there's 12 years of grade school, which is 1-5: elementary, 6-8: middle school, 9-12: high school (freshman, then sophomore, then junior, then senior) then depending on what profession you'll be in, anywhere from 0 to 12 or more years of college. Doctors and vets get 8 or 10 years, artists, cookers, writers, nurses, and more middling careers get 4 years, and McDonald's employees get 0.
You sound like a junior.

Airemia
August 11th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Actually here it's ten years of grade school (junior kindergarden to grade 8), then you go to high school and for the longest time there were five years of high school, so in grade nine you were a freshman, in grade 10 you were a sophomore, in grade 11 you were a junior, and in grades 12 and 13 you were a senior. But now, they've finally, thankfully, got rid of grade 13, which means there's only four years, so it just goes freshman, sophomore, junior, senior.

After you graduate from highschool, you can go out into the workforce, or you can go to college, or you can go to university. You can't get many jobs if you just have a high school diploma, though.

College if for specific career training. University is supposed to be for higher education, and then of course your university degree will hopefully help you land a high paying job in a field you're interested in.

So here you start school when you're four (or in the case of my friend who turned 4 in December, 3), and you graduate grade school when you're 14 or almost 14. You start high school when you're 14, and graduate when you're 18 or almost 18. You can start college/university that same year in September, or in January, or you can wait two years, or five years... Doesn't really matter.

LadyBeelze
August 11th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I went to the registration today for 10th grade and i realized how much i can't wait for school to start. I only got to see four of my friends though, i was wishing that i could compare schedules with all my friends. Oh well i guess i'll find out on the first day of school. Heres what i get

1st Period: Spanish 2

2nd Period: Biology

3rd Period: English 10

4th Period: Art Foundation

LUNCH (my favorite part of school ;) )

5th Period: Seminary

6th Period: Geometry

7th Period: Health/World Civilization

Spanish first hour is going to kill! Usually 1st hour i sit half asleep, i need a class like seminary or art or something. Oh well..it was better than last year with health being 1st hour..that got me awake :lol:

Plus i got new gym clothes since last year i was wearing my old middle school clothes. The shirt is gray with the school name G.V.H.S, a Bulldog (our mascot), and a very odd font "Bull Dogs". And the shorts are blue.

Anyway..i'm done ranting..for now

Edit: i guess..not...

Here you can start school when you're three years old and go to 2 years of pre-school, then kindergarten, 1st thru 5th in elementary school. Then middle school is 6th thru 8th and high school is 9th thru 12th and numerous college years after..i'm still thinking of which college i want to go to ...

Edit Edit: I'M NOT DONE *mouth gets ducktaped* mmmm

Airemia
August 11th, 2003, 04:55 PM
My school STILL hasn't sent me my letter! It's August 11th! Come on, I don't want to miss registration! This is crazy. I want to know what classes I'm taking when... *Hopes that math is second semester*

Darkhood_343
August 11th, 2003, 11:03 PM
I already registered, like two weeks ago. I go in to pick my classes on Thursday, and I have my check-up tommorow. I thik I start school on the 26th or 27th, but not if the construction isnt done with the school, then I might not start until as late as the middle of September! Oh yeah!

Airemia
August 12th, 2003, 06:04 PM
All right, I finally found out when registration is! My mum called the school, and it's on the 28th. I'm going to the school a couple times before that this month, though, just to walk around and see where everything is. And apparently they ARE going to send me my letter... eventually. I still don't know when. :rolleyes:

Lady Terra
August 13th, 2003, 07:40 AM
wheee i'm a senior. we have privilages too..like getting out at ONE O'CLOCK O.O can we say AWESOME XD. here's my schedule for this year...

1- Geometry (aka hell)
2- British Lit.
3- Bible IV
3 (next semester)- Government (aka hell too)
4- Latin I (someone said it was like swimming through a frozen pond. o.O)
5- Desktop Publishing (fun fun fun!)
5 (next semester)- Economics (yeah i gotta take it again cuz i failed it last year. our old councilor said that i didnt have to take it but our new one does. she was so dumb x.x;)

I dont have a single class with my best friend :( it's my last year and i dont have any classes with her. it sucks majorly. but i think this year is gunna be cool tho.

LadyBeelze
August 21st, 2003, 05:54 PM
Well, i've offically survied the first day of school X_x!

My mum dragged me out of bed 6 am this morning and i trudged around the house half awake getting ready until 7:45 when i had to walk around the block to the nearest bus stop (I do so wait for the day that i can drive..legally). Right when the bus started going i renember i forgot the paper with my schedule and locker combo on it! Of all things it had to be that. I had my notebooks, folders, pencils and binder but not that. So i had to sit in a mile long line to the office to get my locker combo and then racked my brain trying to renember the right classes.

Spanish 2: The teacher just went over the rules and it was really boring. And the stupid seating chart seperated me from my friends, well i guess i'm by my halfish friend but i don't really like her in the first place. She stinks! I wonder if she ever takes a bath...um...anyway that was all

Biology: I got to sit by my friends in this one and the teacher went over the rules like any other teacher. We get to disect (sp?) frogs and stuff during the year! Totally cool :cool: And then we did a stupid worksheet based on the rule sheet.

English 10: The teacher is weird, very weird. Rules..BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Art Foundation: No friends what-so-ever in this class! I'm so disappointed. Oh well i'm usually making stuff in the class so i'm occupied. He went over the rules, gave us each a box to keep our art projects and ???? in it, a notebook and we had to "extract" designs/things from a picture.

Seminary - We had a lesson on trust. It was hilarious actually :lol: The teacher asked me and my best friend if we would trust each other on our lives and we both said no to each other. "Yeah right mary, you'd laugh right before i died and have a party after"

Geometry: I don't really know how i'm going to pass this class! I'm really bad at math and i barely passed algebra last year and geometry i've heard is harder. Teach went over rules, got text book, looked up thirty geometry definitians.

Health (aka Physical Education): Went over rules blah blah, by then i'm slumped back in my desk with one eye open and the other twiching. How can you listen to the same rules over and over again for like 7 hours?

On plus side we get the big long lockers this year instead of the little ones.

Furrtil
August 21st, 2003, 07:09 PM
School starts in two weeks and I haven't gotten a letter or anything!

I'm going into ninth grade. I'll be taking honors English, honors social studies (i guess), Algebra II, Spanish II, "Tech Ed", Art, and Biology. Woot.

It's my first official year of high school, even though we're in the same building as junior high. They're changing that, though, next year, so the eighth graders this year will be graduating along with us, the ninth graders. Which I suppose is good, since my best friend will be in eighth grade. But we might get an awful graduation because the school will be graduating two grades at once.

I've decided I should actually study this year, seeing as now the grades actually start counting. *sighs* Darn it all.

Darkhood_343
August 22nd, 2003, 09:53 AM
Well, I now officially have my schedule, and I aslo officially start school on Monday. Here is the schedule:

1. World History
2. English 9 Standard
3. Freshman Lab Science
4a. PE. 9 & 10
4b. PE. 9 & 10
5a. Algebra 1
5b. Algebra 1
6a. Homeroom
6b. Lunch
7. Spanish 1

And that's that. Except I don't have any classes with my friend Samantha or Zack, or lunch with my girlfriend. This sucks.

Airemia
August 22nd, 2003, 02:18 PM
Darkhood, what do you do in homeroom? At the schools here homeroom is just the class you have first. My homeroom last year was Art.

Well it's the 22nd of August, and still no letter! Blah. I'm going back to the school to walk around again on the 26th, and then I'm going to registration on the 28th, and then I might go back again on the 30th.

Darkhood_343
August 22nd, 2003, 02:26 PM
Homeroom is basically the place where they give you fifty minutes (the length of the periods) to do the work from classes that youve already done that day. Kinda like study hall.

LadyBeelze
August 22nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
We don't have homerooms. We just have 7 regular 45 minute classes. And today i managed to lose three of my pencils. I wonder where they go to...
Oh and fridays are early day so i'm happy.
I hate the dress standards this year. They're banning everything i like. Bandannas, collars, chains, etc. Stupid school rules.

Airemia
August 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
...How can they ban collars? I figure that if schools are going to have really strict dress codes, they might as well just have uniforms. It'd be a lot easier for everyone to remember. Luckily, my school doesn't have a strict dress code. At all. All the artsy kids would probably have a protest if they did. :p

Airemia
August 27th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Well it looks like I'm reviving this thread.

I'm going to registration tomorrow. I could either go between 8:30 and 12, or between 1 and 4. I'm going at one, I want to sleep in. :p They're not taking pictures for some reason... I think because their computers are still messed up because of the blackout or something like that? I really haven't a clue.

But I already know which courses I'm taking this semester. My mum got the lady to tell her when she called. I've got Civics/Careers, grade 9 Science, Canadian History, and American History.

So it's going to be a really easy semester! Civics/Careers is very simple. And history is my best, not to mention favourite subject, so I won't have a problem there. Science is all right.

So next semester is going to be more difficult. I'll be taking grade 10 Science, grade 10 Math, Keyboard Music, and English.

Math is my worst subject. I'm good at English, but it's a harder course than History. Science is all right, but it's also a pretty heavy course... As for Keyboard Music, I'm not sure yet.

Furrtil
August 27th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Here, homeroom is the room you go where they take attendance, give you papers, hand out your report cards, etc.

I think they've banned collars at our school, too. Bandanas were banned a long time ago, and I think flip-flops were also, though that ban may have been revoked. I wonder if tying a ribbon around your neck counts as a collar-like thing, because that's what I'm gonna do, because I'm too chicken to buy a spiked collar, and I don't want to become like my dog.

Airemia
August 28th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Well I went to registration. I had to go to the guidance office and change my courses though, because they put me in grade 10 science first semester, and grade 9 science second. So now my schedule is:

First Semester

9am - 10:20am: Science 1 Academic
10:25am - 11:40am: Canadian History 2 Academic
11:40am - 12:25pm: Lunch
12:25pm - 1:40pm: American History 3 University
1:45pm - 3pm: Civics/Careers 2 Open

Second Semester

9am - 10:20am: Music Keyboard 2 Open
10:25am - 11:40am: Science 2 Academic
11:40am - 12:25pm: Lunch
12:25pm - 1:40pm: Math 2 Applied
1:45pm - 3pm: English 2 Academic

I'm going to have no problem finding my classes! For the first semester, I'm in rooms 325, 315, 213 and then 213 again. For my second semester, all my classes are on the 3rd floor. So that's good.

Gabool the Wild
August 28th, 2003, 04:20 PM
School starts for me on September 3rd. I'm really kind of excited, but I don't know why. Mybe it's because most of my classes are pretty good. Maybe it's because last year's seniors won't be around. Or maybe it's because I'm going to be involved in a lot of really fun after school activities.

In our school, homeroom is the first claas in the day where you go for 10 minutes for attendence and morning anouncements.

I don't know why some people have to register for classes. IN our school, the year before you choose the classes you want to take and they try to make it so that those classes fit into a schedule for you.

A lot of you are really lucky. You get to have different classes in the two semesters. Here, we have the same classes all year long. My schedule goes like this:

A Block:French 3- This class will be great because the teacher is really fun (At least he was last year-then again, I had him last block last year. Maybe he's different 1st block). Plus I have a lot of friends in this class.

B Block:Accelerated U.S.History- This class will be fun for two reasons. One is that 4 of my best friends are in it. The second reason is I'll be doing a lot of independent study. The reason for this is because the teacher really isn't that great of a teacher for serious students like myself. She's more of a teacher for students who don't want to learn anything.

C Block:Accelerated English 10- This class will be OK because some of my friends are in it and I don't think the teacher is all that bad.

D Block: Gym/Concert Choir- Unfortunately, I have gym the first two days of school. I really hate gym but maybe this year will be better since the stupid sophmores that were in it last year, won't be in it this year.;) Concert Choir will be very good because I'm friends with just about evryone in it. Also, the teacher really knows singing and isn't a bad teacher.

Lunch (days 1-4)

E Block: Algebra 2 with Trig- This class won't be the greatest. Though I do have some friends in it, the teacher really is not the greatest-and she's the head of the math department. She believes that you have to understand the material the first time she teaches it. At least, that's what I heard.

Lunch (days 5 & 6)

F Block:Accelerated Biology- This class won't be too great either. I think I have like only one friend in it and I heard the teacher is pretty boring. But that's my schedule for the year.

I'm not going to bother explaining the days 1-6 thing. If anybody remembers my explination from before, they can tell you that it is really bizarre and kind of confusing.:p

LadyBeelze
August 28th, 2003, 04:44 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah ha ha ha..i ..i..i've been going to the wrong class 7th period for five whole days ! Apparently theres a difference between healthy life and health. *cough* Me, my friend, and another girl had been going to Healthy Life (aka P.E.) for a week but we were suppoused to go to Health which talks about nutriton, mental health and that dumb stuff. I was called to the office at the begining of school and the office lady is like, "What class do you go to 7th hour?" and i said "P.E." and she hands me a copy of my schedule and points out that i'm going to the wrong class. I feel soooooo stupid. At least the teacher is letting is make up all the work.

My schools really small only like 280 people in there and one floor and all the classes are easy to find.

Airemia
August 28th, 2003, 07:04 PM
I guess I'll talk about my classes like Gabool. I have nothing better to do. :p

Grade 9 Academic Science: This should be OK. Science isn't my favourite subject, but I don't hate it either. The only thing is, is that I'm going to be the only grade 10 in the class, since grade 10s who fail in grade 9 always take the grade 9 course over in Applied. But I didn't fail, I just didn't get it, and I don't need to take Applied. So there. :p I'm not too thrilled about having Science first thing in the morning, but hey... it could be worse. It could be math.

Grade 10 Canadian Academic History: Can you believe there's Applied History?! Seriously, how could they make it easier? Well this class should be really good. I love history, and I'm good at it.

Lunch: Ok, so it's not really a course... ;) I'm looking forward to lunch, and then I'm not. I don't have anyone to eat with, and I don't know where to eat. Oh well.

Grade 11 American History: This should be really good too. Once again, I love history. I'll probably be the only grade 10 in this class too, but at least I'm not with the younger kids this time...

Civics/Careers: I have no idea about these two. It seems pretty easy though. It's a good course to have at the end of the day, probably.

Keyboard Music: I'm not sure about this one. I want to play keyboard/piano, so it'll be cool to learn. But I've always had a really hard time learning which notes are which on the paper. So we shall see.

Grade 10 Academic Science: Basically the same as grade 9 science, only I'm with people my age this time.

Grade 10 Applied Math: AHHH! I hate math! Not to mention, it's my worst subject! But thankfully I'm taking Applied Math, so at least I'll have a chance of knowing what the teacher's talking about. Last year it was like he was speaking a different language, and not a language like french or japanese where I actually know a few words. :rolleyes:

Grade 10 Academic English: This one should be fine. I like English, and I'm good at it. I got 90% as my final mark in it last year. Once again, it's a good class to have at the end of the day.

PiarasJ
August 29th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Argh, all this talk of school is making me sick. So I'm gonna add my schedule too. :P

*8:00am every morning except for every second Monday: English Pre-Tertiary

*Three times a week (Mon, Wed and Fri)- Graphic Design Pre-Tertiary

And that's it! Ahh, it's a hard life. ;) I only have to show up for those two subjects, so I'm hardly there at all this year, I'm doing an Illustrating/Cartooning course via correspondance with a college in Bondi in my time off, but I've still got stacks and stacks of time to spare- Though I'm starting to have less, because two pre-tertiaries still have a pretty big workload. I found out today that Graphic design is the hardest and most involved course you can do! (Wish they'd told me that earlier ;))

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next year (Senior year, woo-haa! :P) Nobody here bags anyone out for being younger or anything, there's basically no difference between 11 and 12- or junior and senior I guess. Everyone can choose the same courses and everything, so the classes are mixed with 11's and 12's.

No dress code at our college, you can wear what you like, which sometimes gets a bit odd...I saw one girl the other day wearing yellow clogs. O.O

The college Ball is coming up soon, haha, my friend Lauren wants me to go, but I dont reckon I will, sillyness, I wont know anyone there at all, so I'd just be sitting down at a table drowning my sorrows in lemonade and chips. ;)

Airemia
August 29th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Ugh, I feel your pain, Piaras. I'm going to have to go to semi formal in the winter, I suppose. But I don't know anyone at my school, sooo... I'll probably just go to my friends' school's semi. But maybe I won't even do that, because last time it was horrible.

Lyrian Aryns
August 29th, 2003, 05:34 PM
I have but one thing to say... how long till summer? :P I s'pose I'll join y'all in schedule rambling...

Algebra II - All we're doing right now is really simple Algebra I review, so there's not much I can say for the difficulty of the class, though I'm sure it's not going to be easy. :\ I have it first thing in the morning, but I've found that I can concentrate best then, anyways. The teacher seems pretty nice, too, though I really don't know him particularly well...

Language Arts honors - I'm excited. Very excited. The teacher rocks and it seems to actually be somewhat of a challenge. I also found it quite amusing that the large majority of our booklist also helps make up the top-25 list of most banned books in America.

Concert Choir - I'm willing to bet that returning members make up 15% or less of this class... sheesh. We lost all but one of our awesome male section to Chamber, and now we only have about five guys total. But, on the bright side, we inherited a lot of eighth grade's altos. So... Oh, and the teacher dyed her hair blond. O.o

PE - I just have to say, right after lunch is perhaps the worst time ever to have PE.

Spanish 2 - I think I'm the only one who remembered anything over the summer... :\ All we're doing right now is review, and it's exceedingly boring.

AP Bio - Our textbooks is obscenely heavy. I swear, it weighs upwards of about ten pounds. Books should not be made so heavy. In other news... well, it actually looks somewhat fun, surprisingly. I'm sure that statement will be rescinded in good time. :P

Airemia
August 29th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Ok, so my first class of the day in the first semester is grade 9 science. Which means my homeroom for the first semester is a grade 9 class. Ack. Well, the person at the office said it shouldn't be a problem, so I guess it's ok...

Anyway I met the grade 9 science teacher. She's great! She's so nice! So at least I know I have one good teacher.

On the bright side, school starts at 10am the first day and finishes at like 1! Ha! :D

LadyBeelze
August 29th, 2003, 07:28 PM
I've got over the wrong class thing, i guess i'll be okay.

My perspective on all my classes after 7 days of school.

Spanish 2: I do not renember any spanish for last year. Oh well i have three friends in this class

Biology: He he ..we've been doing all these fun labs so i like this class and i got two friends in this class.

English 10: Talk about boring, the teacher is so freakin' weird but i have 7 friends in this class so we pass notes while the teacher drowns on

Art Foundation: No friends..but i like art..arts cool

Seminary: THis class is cool, i can fall asleep, have fun, whatever and my best friend is in there and the boy i ..umm..kinda like

Geometry: Boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! I Hate math and me and my best friend are on opposite sides in the class.

Health: emm..its okay

PiarasJ
August 30th, 2003, 02:23 AM
I'm not doing maths this year, far out I was stoked to get out of school last year- I'll never have to do maths again! ;)

In grade 9 I got pretty much straight D's in Algebra, and pretty good marks in geometry, it was really strange. I think it has something to do with algebra being totally abstract- just a bunch of letters and numbers floating around randomly in my head- and with geometry I can see it on the page in front of me.

Cale Yin
August 30th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Same for me-- I hated Algebra but I actually like Geometry. I didn't think it was possible to like math.

After 3 weeks of school, we already got our midterms-- the thing halfway in between our report cards at 6 weeks. (I got all S's, which means Satisfactory. That means, anywhere from a C to an A+.)
Driver's Ed-- I really hope the book part is over soon. It's supposed to be over, like, NOW. Maybe 1 or 2 more weeks of so much bookwork... We do a chapter a day and every 3 days we have a unit test of 3 chapters, and then when we finish the textbook next or nextnext week, we start driving, once a week. I just, like, completely broke up with my best-friend-since-sixth-grade and she's in that class with me. I really hope she's not in my driving group.
Graphics Communicatoins 1-- I like this class a lot. Even though there are a lot of underclassmen who are REALLY immature and annoying and think they're cool and punk and gothic but some of them are so not... *blegh*... I love the computer part of this class, but then we have another room, with a ton of heavy printing equipment that we have to learn. We get to make Tshirts in that class, and buttons and all kinds of neat stuff. I'm one of the best people on the computer in that class; I'm considering a career in Graphics. Or Photography. I'll make a new profession: Photographics. :p
Environmental Science CP: Exceedingly boring and horrible and gross and easy and dumb class, but my teacher's pretty cute and cool, fresh out of college is he. I hate this class. I had to squeeze "intestinal fluid" out of a termite yesterday. GUHHH.
Lunch: C lunch again. I have some of my best friends in it this time, so it's cool.
English V: or, English 5: Great class. At my school, it's worth all of the pain and suffering of going through all 4 regular Englishes just to get to this one. Both teachers are male and totlly the best teachers at Fort Mill. This is like, a life class with a lot of paper-writing and long-book-reading, which I do anyway. My teacher plays Bass Guitar and he's so cool. Awesome class. Male english teachers are infinitely better. And one of my best friends is in that class.

I have all male teachers this semester. Cool.
This looks like it'll be a good semester.

PiarasJ
August 31st, 2003, 05:38 AM
I thought there were rules about falling in love with teachers? ;)

Cale Yin
August 31st, 2003, 05:20 PM
You're sick, PJ. ;)

I never said I loved him. I said he was better than a female (and therefore snobby, bad-attitudish, Fort Millian) English teacher.
I have to read a Redwall-length book at the same time we're reading The Great Gatsby. And at one point we'll be reading 3 novels and a story at once. And writing papers on all of them.

Is college really really hard? Am I going to have to give up my social life to pass? I'm ready to, but if someone reassures me that all I have to do is grow up and stop procrastinating in order to have a life, I should be okay.

Airemia
August 31st, 2003, 05:28 PM
Well people go to university and party their brains out, and they still pass. So I think it's safe to assume that you can have a social life and get good grades. Just try not to procrastinate, and don't give yourself too heavy a course load. And don't listen to grade 10s who are trying to give you advice about college. ;)

PiarasJ
September 1st, 2003, 04:47 AM
:lol: Air

I've found college heaps and stacks better than grade 10-> even though theres a fair bit more work to do, maybe its just because it's a change of scene, but it's just...better. You call the teachers by first names and don't have to tuck in your shirt. ;) The tucking in the shirt bit was the worst in high school, haha, way too dorky. You didn't have to wear a uniform tho did ya?

Oh yeah, and don't procrastinate, you'll get behind. Like for instance, don't post messages on message boards when you should be writing your media module for English. ;)

Airemia
September 4th, 2003, 04:01 PM
So ends my third day back at school! So far it's gone pretty well, besides the fact that I'm exhausted all through the day. :p

Grade 9 Science: This should be an ok course. Science can be pretty interesting sometimes. It could be a bit hard because some of it involves math, but it'll be all right. The teacher is really nice.

Canadian History: Should be a cool course. The teacher seems cool anyway. I sit in between two nice people, so that's always good.

American History: Should be pretty good. The teacher is good. I'm the only grade 10 in the class, the rest are grade 11s and 12s and people back for an extra year/semester. There's a girl in this class from Denmark, and the girl behind me is from Scotland. They have cool accents, especially the Scottish one. Her name's Sarah and she pronounces it like "SAY-rah". So I thought that was pretty neat. :p

Civics: The teacher is... erm... weird. But not that bad. I sit at a table with a bunch of people I like, so that's good. This class seems like it could be pretty fun so far, but I can see how it might get really boring.

Darkhood_343
September 4th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I got my first detention today! Wait, why am I excited? I'm not supposed to be... okay... anyway... I havent posted on here except for my schedule, so I think I'll talk about my classes.

World History: Mr. Darguzis is my teacher. He's 6' 9" and has a very noticable presence. This class is okay, except for the fact that its kinda boring.

English 9 Standard: Mrs.Denofrio. I like this class. No one else likes the teacher because they think she is boring. I think I'm the only one who likes it becasue I participate the most. Shes sick of calling my name. Yes, she said that.

Freshman Lab Science: Mr.Jones. We get to burn stuff. Who wouldnt like this class. He he he...

Gym: Mr.Strode. Let's just say that my gym teacher used to be in the Marines...

Math: Mrs.Stark. I hate math. I hate the people in math, and I hate the teacher. 'Nuff said.

Homeroom: Mrs.Veal. We get to do whatever we want in the audtorium. My favorite class.

Lunch: Lunch. What's to say about lunch?

Spanish: Sr.Saenz. I got my first detention in this class. They'e very strict about being late. I like it though.

LadyBeelze
September 4th, 2003, 05:29 PM
LoL You got detention for being late? Geish, so strict. We only get like a .33 % grade drop in most of the classes.

Heres whats going on right now in my classes...

Spanish 2: We're learning about the rooms in the houses and household chores. The teacher mr. bailey thinks everything is funny and gets off the lesson when you ask him about his puerto rico mission. So its all good

Si, Me Gusta Hablo Mucho En Espanol! ;)

Biology: Its okay, i'm not really into science but we've done four labs these 12 first days of school. One to do with growing plants, the other disecting a worm (fwee), seperating juice from apple sauce, and looking at stuff from under the microscope. The teacher keeps licking her lips though...

English 10: Ususally i love this class since i get to write horror stories and stuff and weird out my teacher. But the teacher makes everything boring i mean everything. Nothing much expected from this class

Art Foundation: I'm focusing on hand pottery this quarter, i might work on painting, drawing, computer drawing, etc later in the year. But i like it because i'm making a ball pot right now (title explains all) and its so fun to have an exuse to get messy with clay. (heh heh heh) And if you turn in drawings you do at home you get extra credit, i already turned in numerous..easy class

Seminary: Okay learning about stuff in scriptures doesn't really apeal to me but you get to sleep all you want he he.

Geometry: Math Sucks But This Is Better Since Its More Visulation. Parell lines, circles and all.

Health: Common sence, right now we're on "mental health" and i looked at all the facters of good mental health and i had the opposite

Furrtil
September 4th, 2003, 08:42 PM
*grins*

Period 1 -- Algebra II: We really haven't done anything yet, but I have the same teacher I've had in both seventh and eighth grades, and he's quite odd but very good. We're gonna be launching rockets, teaching the class, choosing our own homework assignments every night (only three problems! whee!) and of course, math stuff. :P

Period 2 --Energy, Power and Transportation: A fun class! We're gonna be working with electric lights, switches, electric cars, external combustion engines, internal combustion engines, solar power catchers, Ohm's law, perhaps solar-powered cars -- it's really exciting! It's a whole-year course, and spiffy. Plus, we have a welder! I'm going to learn how to weld!!!

Period 3 -- Biology: Extremely hard, so I've heard. Since we're taking it a year early, we get more work. Joy. *immense sarcasm* The teacher's really nice, though, and I love this type of science. Unfortunately, we have a 1090 page book.

LUNCH! At 10:18! Ack!

Period 4 -- English: Awesome teacher. We have to read stuff. Romeo and Juliet, Great Expectations (she's apologized for making us read that already), the Odyssey, the Iliad, Don Quixote, and others.

Period 5 -- Espan~ol! Another awesome teacher, who's really funny. Looks so preppy and boring-teacherish, but wears noserings from Hot Topic. Her list of reasons that you should know Spanish include: being in Spain and getting stuck in an elevator, being arrested in Portugal.

Period 6 -- World Cultures. Yes, we gag and die. Here we have social studies. Our teacher is in love with pink flamingos. She is strict, extremely sarcastic and always says her mind. ("Now I'm going to come in and pretend that I'm happy to see all of you, even if that's not what I think! I'll say, 'Good afternoon, class!' and you pretend that you're happy to see me, even if that's not what you think.")

Period 7 -- First semester, Study Hall. In the French Room. This lady is slightly obsessive with labels. The ceiling is labeled for goodness sake! Second semester: art. I love art, and I got my favorite teacher too! *does happy dance*

Airemia
September 4th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Why do you guys have different lunches? Here it's just one lunch for everyone at the same time. Do you have like 8000 kids at your school or something, and you're having different lunches because it would be too packed in the hallway to walk? It just seems like a lot of unnecessary trouble to me.

My friend Rachel was telling me about these weird English teachers she had. This one would say really strange things like, "I'll dip you in caramel and roll you around in nuts, and then I'll eat you if you don't stop talking!" And, "If you don't read your book right now, I'll put you underwater and make sure you stay there, and you'll be in a clear container, and I'll put the book outside it, and tape your eyes open so you'll have to read it!"

The other one would give them really depressing stories to read, and she'd put sad music on, and then she'd sit at her desk and cry. They had a poetry contest, and all the people who wrote about happy things got the highest marks. :p

Treerose
September 4th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
The teacher mr. bailey thinks everything is funny and gets off the lesson when you ask him about his puerto rico mission.

Heh, I bet that makes everyone just consumed with curiosity about his mission during class, then. ;) Such a time-honored strategy, but it's even better when the teacher is actually from another country - then they're even more likely to be gotten off topic when people ask them about their old home. <g>

::resettles her halo:: Ahem, not that I've ever distracted a teacher like this before, but I don't always mind when it happens. :p

Lunch at 10:18 is... bizarre. Unless you can save some food for a proper lunch time, you guys must be really hungry by the time school lets out, Furrtil.

That's another reason why the freedom of college is so nice - you can have your meals whenever you want, and you can have whatever you want. ;) (Although I have never gone the pizza and/or mac & cheese route (like my brother and his roommates, who ate enough pizza that they made furniture out of the boxes). <g>)

Tree

~~~~

"'What do you have to know to play the cymbals?' someone asked Sir Malcolm Sargent. 'Nothing,' was the reply. 'Just when.'"

~The Wit of Music~

Slagar the Cruel
September 5th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Only 10:18? Feh. ;) My lunch period starts at 9:55. I miss last year, when I got to eat as late as 10:45...

LadyBeelze
September 5th, 2003, 02:42 PM
::resettles her halo:: Ahem, not that I've ever distracted a teacher like this before, but I don't always mind when it happens

LoL Suuuuuuuure ;)

Everyone at school has lunch at 12 pm...hmm

I want my driver's license soooooo bad, i hate the bus with a passion. The bus picks up the middle school-ers first and then comes here so theres no open seat and you have to sit with a little kid. *sigh*

VanessaNB
September 5th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Today ends my second day of school. Wait! Where'd I come from?!
I have one and a half teachers I had last year (one was only in for a little while). No math this semester! In english we get to read some Shakespeare.
Best class? Um...biology. The teacher's great. My mom had him when she was in school. If someones says "eww" or suchlike about whatever we're talking about, he'll make a joke at them using our subject. Heh, Hobbshine.

The comment at the top refers to how I usually jump into a topic at random moments.