PDA

View Full Version : The Long Patrol - 7 years and still going strong!

Slagar the Cruel
August 15th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Looks like I'm the first person to start a topic about the LP's anniversary... again... and I used basically the same title. What else is the same as last year? Another LP sketch. Oh, stop squirming, they aren't that bad, and this one is a lot better than last years (which isn't saying much, I'll admit). Unfortunately, I couldn't get this one colored in time for the big day, so the black & white version will have to do. For now, anyways. I might go back and color it... or dupe - I mean, convince - someone with Photoshop into doing it for me. ;)

Click here for the picture! (http://www.dodstudios.net/uploads/uploads/LPanniversary7.gif) Be warned, it is kind of big... I did have to fit 17 Patrollers in there, you know...

For those of you who can't tell who is who in this sort of thing, here's a list of Patrollers appearing...

BOTTOM ROW (Left to Right)
1) Martin - he's still wearing that sombrero Redsy gave him a while back. Here we see him explaining to Hon Rosie the benefits of wearing a sombrero.
2) Hon Rosie - and here we see Hon Rosie cracking up at Martin explaining the benefits of wearing a sombrero.
3) Reds - looking cool, and either complimenting Martin's fashion sense, or making fun of him for keeping the sombrero on this long.
4) Mackinsie - I decided to go with the old "Baby Dumble: a girl mouse" moniker as a guidline, and so I drew a girl version of Dumble. Mackinsie looks slightly amused at the sight of Martin's sombrero as well.
5) Treerose - the flute should tip you all off here. I would've drawn the real Treerose by her side (the bird), but... I was already using an 0.2 cm line width pen to fit in some of the finer details on the page. I wouldn't have been able to fit enough detail into a tiny little bird. :(
6) Goozy - well, I had no idea what to draw you as (otters aren't my forte) so I just saved you something, ala Mackinsie of last year. Hopefully the pixie sticks (as yet un-pixified, they would have looked more pixie-ish when colored) and the "Bishie Digest" will appease you? ;)

MIDDLE ROW (Left to Right)
7) Baby Rollo - yep, he's trying to swipe some Strawberry Cordial from the Strawberry Cordial Cooler.
8) Servone - I swear, I can't get enough of drawing this guy. I guess it's because I like drawing those shifty eyes. Anyways, this year I streamlined my version of Servone a bit, getting rid of the excess hair from the side of his head. Isn't that interesting?
9) Caleyin - see, this is why I didn't put you in last year. Any imitation I make of your Jackaldeer design ends up looking pretty bad. But, I don't think I did too bad of a job this time...
10) Pikkle (Shrubbium) - this year I remembered. ;) I tried to base your appearance on a sketch you made of yourself as a hare a while ago. You know, the one you posted in last year's version of this thread? Yeah, that one.

TOP ROW (Left to Right)
11) Gabool the Wild - hey, it's Gabool! And it looks like he's finally reading the books again! ;)
12) Pawflash - Hey, look. It's a squirell. Notice how he has a sort of devious smirk on his face upon seeing me hit by the volleyball. :P
13) Ambrose - notice the shirt. ;)
14) Airemia - spiking the ball with a frying pan... isn't that against the rules?
15) Yano - Apparently he's not happy with the way Dandin is playing.
16) Slagar - POW! Right in the kisser. Hey, why'd I draw myself getting hit again?
17) Colonel Sandgall - what's he doing, anyways? Waving to Servone? I don't know. Sorry.

Matthias of Redwall
August 15th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Nice one, but it does have me inside...:(

Martin the Warrior
August 15th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Nice picture, Slagar. Thanks. ;)

Treerose
August 15th, 2003, 03:16 PM
LOL, Slagar - funny picture. <G> Although what do you mean by the "real" Treerose? So I'm not genuine, is that it? ::swings her flute menacingly:: ;)

Tree

~~~~

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."

~Gustav Mahler~

LadyBeelze
August 15th, 2003, 04:10 PM
LoL I like the picture :)

Darkhood_343
August 15th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Slagar
I might go back and color it... or dupe - I mean, convince - someone with Photoshop into doing it for me
I will... if you promise to put me in the pic next year! Lol, it's funny, I like the sombrero.

Matthias of Redwall
August 15th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Now that I look properly, I like that frying pan!:lol: But you don't need to be hard on :slagar !

Gabool the Wild
August 15th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Ha ha ha. That's a very good picture Slagar.:) And Happy Bithday to the Long Patrol!:)

Rillflag27
August 15th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Cool pic Slagar!

Airemia
August 15th, 2003, 07:24 PM
LOL! Slagar, I didn't mean to hit you! I swear! *Shifty eyes* Sheesh, there are a lot of verrry suspicious looking people - er - beasts in the picture. Oh, and I love Ambrose's shirt. ;)

dandin1
August 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM
That's great! You should make more of these, it's super funny! I think the jackaldeer looks good. The way you look when your being hit is great too!

Heh, I took alot of time for me to realize I was in the picture. Last time's me looked better.

PiarasJ
August 16th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Yano :lol:
Tha's great!

Matthias of Redwall
August 16th, 2003, 08:36 AM
What is the name of the shop that Martin is standing in front of?

Slagar the Cruel
August 16th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Oops, forgot to mention that Dandin's in the picture... it's really hard to make lego legs form any kind of stance, so that's why his legs look so bizzare.

The sign behind Martin probably reads "7th Anniversary!" but alas, we can only see the tail-end of it. Such is life.

Anyways, glad you guys like it. Can't nobody say Slagar didn't do nothing for the peoples. Er, wait...

Matthias of Redwall
August 16th, 2003, 12:36 PM
right.....:rolleyes:

Darkhood_343
August 16th, 2003, 01:10 PM
[i]MoR{/i]
right.....:rolleyes:
What was the point of that post? Anyway, Slags, do you want me to color it in Photoshop?

The Red Badger
August 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Sombrero's rock and you know it. :p

So, yeah, nice pic. . . BUT!

Why isn't Rims in the picture? Do you have a moral objection to drawing all four SCRIBEs in the same picture or something? This is TWICE now you've left one of us out!

And no nemesis of Yano, Kymikan? Tsk! I say again, Tsk!

Darkhood_343
August 16th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Hey Reds, your back! Where ya been?

The Red Badger
August 16th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Never left. :cool:

Rillflag27
August 16th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Never came on :cool: ;) :p

Darkhood_343
August 16th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I hate to say it, but the Rilf-mans right. Why did you never come on?

Slagar the Cruel
August 16th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Anyway, Slags, do you want me to color it in Photoshop?
Sure, if you're up to the task. :)

Why isn't Rims in the picture? Do you have a moral objection to drawing all four SCRIBEs in the same picture or something? This is TWICE now you've left one of us out!

And no nemesis of Yano, Kymikan? Tsk! I say again, Tsk!
Try as I might, I couldn't fit everyone who I wanted to draw onto the page. That's why people like Rimrose, Clearspring, and Kymikan are mysteriously absent. Maybe I'll draw a special picture of all the SCRIBEs assembled, and a picture of Yano and Kymikan dueling... it sounds like they'd be fun to draw...

Chesk Otter
August 16th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'm not in the picture either. But then, he can't draw every 146 forum members on the paper.

Martin the Warrior
August 16th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Slagar the Cruel
Try as I might, I couldn't fit everyone who I wanted to draw onto the page. That's why people like Rimrose, Clearspring, and Kymikan are mysteriously absent. Maybe I'll draw a special picture of all the SCRIBEs assembled, and a picture of Yano and Kymikan dueling... it sounds like they'd be fun to draw...

Excuses excuses. Kymikan is as easy and quick to draw as a smiley-face. ;)

Cale Yin
August 16th, 2003, 10:03 PM
:lol: at Martin...

Cool pic! Good job on me... You actually remembered what "I" look like! Or DID you... ;)

//Good job man// !

Cornflower
August 16th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Nice pic, Slagar. Even if I'm not in it...just kidding :p

Furrtil
August 17th, 2003, 09:53 AM
*chuckles trying to picture those people as how they are depicted and feels inspired to attempt to draw something again*

I'll do a drawing of Furrtil! Or something much easier, like..... a flower. Or the Great Wall of China. Or something that doesn't involve drawing moles! It's a picture of Furrtil smelling a pie. :D I am in the mood for pie.

Congratulations Long Patrol! *gives the Long Patrol a blueberry pie* For a spiffilific reign, I now present to you the renowned blueberry pie. It tastes especially good because we kind of misread the amount of sugar as cups, not tablespoons. *bows and presents an empty pie tin* Enjoy! Er..... oops! Well, where could that possibly have gone? Eheheheh..... *shifty eyes*

VanessaNB
August 17th, 2003, 04:00 PM
I should draw and color my own, 'cept I have no scanner. And I know no one on the club.
...wait! When's the forum anniversary? I know everyone here!

Madd The Sane
August 19th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I signed up quite recently, because I didn't want anyone taking my name. I can't really see anyone trying to do that, but just to be on the safe side…

*whines*…and why do we have to wait! I want to go there now!

Matthias of Redwall
August 19th, 2003, 09:57 AM
I want to ask, where can I get this er, Photoshops?

Madd The Sane
August 19th, 2003, 10:06 AM
You don't know what Adobe Photoshop is?! Do you know how much Photoshop is?! You want to get Photoshop?! I would advise you get Photoshop Elements, which isn't as expensive, but it doesn't have some of the features of Photoshop. It still is a good product, though

Matthias of Redwall
August 19th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Those things that ages to download...:( I wish I have Cables instead of DSL

Slagar the Cruel
August 19th, 2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthias of Redwall
Those things that ages to download...:( I wish I have Cables instead of DSL
Um... you're not supposed to download them. You're supposed to buy them.

Matthias of Redwall
August 20th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Um... you're not supposed to download them. You're supposed to buy them.

I know that, Slags. But the thing is at Download.com (http://www.download.com) it offers free trial, so all I need is a demo, then dube in the color of your pic, and then get rid of it. Simple.

Baby Rollo
August 20th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Awwww, I'm so cute in that drawing. Good picture slagar.

Matthias of Redwall
August 20th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Ok, Slagar I got that accursed Photoshop, now what do I do? You now as if in how to color in the picture, and when I am done, how to post in the Forum, etc?

Darkhood_343
August 20th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Well this sucks. I don;t really wanna post the results of what of I've done yet, becasue you went through all the trouble of doing that yourself. So... uh... here are the steps. [list=1]
Color it
Upload it.
Link to it.
[/list=1]

If you need help doing any of that, like uploading, say so.

Matthias of Redwall
August 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Darkhood_343
Well this sucks. I don;t really wanna post the results of what of I've done yet, becasue you went through all the trouble of doing that yourself. So... uh... here are the steps. [list=1]
Color it
Upload it.
Link to it.
[/list=1]

If you need help doing any of that, like uploading, say so.

That what excatly I need. I need to instruction how to upload:)

LadyBeelze
August 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Adobe photoshop cost a lot, geish. Well at least i'm happy, i got my hands on paint shop pro from one of my friends, its better than what i had before. *sit and stares at martin in the picture*

Darkhood_343
August 20th, 2003, 07:32 PM
MoR
I need to instruction how to upload
You got it.

Okay, first, go to Graffiti.net (http://www.graffiti.net) and make an account. Then, when your logged in, click on the little picture that says "Web Hosting" in the top right corner. When that page loads, go to the bottom of the page and click the "Browse" button. Find the file, and click "Upload". Come back here, and click the "Link" button (The "http://" thingie), and type in "http://home.graffiti.net/your user name/name of image.type of image". And your done.

Matthias of Redwall
August 20th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Ok, Darky thanks! My picture is going along fine:D

Matthias of Redwall
August 21st, 2003, 04:43 PM
Now my picture is almost ready.

Martin the Warrior
August 22nd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Slagar
I might go back and color it... or dupe - I mean, convince - someone with Photoshop into doing it for me. ;)

I don't know about being "duped", but since I had a few free minutes this week, I went ahead and did a quick color job for you, Slagar. ;)

http://www.longpatrolclub.com/images/misc/slags_colored.jpg

Matthias of Redwall
August 22nd, 2003, 09:25 PM
Good one Martin! Here is mine... (http://home.graffiti.net/matthias_redwall/LPanniversary7.gif) :D Don't laught...*fingering at my sword*

Slagar the Cruel
August 22nd, 2003, 09:48 PM
Wow, thanks, Martin! That's a great color job. Different then I had imagined, but that just made it more interesting. ;) Though the green backdrop looks kind of odd to me, but only because I meant it to be the bottom of Salamandastron... but didn't go to any lengths to make that clear, so it's certainly not your fault for not picking that up...

Matthias: no offense, but that kind of coloring sort of clashes with this type of picture.

Matthias of Redwall
August 22nd, 2003, 09:53 PM
You should had said! Well how about mine? Though I also use green backdrop:D But my ground look like Salamandastron's sandy beach.:lol:

Martin the Warrior
August 22nd, 2003, 10:56 PM
Wow, thanks, Martin! That's a great color job. Different then I had imagined, but that just made it more interesting. ;) Though the green backdrop looks kind of odd to me, but only because I meant it to be the bottom of Salamandastron... but didn't go to any lengths to make that clear, so it's certainly not your fault for not picking that up...

Really? Hmm... I took it to be a curtain. ;) Seemed a little too straight-lined to be anything else. If you want to get a mountain across, a craggy look would suit it better, with uneven and non-uniform lines getting the randomness of nature across. Throwing a few rocks in would help, too. Straight lines across the board make it seem like creases in a curtain (hence.... ;)).

Well, we'll just say Ambrose gave the mountain a little too much Spam and it got sick & turned green. ;)

Rillflag27
August 23rd, 2003, 12:17 AM
Whoa! Cool Martin! Matthias your is cool too but the colors arent as solid. btw, you dont have to reply to everypost. Now me I cant draw/color at all. ;)

Darkhood_343
August 23rd, 2003, 10:48 AM
Great job Martin. Looks kinda like mine will/does. I'm not finished yet. You too Matti, even though the colors are kind of akward.

Matthias of Redwall
August 23rd, 2003, 10:51 AM
I know what you mean... but can't blame me cause, I am a bit color blind...:(

LadyBeelze
August 23rd, 2003, 12:17 PM
Good job martin, i love the coloring! Matthias yours is okay, it just needed a bit more coloring in. Well its better than i can ever do, i'm horrible.