PDA

View Full Version : Elf

Baby Rollo
August 23rd, 2003, 11:02 AM
Did you guys read the news about ELF burning down those SUVs? That group is full of hypocrites. They burn down all these things like housing complexes and cars, but all they do is 'cause more pollution. Take the housing development, for instance. Besides releasing carbon monoxide and other harmful chemicals into the air, more trees need to be cut down to rebuild the place. The pollution caused by burning SUVs is more than the SUV makes in a lifetime. If those guys want to save the environment, then they should do it in a smart, non-violent way.

Airemia
August 23rd, 2003, 11:43 AM
Well you're always going to have idiots who think they're fighting for their cause. As much as I hate SUVs, burning them isn't the way to go about saving the environment. First of all, Rollo's right, they're releasing more pollution into the air. Second of all, people aren't going to take you seriously when you're violent like that. Thirdly, that's destroying somebody elses property. You have no right to do that.

I don't know what these people think they're going to accomplish by setting a few SUVs on fire. They're just going to make themselves look like morons. :rolleyes:

Slagar the Cruel
August 23rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
Whenever I read about that sort of thing, all I can think is, "I wonder if they walked home?"

Good point about the pollution. And out of the mouth of a dibbun, too. ;) I guess that just slipped their minds. Oops! :o

MoonShadow
August 23rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it's kinda like those extremists against animal research who get themselves killed to save animals from labs. :rolleyes: I heard about it on the radio, but all I caught was the "ELF" part.

Baby Rollo
August 23rd, 2003, 07:15 PM
I think Animal Rights people will start the end of the world. They can release virus-infected monkeys into the world and almost everyone is going to die. Just like the plot of the movie 28 Days Later.

Airemia
August 23rd, 2003, 07:17 PM
*Sigh* Rollo! Don't you remember?

It was only England that got infected! The rest of the world was fine.

VanessaNB
August 24th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Animal rights aren't the end of the world. I'm sure the SPCA counts as animal rights.
Then you get the ones who paint your house red because you ate eggs and bacon for breakfast:o Yes, extremists make me laugh.

Oh yes, and I saw a coyote.

Baby Rollo
August 24th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks for spoiling the movie. Though I should've noticed the spoiler tag.

And I like eating bacon and eggs. Especially if it's on a biscuit with monteray jack or cheddar cheese. Or a combo of both.

PiarasJ
August 27th, 2003, 04:16 AM
I thought this topic was gonna be about elves. Ah well.

Guess what I did. I borrowed a friend's Playstation2 and wiped EVERYTHING he'd done on Dynasty Warriors3. I think. He had every single character unlocked and all the levels and just about all items...would have taken him months to do...and it's gone. Just like that. O.O