PDA

View Full Version : Aarow the Bow

Talon Baowolf
September 1st, 2003, 07:53 PM
first post on L.P. fan fic

Fleabite, a ferret on guard duty for the fox Lord Krish... was asleep. He slowly came awake to the sound of a harsh female voice yelling up to him. "OY…..curse yore mother and all amount of life…..OY!! WAKE UP!!" He yawned and stood up "Stop cussin and state yer…… whoa." Below him was a female rat armed to the teeth with knives, a scimitar, a sword, javelin, bow, and two quivers of arrows. The rat bared her teeth and growled, "I’m here t’ see Lord Krish, if its any o’ yore business, now open up!" The ferret sneered and laughed cruelly. "No."
She shrugged, "Your choice, ferret." She went as if to walk away, then spun around and scampered up the wall. She faced the ferret and said "You, sah, are a disgrace." With a quick movement he eye could barely follow, she delivered a sharp blow to the rat's skull, she knocked him out flat. She marched past the unconcious figure and jumped off the fortress wall into the courtyard. She strode up to the guards and nodded for them to open it. One of them entered, and came out with Krish following him. He looked her up and down, then bade her enter.
He cut one of the most impressive figures she had ever seen. Dressed in fine silks and cleverly woven tunics of black and green, he wore a belt studded with precious jewels, and gloves made of chainmail. He doned a cloak of woven tails, obviously his enemies’, and a rat skull, its eyes studded with rubies, stood glinting crazily up at her from its place at the clasp. He stared at her as he poured her dark damson wine. "Who are you and what is your business." It was more a statement than a question. "My name.." she said slowly, "…is Aarow, and I have come to offer my services." He stared at her and asked with deliberate slowness, "And why should I accept you?" She walked out of the tent, out of the fortress, and onto the beach. She took out a small reed flute and started playing some odd notes. "Rubbish." the fox exclaimed with a snort as he walked back to his tent. A while later, he heard murmmers, then a slurred voice shouting words that led to an enormous exited uprour. He looked out and saw cooks readying fires, drawing water, rolling out casks of seaweed grog and rare wines. What he saw next utterly astounded him. There, standing easily as you like, was Aarow. Aarow the Bow with half a score of large, plump seabirds, a score of fat woodpigeon, and a few huge pikes, all dead. And upon inspection, one would find an arrow, pinpointed in the chest of each beast. The feast that night was one to remember.

Another feast had also filled bellies that night, but some were not joining in the joyous occasion. Jarad Reguba and his wife Hyleaf Swifteye were mourning the loss of their daughter, Aarow. They did not know if she was dead, but they predicted the worst. The young squirrel had loved living at Redwall, but she yearned for adventure. She had taken off during the night, only
armed with a bow, a quiver of arrows, an idea, and the spirirt of a warrior. The badger mother Minkah came over to comfort them. "She’s a strong squirrel. She has the spirit of Martin in her heart, and the blood of a Reguba and a Swifteye running through her veins. Thats more than enough to protect anyone. She also has the heart to take on any challenge, and come through with banners flying. And," continued the stout-hearted badger mother, "she knows that when her adventures are through, she will always have a home in Redwall Abbey, where good food, drink, and company are abundant." Hyleaf sniffed loudly, and hugged the badger, then Jarad took her over to eat up on the battlements with him. "But Jarad," Hyleaf sobbed, wht if she doesn’t come back?" Jarad shifted uneasily. "Well, that’s just a chance we’ll have to take. But I have a feeling she’s going to come home."

"Master Krish! Enemy advancing on the gate!" Fleabite shouted. Aarow, in her vermin disguise, had become Fleabite’s "best mate" as he called it. Fleabite hopped down the ladder, she hopped down the wall. "All to arms!" Krish shouted. "You," he said pointing to her, "stay here until I call you. Go onto the top wall, when I shout your name. Jump off and land in front of the challenger. And… you better win." She nodded obediently, and climbed up. Krish walked out in his usual silks, tunics, belt, and such, but for the special occasion, his "special " cloak. A large stoat stood in front of him, leaning on a magnificent sabre. Krish held up his hands,"Parley, Corsebeast, leader of the mighty Clan Stonesword." Lord Corsebeast sneered "I accept Krish, leader of the good Fort Bloodtalon." Aarow laughed quietly from her perch, wondering how such deadly beasts could sound so polite. Krish was a cunning beast, so he quite often bet lives. "I will bet one of yore creatures, any one, against one of mine, they’ll fight. Which ever beast is the victor takes the other side’s creatures as slaves." Corsebeast laughed, and called forth a huge, muscular fox, calling, "Show em’ wot yore made of Coldblood." Krish looked straight at Coldblood and shouted up. "Come forth, Aarow the Bow." Aarow leaped from the top battlements, turned a neat summersault in midair, and landed with a flourish in front of her opponent. Clan Bloodtalon laughed and rolled on the ground to see the small, weak, female rat against the large, strong, male fox. Under the strong exterior of the fox held a pitiful coward. Under the weak-looking exterior of the squirrel-rat was a strong heart, nimble paws, and some quick thinking. Coldblood roared and lunged at her, determined to honor his clan by beating her. She skipped aside, and thwacked the back of his neck, kicked him in the stomach, then skipped around, leading him a merry dance. Both beasts then pulled sword and the clash of steel echoed off the rocks. Krish thought his beast was done for, that she would never win, and told his captains to ready for war. Then, Aarow jumped right onto the head of the fox, and whipered something in his ear, before holding the tip of her sword on top of his skull, Coldblood begging for mercy, and running it through his skull in up to the hilt. Then, after the gasps and shouts of horror and disbelief, much to the hilarity of the others, she ran up to Lord Krish and whined in true pitiful vermin fashion. "Looorrrrrd, the big bully stole my favorite sword!" Corsebeast roared in anger and drew his sabre. Aarow jumped to the fallen fox and retrieved the sword from the pierced, bloody head. Then, with a magnificant jump-and-slash movement, she slew the large stoat before he had a chance to get to her "master". Then, picking up the sabre, she inspected in, then thrust it into her belt with the others. Wiping her blade clean on the the carcass of the dead chieften, she awaited the command of Krish, and when so, had an arrow cockedon her bow, aimed, and ready before anybeast had a chance to draw steel. Krish walked around with his sword out. "Move!" he commanded. Any beast too weak, small, or defiant was cut down. With more arrows pointed at them then they cared to count, they marched slowly into the slave compound. Aarow mildly suggested the next night that since he had new, strong slaves to let the weak, old ones go. He was under the influence of wine, and was happy with his new stock, so, he agreed. "I’ll take good care of em. I’ll take em down to the cliff an set em free. Free as birds." He sleepily agreed. She made sure he was fast asleep before going to the slaves. She selected the oldest and weakest, then decided to take the full score of woodland slaves. She helped them all along on a dusty dirt path.
Minkah was going to the kitchens for a night snack when she heard a pounding and muted shouting at the front door. She walked down and bade Taildipp, the otter gate keeper, open the door. When the gates were open Minkah let out a gasp and Taildipp scrached his head and said "Well rap me rudder ‘n sink me ship, what a bunch." In front of them stood a score of starved, half-dead, tired woodland huddle of creatures. Minkah directed them to the Great Hall, while Taildipp ran to awake Abbess Losoil, the first mole Abbess, the Abbey Warrior Aadam , the Friar Bobbtail, a hare, the Cook, by the name of Lily, charming young mouse, and eventually, the whole of the Abbey of Redwall. Lily and her helpers cooked up a large meal from last nights festivities, plus a little more. The healthiest of the slaves ate like wolves, then played around with the Dibbuns, Redwall’ little ones, then went to bed. Most though, went straight to bed after a quickly inhaled meal.
The next morning the sun shone down on the scarred creatures formerly of Fort Bloodtalon. They dangled weary footpaws in the cool waters of the Abbey Lake. Old friends were reunited, new friends were made, stories were shared, and happiness reined throughout Redwall Abbey, a place of peace.

More later, and watch for a new post of mine soon,
Talon Baowolf

Talon Baowolf
September 2nd, 2003, 08:43 AM
I'm woking on more, but school starts tommorow! I wont have much time.