PDA

View Full Version : Servone: Published author!

PiarasJ
September 4th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Anyone who gets their own book published (Or even has a good chance of it) definately deserves a thread started in their honour. So this is an "I'm stoked for ya thread" because it looks even better when somebody else starts a thread about it. ;)

Darkhood_343
September 4th, 2003, 03:59 PM
I seriously think that Martin will be deleting this thread. But if not... Congrats, Servone!

PiarasJ
September 6th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Yeah I don't like you either. ;)

Darkhood_343
September 6th, 2003, 02:34 PM
What do you mean, Piaras?

Furrtil
September 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Ehhh..... I'm not quite sure what stoked means, but I'm guessing it's good!

Congrats, Servone! I too, think this is absolutely spiffin', that I do. You inspire me to actually finish my poem.... Don't know if I actually will. ;)

I used to talk to this Redwall guy on the internet, and he said that he was going to write a book, and it was going to be published. Ironically, he was a fox too. Irony.... what a word. :P

Lord Servone
September 6th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Thank you everyone (in both threads ;))

Okay...you can now pre-order the book through my website! If you pre-order it, you'll save a whole dollar! 8o! Anyway, as I said the books kinda expensive (indy publisher and all). But, isn't it worth it to xP?

Plus, there's going to be a contest soon...the prize? A free autographed copy of "Ivan"! In the words of Keanu Reeves..."woah." Check out the Fox Den for more info.

granola woodsworth
September 6th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Yay! Go Servone! Hmm... "Ivan" looks cool.

PiarasJ
September 7th, 2003, 04:39 AM
What do you mean, Piaras?

Just acting offended that you mentioned that this thread might be deleted, yes, I do have a strange sense of humour sometimes- just ignore it. ;)

Furrtil, are you thinking of publishing a poem? Is there anyone else getting published or hoping to?

Yes, stoked is good. ;)

Slagar the Cruel
September 7th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Whoah, 25 dollars? You weren't kidding about it being kinda expensive. :eek: I still plan to buy it, though I'll need to s????e up the cash.

Say, is it hardback or paperback? Because for hardback, I guess that's really not that unreasonable.

Nora the Rover
September 7th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Er... I've been working on a non-Redwall novel for a while. It's not quite finished yet, but I've got most of the plot worked out.
It's called Ragnarok, based on Norse mythology and culture. I'm really obsessed with archaeological stuff, so I've studied alot about the ancient cultures of the world, (Mostly Europe, however...)
I don't think I have much of a chance to publish it, though, I'm only fifteen, I've been rejected by most editors and publishers, and I'm worried that the story won't sound authentic or close enough to the ancient Norse culture.

I think it's awesome that Servone is lucky enough to get a book published. I'd definetely buy it.

PiarasJ
September 8th, 2003, 03:33 AM
That sounds like a really good idea to me, to write an authentic novel like that Nora, it doesn't have to be obsessively authentic, but it sounds like you're getting close. (I mean that in a good way) I've been looking for *ages* for a historical novel based on real culture, as opposed to stories with flying guinea pigs that shoot laser bolts from their eyes. Stephen Lawheads books are brilliant in that way, but his are the only ones I've been able to find. I like the sound of a book based on Norse mythology and culture, keep plugging away at it, you're definately off to a good start if you've already been approaching publishers when you're only fifteen!