PDA

View Full Version : Redwall character's journals

rowanoak
September 7th, 2003, 11:10 AM
What "Redwall" characters' journal do you think would be an interesting read?

Keyla
September 7th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Gruven. I'd like to hear the whiner's side of the story and how he would try to bill things to be going his way with him in control. It would amuse me greatly.

VanessaNB
September 7th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Gruven's a good one. Any bad guy who had a large part in the story would have an interesting point of view, since we all know what the goodbeasts think.
*Thinks of Gabool writing in his diary* Bwahahahahaha...

rowanoak
September 23rd, 2003, 09:06 AM
If I remember the Redwall Encycopedia Gruven is in "the Bellmaker" right? Correct me if I am wrong, I have not read that book. For bad guys, I think Vitch's journal might be interesting, though I think I have an idea of what his side of the story would be like. For the good guy I would say both Rose and Methuselah's journal I would be interested, both set when each was younger; before the events of the book each character was in. Rose's because I am interested in how it would be like to grow up in the Noonvale society, and how she turned out the way she did, considering the way she was raised. Methuselah's because I am interested how he was like when he was younger, and how he developed his interest and skills in writing and history, as seel as his interest in Martin's story.

Keyla
September 23rd, 2003, 10:55 AM
I agree Rose would be interesting to see growing up as she is so different from her rebellious brother. Maybe they were treated differently, or perhaps gender made them react differently to their upbringing. It's an interesting question.
In regards to Gruven, he's in "(The) Taggerung", though there might possibly be one in "The Bellmaker", though I don't remember one.