PDA

View Full Version : BEEEEEEeEeEeeeeEeeeeeeee..e.e...ep*

PiarasJ
September 15th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Did you like the subject? That's the sound of a car disappearing into the distance while honking the horn.

I got my P plates last week- SO stoked, L plates are a pain in the windscreen. Caleyin, when are you going for your test? Getting pumped? Excited?? Warning the neighbours???

I've bought half of my sisters car off her, (The front half, I still need the back wheels and boot) so now all I need is a job to run the blasted thing. Did you know it costs $30 petrol just to get to West Head?? Arghh!

Shrubium(III)
September 16th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Congrats!!

How far is it to West Head?

(don't forget that dopler affect)

Cale Yin
September 16th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Caleyin, when are you going for your test? Getting pumped? Excited?? Warning the neighbours???

Pphhhbbbt. I am still learning how to drive. (I am in driver's ed. so that helps.)
Pumped? No. I hate driving. I hate cars. I'd rather walk, if it wasn't so far and I wasn't so lazy. Cars completely freak me out. I've been in 2 wrecks, one recently, and the other a few years ago, so it's not that hard to imagine me having some fears and hangups about cars and driving. Just the simple action of turning makes me nervous. If there are other cars around me while I'm turning, I half-panic. I'm not a good driver. I've had my permit for a year and 2 months now, and I still can't turn smoothly. I'm a mess.
I'll go for my test sometime before Christmas. Hopefully I'll get my license before Christmas.

Gas is $1.40 to $1.75/gal here, right now. $30?? woweeee.
P plates? L plates? :confused:
Does that mean you're getting your license, or your license plate? :p

PiarasJ
September 16th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Pumped? No. I hate driving. I hate cars. I'd rather walk

I fully agree, I can't understand what makes people go "Phoar, isn't it beautiful" when they see a flashy car go past, they're ugly, boring and commonplace. But it is pretty nice to be able to go to the beach whenever I want now, so thats what I'm so happy about. :)

L= learner and P= Provisional, you get your learner license by taking a touch screen test, and then you have that for a year. While you're on your L plates you have to have a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat, but then after a year of that you can take your P's test- which is a proper driving test- and then you can drive by yourself.

Petrol here is about $1/Litre, sorry, I can't do the maths there to change it to gallons. :confused: West head is a 45 min drive to the beach from our house, but Mum said today that it's not actually $30, it's a bit cheaper, so I'm not so worried now. :P

(don't forget that dopler affect)

haha, Dad was explaining that to me at the dinner table with a mouthful of water and an empty bottle. Mum wasn't too pleased. :P

Shrubium(III)
September 17th, 2003, 10:43 AM
I will never understand people who don't like driving. Deloreans are /the/ sweetest cars on the planet and I will druel if one goes by. Similar efftects may be witnessed when I pass a Tiberon, a Hummer or a Lamboghini. :P~
Piras: $1/litre, ow. we've been as high as $0.79/litre but that's on a bad day. I payed 63.9cents/litre last time I filled up in Fort Mcleod, I figured that was half decent.
Depending on whether you're taking the van, the Grand Am, or the Elentra it costs me from $25-40 to get to Lethbrige.. which is where I constantly want to be. unfortunately since it's a 2.5 hour drive I can't quite go whenever I want to. :(
BTW Piras, what kind of car will you be driving?

Cale Yin
September 17th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Hummers are disgusting. Although the black ones with silver accents remind me of a guy in a suit.

"Phoar, isn't it beautiful"

LMREO!!!! :lol: PHOAR?!?!? LOL!!!! :D

I agree. The one car I tolerate is the Honda Civic 2001 or 2002. All colors look awesome on that car. I dunno what it is, the paint must be special or something. My mom has a 2001.

We have that L and P thing, except there's one more step where I live.
Permit=Learner
Restricted=Can only drive during daylight hours
Full license (regular Driver's License)=Provisional

PiarasJ
September 19th, 2003, 03:32 AM
Yep Ow alright...but your dollar is worth twice as much as ours, so I dunno, that would change it, but I have no idea the maths that goes into it all, maybe its equivalent, go ask someone else. :P
It's actually around 85-99c a litre, but it was up to a dollar for a while, and heck, 99c is pretty close. ;)

I drive an '87 carolla, sedan, cream, roofracks that go *hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm* when you hit 70... One day I'll own some silent roofracks. ;)

Your system is pretty close to ours actually,
Learner= Need a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat, but everything else is normal
Provisional= Pretty much the same as fully licensed, except you can't go over 80km, and you're not allowed any alchohol in your blood. I'm not sure if you can tow a boat, but I've gotta check that...I'll be spewing if you can't. ;)
Fully licensed= fully licensed.

There are some cars that are bordering on nice looking, I like the new Holden monaro, the new Holdens are all pretty nice actually. They'll never compare to a boat though...*sigh*