PDA

View Full Version : Redwall In Polish

Tazzin
September 23rd, 2003, 05:05 PM
Hello, I thought this might be interesing. This year when I was vacationing in Poland I found Redwall at a book store. The title "Bitwa O Redwall" Actually means Battle For Redwall, instead of just plain Redwall... well anyway, here is a pic:
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/zelestaya/redwall_cover.gif

VanessaNB
September 23rd, 2003, 06:24 PM
Funny, in the UK version, it's more...purple. Crazy foreign book covers. Got any more?

Tazzin
September 23rd, 2003, 08:29 PM
Well unless you want to see the inside...not really. Its completely different than the American version, the variation in color may have to do with my scanner.....*grins*

I think this was the first translated version, I haven't read to much due to the fact that it's harder for me to read in Polish and I don't have alot of time with school and whatnot....

Keyla
September 24th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Looks cool with red. Reading books in foreign languages is fun. It also makes good revision if you are taking an exam in the language, I find. It's interesting they use the same picture for the cover.

rowanoak
September 30th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Pretty good cover for the book. What I wonder about the non-English books is if character's names are printed as is, or if the equivalent name (if there is one) for the language is used instead.

Tazzin
September 30th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah the names do change, Mattias for instance is Macej i think, but as far as i could see the "i am that is" sort of didn't work all the way..... but i could be wrong....

Glenner
September 30th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Cool. I like the red, too. I've always wanted to read a book in another language. Anyone know if Redwall has been published in Spanish?