PDA

View Full Version : Real Hope for British fans in regards to "Loamhedge".

Keyla
September 27th, 2003, 10:28 AM
"Loamhedge" is now available at the "La Dita" bookshop over at www.redwall.org (http://www.redwall.org). So? So, this means that us Brits can buy it. Well, there seems to be nothing blocking this from what I have read. I am very excited about this. Plus, it says that all books are British editions, which could explain the release of the British cover so early before the February release. Whether or not it is the British edition, this is fantastic news. All copies are signed by Brian himself.

Edit: Correction(sp?): It is the USA edition, which is fine by me, though I may still buy the British edition, perhaps when it's in paperback. I also noted that one can get the USA edition of Urso Brunov.
There are various methods of paying. Could someone offer me a little help? What is International Money Order?

Martin the Warrior
September 28th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Yep, importing is always a valid option-- if not through La Dita then through Amazon.com or another bookseller. I did it often when the UK release was seven months prior to the US release.

An International Money Order is a money order that is drawn up in a denomination that is different than your native currency and is good outside of the country. For instance, US citizens could get a money order payable in Pounds-Sterling or Euros and vice versa.

International Money Orders are generally issued by banks alone-- postal money orders are usually domestic-only-- and there is a service fee attached (about $10-15 in the US, not sure what it would be in the UK). Some banks may also need a few extra days to process the request. But, once you get it, you're good to go-- it works just like a cheque.

LadyBeelze
September 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM
*groan* If i'd looked at this earlier, i wouldn't of spent 75 dollars. I want to read loamhedge :D