PDA

View Full Version : Dibbun Role in The "Redwall Series"

Gonff
October 6th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I think Dibbuns play an important role in the series.

My favorite Dibbun is probably Sloey the mousebabe, who turns into the infemary Sister.

-Gonff

Gonff
October 7th, 2003, 02:55 PM
Never mind. Sorry.

My real favorite dibbuns are Ferdy and Coggs.

Rillflag27
October 7th, 2003, 03:00 PM
Was it Rollo that went with Thrugg to get the flowers of Icetor? anyway I think it was Rollo, so my fav is Rollo

Senav
October 7th, 2003, 05:32 PM
That was Dumble. Rollo is in Mattimeo.

Ooh, did you know that Rollo was the name of some kind of norse ruler?

Slagar the Cruel
October 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM
I've always been partial to Dumble, myself. I loved his journey with Thrugg.

Ooh, did you know that Rollo was the name of some kind of norse ruler?
Aha! Finally, the forum Rollo's true identity is uncovered. ;)

Senav
October 8th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Amusing...I always associated Rollo with a cute 'ittle bankvole. Hard to believe that centuries ago people may have trembled at that name:p

Pennybright
October 8th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Yeah, dibbuns seam to accidentaly discover many things, like Brockhall in Triss, and the trail of ants in Mattimeo. I also liked Dumble. He was funny in some parts, too.

Gonff
October 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM
In Marlfox, Dwropple is the best. I loved how he'd shoot everyone with his mini sling shot.:lol:

-Gonff

Rillflag27
October 9th, 2003, 03:12 PM
it was Dumble so I change to Dumble :D

Keyla
October 10th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Fans are a rather controversial aspect of the series, so far as fans go. Many love them while others dispise them. What I think often works well with them is fact that though they are small and weak they often do significant things. It's one of the themes of the series in general really.
They also make nice symbols of the innoscence of the abbey itself and the general mood of the place. This makes dibbun/evil clashes more powerful.

Slagar the Cruel
October 10th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Fans are a rather controversial aspect of the series, so far as fans go. Many love them while others dispise them. What I think often works well with them is fact that though they are small and weak they often do significant things. It's one of the themes of the series in general really.
Yeah, us Redwall fans really are controversial, as far as we go... but that's still no reason to call us small and weak! :( (I'm only kidding, of course. ;))

Keyla
October 10th, 2003, 04:15 PM
I really should proof read my posts. Of course I meant "Dibbuns are a rather controversial aspect of the series". *Buries head in shame*

Nora the Rover
October 10th, 2003, 05:57 PM
My favourite Dibbuns would probably have to be Bagg, Runn, and Grubb from Mariel of Redwall. The first time I read it, I thought it was hilarious when they chopped all the cords to the grappling hooks on the east wall.
I think the Dibbuns add alot of character to the stories, they provide plenty of comic relief, they notice things that older characters don't, and you can't help liking little fuzzy creatures.

Gonff
October 12th, 2003, 04:31 PM
That was funny. But what about when Dwopple dressed up as a "Marmflox":lol:

-Gonff