PDA

View Full Version : Haha, someone even more brash and presumtuous than me!

Boar the Fighter
October 7th, 2003, 08:27 PM
The subject title may be hard for some of you to believe, but yes, there actually is someone more brash and presumtuous than me. He's also meaner, more prone to swear words, older, and the maintainer of a website...go to [deleted] if you don't believe me. He really IS more brash and presumtuous than me. Really! Why're you laughing??!!

Edited by Martin the Warrior

Baby Rollo
October 7th, 2003, 08:49 PM
If this is some sort of last minute stunt before you leave or get banned, then it is pretty lame.
Seriously, doing this sort of stuff won't help you.

Boar the Fighter
October 7th, 2003, 08:50 PM
??
That's just about all I have to say on the subject.

Boar the Fighter
October 7th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Have you ever even been there? It's kind of shocking, really.

[deleted]

Edited by Martin the Warrior

Martin the Warrior
October 7th, 2003, 09:16 PM
From The Long Patrol Forums Terms of Use
http://forums.longpatrolclub.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=4#ads

Advertising / Posting URL's
Exchange of information on The Long Patrol Forums should be limited to that of a Redwall nature, unless otherwise indicated. Commercial advertising or solicitations, either through personal promotion, or by posting internet addresses by Universal Resource Locators (URLs), is strictly prohibited._

The one exception to this rule is limited to the exchange of Redwall-related content. That is, a site dedicated to Redwall or containing substantial Redwall-related content. All linked contents are subject to review by forum moderators authorized to make decisions regarding suitable content. Any content judged inappropriate to this singular stipulation is subject to immediate removal.

You just wasted your last chance, Boar. Goodbye.

Rillflag27
October 8th, 2003, 10:28 AM
If he wanted to get back in couldnt he just create a new name? Or do you have this block thing for their IP adress?

Baby Rollo
October 8th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Good-bye and good riddance Boar. I tried to warn you

And I can't believe what you just said to me. I mean, that was so uncalled for.

Gonff
October 8th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Rollo- Where did you find your picture?

-Gonff:confused:

Slagar the Cruel
October 8th, 2003, 02:55 PM
I'm curious of what he posted that got him banned... but I know that it's really none of my concern. It's just that... well, maybe I was deluded, but I expected Boar to be above posting something bad to "get back at us" for "accusing" him... :rolleyes:

If he wanted to get back in couldnt he just create a new name? Or do you have this block thing for their IP adress?
Yeah, vBulletin forums allow for IP bans, sooo... we probably won't be seeing Boar around here again.

Rollo- Where did you find your picture?
If I remember correctly, he got it from this site (http://redwall.tv).

Baby Rollo
October 8th, 2003, 03:06 PM
I'd be carefull with your next post if I were you Slagar. Though it will kinda be in the Halloween Spirit

(Look at the post count)

Slagar the Cruel
October 8th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Yikes! :eek: You're right!

*posts to break post count of the beast*

Whew, that was a close one. Thanks for pointing it out in time, Rollo. ;)

Rillflag27
October 8th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Boar the Fighter
??
That's just about all I have to say on the subject.

Jon wanted me to tell you that what he meant when he put the "??" on there. He meant it as he was confused not any swearwords or anything.

Mackinsie
October 8th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Rillflag...
I am going to leave your post up, because I believe you made it innocently and were just trying to clarify something. However, Boar has been banned from the forum. That means that he cannot post on the boards in any way, shape or form. This includes posting through a third-party (i.e., you). Please do not post any more messages from Boar. Thank you. :)

Rillflag27
October 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM
ahhhhhh, somehow I had an idea I shouldnt be doing this ;) but I figured since it was clarifying something that he didnt have a chance to fix be cause Rollo said
I cant believe you called me that I was just helping him fix something he didnt mean and didnt have a chance to fix. I wont do it again I promise and you can write it down :D .

Matthias of Redwall
October 9th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Rillflag27
ahhhhhh, somehow I had an idea I shouldnt be doing this ;) but I figured since it was clarifying something that he didnt have a chance to fix be cause Rollo said I was just helping him fix something he didnt mean and didnt have a chance to fix. I wont do it again I promise and you can write it down :D .

But see here Rilf, the thing is Boar got banned and you don't want to end up like him! Oh, no of course you don't!

Martin, I was very unclear about the URL part, can you tell me some more about it? In english...;)

Rillflag27
October 9th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthias of Redwall
But see here Rilf, the thing is Boar got banned and you don't want to end up like him! Oh, no of course you don't!

Matthias I'm not stupid, how would you like it if everybody thought you said something bad but meant it as something differently and you didnt have a chance to fix it? If I get banned for a good reason then so be it

Originally posted by Matthias of Redwall
Martin, I was very unclear about the URL part, can you tell me some more about it? In english...;)

Me too I didnt really understand that...we can post in the "And the best Website is.." thread but we can't do it in General Discussion? Why is that?

Keyla
October 10th, 2003, 11:25 AM
The site being linked to would appear to have had no content at all related to Redwall. If I'm reading this correctly the rules stipulate that one may only link to a page that has some relevance to Redwall. In addition, from what Boar said it would appear that the page contained swearing. As one is not allowed to swear here linking to a page that contains swearing is clearly not allowed too, especially if one of the reasons for linking is those very words.
That's my interpretation.
I think it's a shame Boar has been made to leave. However, I think it was the right decision on the part of Martin, and even if it wasn't he has the right to decide who stays and who goes. It's just a shame things have to turn out this way.

Rillflag27
October 10th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Keyla
The site being linked to would appear to have had no content at all related to Redwall. If I'm reading this correctly the rules stipulate that one may only link to a page that has some relevance to Redwall. In addition, from what Boar said it would appear that the page contained swearing. As one is not allowed to swear here linking to a page that contains swearing is clearly not allowed too, especially if one of the reasons for linking is those very words.

Yes but we post links other than redwall in "And the best website is.." forum. Is it just a rule for non redwall stuff in the General Discussion?

Matthias of Redwall
October 10th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Hmm, does this mean, even you recommend a site, ie: where is something, is that not ok?

Martin the Warrior
October 10th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Keyla's correct in his interpretation. Generally speaking, we'd prefer to have only Redwall-related links. However, we're not going to count posting non-Redwall links as a strike against posters.

What this particular instance boiled down to was content: the site Boar linked was grossly inappropriate and had no business being posted here. Had this been accidental on his part, perhaps things would have wound up differently, but he went so far as to state he was linking it because it contained inappropriate content. Compound that with the fact that it was within 24 hours of my telling him he had one chance left and that was it.

This isn't a subject that needs to be picked apart any more than that.

Darkhood_343
October 11th, 2003, 04:24 PM
And to think, if I had just looked at this thread, I'd know why Boar wasn't posting anymore. Stupid Darkhood...