PDA

View Full Version : Loamhedge Extract

Keyla
October 18th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Any of us that haven't got "Loamhedge" yet can read the first chapter by following this link:
Extract (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=6YC3QZUL5C&ean=9780399237249&displayonly=CHP#CHP)
It looks good, very good.

LordTBT
October 18th, 2003, 08:27 PM
thanks

Senav
October 19th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Starfished, heh. I checked the nearest bookstore, I must be one of the *lucky* ones who have to wait, because I don't think Redwall books sell that fast.
Chapters will be checked out tomorrow.

Airemia
October 19th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Vanessa, if you're really desperate you could try ordering it up from the states. I'm reading my American version right now, and it's not different at all, they even kept in the right spellings.

LordTBT
October 19th, 2003, 02:52 PM
what the heck does that mean 'the right spellings'? american spellings are more right than some pikey spelling. :p

Keyla
October 19th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Considering that the language was formed here and that you only have a poor copied version ;) I'd say the English version is the right one. The American ones are often where they couldn't be bothered to learn that it is irregular. It's just lazyness, if you ask me?;)

LordTBT
October 19th, 2003, 11:09 PM
keep talkin. your using the internet which was invented in the usa.

Senav
October 20th, 2003, 06:53 PM
I get the American version...moof. Anywho, a bookstore in a different place has an order coming in later this month, and they'll have one on hold for ME. *feels appreciated*
I just realized how late in the month it is. The 20th...

The Red Badger
October 21st, 2003, 12:37 AM
Let's not argue over who spelled what. Ignore the internet remark and we'll get back on-topic! :cool:

Loamhedge extract. Coolness. Got the real deal right in front of me, yes sir. :redsy

Red Draco
October 22nd, 2003, 08:53 AM
Are UK versions of the Redwall books being sold in Canada anymore? We had the American version of "Triss" and it seems like we have the American "Loamhedge" too.

Not that I mind, as long as we keep getting the UK versions of the Harry Potter books. ;)

Senav
October 24th, 2003, 05:45 PM
In all the stores I've been to, everything up until Triss was UK. I've seen the US softback of Triss...I still lub my old UK ones with the little windows on the spine and purty gold stuff.
Oh, and I get my copy of Loamhedge on All Hallows Eve:D