PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

Nora the Rover
October 30th, 2003, 04:58 PM
It's been getting quite cold and rainy where I live, but I didn't expect it to snow! It's been snowing since the early morning, and so far it's piled up to about seven or eight inches. It's snowing right now as I write, actually.
I feel somewhat sorry for all those poor little trick-or-treaters...

Shrubium(III)
October 31st, 2003, 02:17 AM
It started raining early Monday. It kept raining through most of tuesday, but as it got dark the rain turned to hail and then into snow. It snowed all night tuesday, most of wednesday and now we have an average of I'd say about a foot and a half with drifts reaching up to 3-4 feet. My old school has had 2 snow days in a row now and they are extremely picky about thoes.
It's cold, it's white and I love it!

LadyBeelze
October 31st, 2003, 07:30 AM
If you count the inch we got here last night, yeah it snowed here. I want snow ..lots of it ;_;

Rillflag27
October 31st, 2003, 12:01 PM
curses!!! I hate you all!! j/k we never get snow here in Tucson..well one year we got about 1/ of an inch but it melted in 15 minutes. oh well I'll just sit around playing video games again.

Lyrian Aryns
October 31st, 2003, 05:19 PM
It's cold enough to snow here, but do we get any? *grumble* We never get snow, just tons of wind. And, occasionally, rain that has time to evaporate before it can freeze overnight on the road.

Madd The Sane
November 1st, 2003, 02:04 PM
yeah, it's snowing over here too. It snowed a lot overnight, but later today it all melted. *sighs* Why can't it just stay on the ground for a while?

Nora the Rover
November 1st, 2003, 02:09 PM
It's been snowing for about three days now!
I thought it was rather unusual; during the summer and early fall, we didn't get any rain whatsoever, and alot of wildfires were springing up everywhere because of the drought. Now, there's about a foot of snow in my backyard, and it's freezing outside. It's really weird weather...

Senav
November 1st, 2003, 05:13 PM
Poor us. No snow. We got a bunch of rain though. But that sucks, because it's rain.
I like snow, can't ya tell?

Shrubium(III)
November 4th, 2003, 12:38 PM
And because I got myself a cute digital cam the other day:
http://pikkle.dhs.org/amy/snow.jpg

t@gg :)
November 4th, 2003, 01:53 PM
i live in nova scotia(canada) and we still don't have snow.

Senav
November 4th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Yay, another Nova Scotian!
Last year we got a ton of snow in my area. I hope we get as much this year, nay, even more!

Who else just goes nuts and sugar high-ish on the first snowfall, even if it melts after 10 minutes? I dooo...

t@gg :)
November 4th, 2003, 04:33 PM
are you from nova scotia to? what part?

Foremole
November 4th, 2003, 04:34 PM
It never snows in florida *sigh*, the last time I saw snow was when I went to alaska in the summer.

Senav
November 4th, 2003, 04:36 PM
We're on at the same time. Whodathunk.
I'm from the South Shore. Our school's *new* mascot is the Mold Monster. There ya go, dig y'self in deeper ;)

LadyBeelze
November 4th, 2003, 05:05 PM
A couple more snowstorms where i live but not a single inch of snow to show. I want snow ;_;
Send some snow here! *whimper* Please

Furrtil
November 5th, 2003, 09:00 PM
No snow yet.... It was 74 degrees a week ago!

This is New England for goodness sake! Where is the snow?

Senav
November 6th, 2003, 04:47 PM
No snow. We did have a thunderstorm last night, which is a little strange considering we didn't have ANY all summer. It were a big one too.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else ever experienced, like a...smell before a snowstorm, or cold weather. It reminds me of the smell of shake'n'bake chicken, or any cooking chicken, and it happens right before we get winter weather. I smelled it today...