PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Be Any Character...

Airemia
November 5th, 2002, 09:04 PM
If you could be any character from any of the Redwall books, who would you be and why?

As for me... I'm not sure. ;) I probably have to most in common with... Hmm... Dotti! Because she's horrible at singing and so am I. :rolleyes: I'll come up with something, just give me a minute. In the mean time, I want to hear your responses. :cool:

dandin1
November 6th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Who would I be? hmmm... hard question, There's so much characters on Redwall that it's hard to chose.... I'd need to reread all the books! I'll have to think of that while i (cant) sleep..

Goozy
November 6th, 2002, 08:56 AM
I think if I had to be any characer in the Redwall novels... it would have to be Mask... possibly even Skipper. Anyone of the otters, now that I think about it. I enjoy them for their nature.. and just in general attitudes.

I wish there was more of the foxes... grr! Even more with the monitor lizards.

Lyrian Aryns
November 6th, 2002, 06:25 PM
I've always rather liked the 'disguise' beasts, Mask and Midge... I just think it would be cool to do that... Hrm. I'm also thinking of Russa here...

Of course, the character I would be is quite different form the ones I'd like to be... immediately coming to mind is Kurda, from Triss... Yes. That isn't considered a spoiler, is it?

Cale Yin
November 6th, 2002, 06:32 PM
Someone should make a huge quiz to see what Redwall character you would be... And, like, use Snowfur's list... Yah man...

dandin1
November 6th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Ugg.. i hate those "What are you" personnality test... :rolleyes:
And if you had evrey single character, you'd have about a thousand questions!!

Cale Yin
November 6th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Well, just the more important characters. Not, like the beaver in Redwall, or maybe we should include him because he's unique... But species make a difference too. Lotsa stuff. I dunno. It would take forever and ever and ever, yes, but it would be cool.

MoonShadow
November 6th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Not, like the beaver in Redwall, or maybe we should include him because he's unique...

Question #1502356
Do you think yourself as an unique individual?

o Yes
o No
o Not Sure

(Ten thousand questions laters....)
You are the solitary beaver from Redwall.
Congratulations! Nobody knows who you are! At least you know that you contributed to the defeat of Cluny by jumping onto the see-saw thingy with Winnifred the otter, and that you are the one and only representative of your species in the whole Redwall series!
-----
On to some more serious and on-topic things, I would like to be Russa Nodrey (when Lyrian mentioned her, I remembered that she was sort of the model for what the character "MoonShadow"...). Anyway, Russa was a character that I really liked for many many reasons.

A not-a-squirrel character that I'd want to be is... Churk! I don't know why, but since I'm as smart as her... ;)

It'd be cool to be a dibbun, because they were just so... naughty and mischiveous... and they have lots of fun making a mess of the place!

LadyBeelze
November 6th, 2002, 08:12 PM
i already know i would be an otter :-D

but sometimes i wish to be a fox or a badger or ....(it varies daily)

Darkhood_343
November 6th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Hmmm...who to choose,who to choose. I think I'll go with Brocktree,Sunflash or Swartt. Yeah that's it, Swartt.

Lord Servone
November 6th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Preferably a character who doesn't die a terrible, terrible death :\...

Cant' really think of one right now...I'll come up with one and when I do, I'll post it... hmm..this is gonna take some thought....serious thinking.

Cornflower
November 7th, 2002, 12:26 AM
I would be Basil Stag Hare, because he can be serious or funny. I'm like him alot.;)

Treerose
November 7th, 2002, 12:02 PM
I wish there was more of the foxes... grr! Even more with the monitor lizards.

:: pictures Goo as a monitor lizard::......::flees:: :p

I don't know who'd I want to be... somebeast like Lady Amber would be fun. It'd also be great to be a bird, too, so I could fly. Like a robin or swallow. A 'perilous hare' would be fun, an otter would be fun, a mouse would be fun... ::stops herself:: Eh... you get the idea. ;)

Tree

~~~~

"At a recording session of the Philharmonia Orchestra, the violas, not being required for a particular section, retired to another part of the studio. In due course, [Otto] Klemperer called out: 'Violas, please!' They did not hear him. Then, imperiously, 'Come back, violas!' No response. At last he pleaded, 'Come back, violas. All is forgiven.'"

~anecdote from The Wit of Music~

Slagar the Cruel
November 7th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I'd like to be a hare... or a mole... or a hedgehog... or a bird of some kind... well, the species isn't important. ;) I'd just want to live in Redwall, preferably at a time of peace... and maybe go journeying at some point, to Salamandastron... or Southsward... or to the Northlands... or to the Big Inland Lake... or Sampetra... come to think of it, I'd be a nomad. ;)

Airemia
November 7th, 2002, 11:17 PM
Ohh, I know who I'd be now! Churk! My favourite character from Triss! Thanks too whoever said that... Moonshadow? Was it you?

Cale Yin
November 8th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Yeah, it was her.

I haven't replied to this thread yet because I have no idea who I would be. Can anyone think of a character for me? :p

Badrang
November 10th, 2002, 10:27 AM
I AM a character. Sorta...

Treerose
November 10th, 2002, 05:45 PM
I haven't replied to this thread yet because I have no idea who I would be. Can anyone think of a character for me?

Well, you like cats, so there's Lady Sandingomm... ;)

Tree

~~~~

"Inspiration is wonderful when it happens, but the writer must develop an approach for the rest of the time... The wait is simply too long."

~Leonard Bernstein~

VanessaNB
November 10th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Probably a hare or something, because I value my mealtimes. Maybe a squirrel. Or a rat. *goes on and on*

I actually took a Redwall test, one for what character you are, and one for species. I keep getting different answers:D I also took a sterotype test. I'm a Shady Stranger.

MoonShadow
November 11th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Well... Airemia also mentioned Churk. :)

I was watching the squirrels in my backyard this morning and I so wanted to have a bushy tail and climb up and down trees instead of studying. *sigh* Now you know that I can get weird sometimes....

I never had a real yearning to fly though... even though it would be fun.

Cornflower
November 12th, 2002, 12:32 AM
Well, according to several species tests, I'm a squirharouse (Squirrel, Hare, Mouse). So I guess I'll never know what species I really am for sure. :( Oh, I WAS Basil Stag Hare in a character test. :cornflow:

Darkhood_343
December 7th, 2002, 02:39 AM
I actually be Brocktree or myself.

LadyBeelze
December 7th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I don't know actually what character i would be in the book...theres to many of'em!

Glenner
December 7th, 2002, 11:59 AM
I guess I'd either like to be Lady Amber (Mossflower) or Glenner (POL)
Just because Lady Amber and the book Mossflower rocks, and because I like Glenner for some wierd reason.

LadyBeelze
December 7th, 2002, 12:27 PM
If i was a otter from the books i'd be Grath from the pearls of lutra

MoonShadow
December 7th, 2002, 05:07 PM
I'll take a character from each book that I can find a character that I'd like to be:

Redwall - the solitary beaver (no, I'm serious)
Mossflower - Lady Amber. ^.^
Long Patrol - Russa Nodrey
Taggerung - Cracklyn (Don't like her name, but oh well)
Lord Brocktree - some squirrel from the Jukka tribe
Martin the Warrior - that owl who maps (forgot her name)

Pennybright
December 9th, 2002, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't be a main character...
I would probably be Lady Amber (from Mossflower)
Tullgrew from (Martin the Warrior)
Iris (from the Belmaker)
Craklyn (from the POL)
Captin Twalblade (did i spell that right... from TLP
or Churk (from Triss).
Can't forget Pennybright (from Salamandastron)!

All except for one are squirrels or otters.
It would be real hard to pick just one character from the
entire seris. I could go on forever about the characters!

LadyBeelze
December 10th, 2002, 07:24 PM
The Long Patrol: Twayblade or Lady Cregga Rose Eyes

Pearls of Lutra: Grath Longfletch

Darkhood_343
December 11th, 2002, 04:19 PM
I changed my mind I'd rather be... A seal form POL.:D

MoonShadow
December 12th, 2002, 05:56 PM
And I thought their language scared you. ;)

Darkhood_343
December 12th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Well it does but... I would only be it to scare the bageezus out of Beezl.:D

Jade the Warrior
January 4th, 2003, 11:17 AM
But I want to put my two cents in and ask a question.

First of all, the question. Where did you find this "Redwall Personality Test" thingy? I'd like to give it a go...even though I'll probably end up being someone like Tsarmina or Ungatt...Thanks.

Then, there's who I would be. I'll do each character from each book I've read that I'd like to be.

Redwall- Warbeak (Spunk, Attitude, and she can fly! Rock on!)

Mossflower- Mask (It would be fun outfoxing a fox! Take that, Fortunata!)

Mattimeo- Matthias or Jess (I'd love to have a go at defeating the Wearet, but it's also fun to be a squirrel!)

Mariel of Redwall- Mariel (Again, attitude, personality...She's kinda like me!)

Salamandastron- Hon Rosie (I have a terrible laugh, too...WHAHAHA!!!)

Martin the Warrior- Rose (If I could sing like that, that is!)

The Bellmaker- Dandin (The way those two weasels were terrified of him...that was so funny!)

Legend of Luke- Ranguvar (A mad squirrel, with creepy eyes and jet black fur...Ha!)

Well, there you go.

~Jade, who thinks she put in more than two cents...

Warbeak
February 2nd, 2003, 07:25 PM
I would be most like...hmm...Roccangus

LadyBeelze
February 2nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Well it does but... I would only be it to scare the bageezus out of Beezl '

ahhhhhhhhh not the evil seal language! **shudders**

BladeLady Scourge
February 20th, 2003, 11:14 PM
my favorite species in redwall are the badgers and otters, but if i could be any character from the books i would chose mariel of redwall. she's brave and stubborn, and doesnt let anything get in the way of her dreams. Unlike some of the main heroes, she hasnt lost people really close to her...(like martin losing rose)...well, aside from thyme and clary. She still has her father and all of her Redwall friends, not to mention Dandin who i think should marry her. She always has love and company, and goes on great adventures. Despite her size, she's one of the toughest mice around. Her stubborness and ambition reminds me of me. i also like how she made her own unique weapon, by using something seemingly un weaponlike. its definately something i would of done. :slagar

Matthias of Redwall
February 21st, 2003, 08:50 AM
Well if you ask me I will say" Nothing is better than mouse:) :) http://www.alexlibris.com/ rev_home.asp

MoonShadow
February 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM
You know, a mouse's role has been declining in "importance" in the the later books (excluding the ones where Martin appears alive). Even though they're not my favorite species, I would really like to see BJ create a book with a new mouse warrior.

Matthias of Redwall
February 21st, 2003, 02:26 PM
Like I said mice are the best but I like to be hares too! I really like their funny attitude. :D :D

www.redwall.org/dave/ sitemap.html

Calantorntain
February 24th, 2003, 05:49 PM
eh, I really don't know who I would be, because I have so many different personalities! I would like to be Columbine though, because she gets to marry Gonff! *is maddly in love with Gonff*
*sigh* too bad he is not real.

Suppose I would be a hare, because I like to eat, and I generally make light of most situations. Although I am not really as jovial as most of them.

MoonShadow
February 24th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Heh, I feel like a hare sometimes, by how hungry I get sometimes, and even if I eat a lot, I'm still really hungry. ^.^*

Welcome Calantorntain!

Matthias of Redwall
February 24th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Huh.. don't know how come hares eat that much it is mention in Triss that a hare eats six meals a day! :eek:

ah...oh, welcome to Long Patrol Calantorntain :cornflow:

LadyBeelze
February 24th, 2003, 08:25 PM
welcome to the long patrol Calantorntain (wow try saying that name five times fast...**no offense**) hope you like it here :D

Calantorntain
February 25th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Calan for short.

How to pronounce Calantorntain:

Cal- as in California
an- as in Annie
torn- rhymes with thorn
tain- rhymes with stain

You can also say it backwards. Niatnrotnalac. Bit harder to say :cornflow:

Darkhood_343
February 26th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Ok... Calacantornian. :D :D :D

Calantorntain
February 26th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Drarkhoad :cornflow:

Darkhood_343
February 26th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Hey at least she didn't call me the ONE name that pushes me over the edge...

Jade the Warrior
February 27th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Heh, I've read PoL and Long Patrol since I replied last, so I'll put who I'd like to be for those and put who I'd like to be in general.

PoL - Romsca (The best female Corsair, IMHO...even if she is the only one...Not sure on that one.)

Long Patrol - Cregga Rose Eyes! (Dang, finally! A Badger Lady!)

In general, I'd like to be...Martin The Warrior of Redwall, Spirit of the Abbey, Co-founder of Redwall, etc., etc., all the other things Redwallers call him. Yes, I'd have to switch genders (Who cares?), but if I could wield a sword that well...Dang, I'd be happy! Plus, he's looked up to by all and that don't make him conceited! He's about as nice as nice can get...Unless you're vermin.

~Jade, who would've hated to be a vermin during Martin's lifetime...

Mariel StormRider
November 24th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I'd want to be Mariel (note my name) because she's just so much like me. We both have a strong personality and we're both brave and loyal. Both Mariel and myself are both a little rebellious but not a total rebel and we're both stubborn and hot tempered, and we're both rough, ambitious and fiesty.
Mariel is the first female written to play the lead in a book, and she has all the markings of a warrior. I respect her for staying a warrior instead of being a peaceful abbey beast, that was my biggest disapointment with Martin, but that's just because I'm vastly more facinated with battle than abbeylife and I tend to like a character who's goals are adventure and valar as opposed to peace and happiness, which is who Mariel is. She actually has a best friend and is not possesed by the bloodwrath to the point where it interferes with her judgement in battle. In other words, while Mariel is never afraid to fight, she realizes that it is not always the most logical solution and takes time to think things out. Mariel's strong sprit makes it so not everybeast instantly likes her and she is not really known to posses the qualities that othe female mice have. (Sweetness, beauty, gentelness, peacefulness, dislike of violence. ect.) such as Cornflower, Columbine, Bryone... and so on. Both Mariel and I are stuborn when we set goals and are not easilly dissuaded from them, and I can even predict many of Mariel's actions because of our alikeness. So, in conclusion, Mariel is the only character I'd want to be.

Goddess of Darkness
March 10th, 2004, 12:00 AM
I'm sort of a strange combination of Hon Rosie and Cluny the Scourge...all of the "Which Character are you?" quizes I've ever taken said I was most like Cluny...oh well...

Now I must go, I have someon-...er...something...to take care of...*fires up chainsaw*CEL

(((CEL=crazed evil laughter)))

Barrag Barr
September 6th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Thats a hard question mate.I'd probably be Ruggen Bor or er.....Bragoon :slagar

Felldoh
September 6th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Believe it or not... I would not want to be Felldoh, simply for the fact that he gets killed in a very not-so-fun way. I think I'd want to be Dannflor Reguba. I always thought he was pretty cool.

Cheesethief
September 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
saxtus. or dandin.

Ferahgo the Assassin
September 9th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Wow, Cheesethief, I was going to say I'd be most like Saxtus. I didn't think there were many Saxtus enthusiasts out there. :D On second thought, though, Saxtus was cool in Mariel of Redwall but he was a little too ... uh, abbot-y ... for me in The Bellmaker. I'd probably be more of an otter or hare ... dunno which.

As for vermin, I'd definitely be most like Ferahgo (hence my user name), but I would have definitely handled things a lot differently (i.e.: in a way that, you know, wouldn't have gotten me killed). :p

Sandstripe the Wild
September 9th, 2004, 10:30 PM
I would want to be either one of the great badger lords like Russano the Wise or Sagaxus or a relitively more simple character like lets say Dannflor or my personal favorite Tammo.

TwinBlade Shortsword
September 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
me hmmmm don't really know except i'd probably be like Gonff the prince of mousetheives because i sneak around the house at night to go on the computer and get something to eat and drink

Cheesethief
September 10th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Wow, Cheesethief, I was going to say I'd be most like Saxtus. I didn't think there were many Saxtus enthusiasts out there. On second thought, though, Saxtus was cool in Mariel of Redwall but he was a little too ... uh, abbot-y ... for me in The Bellmaker. yeah, right on! he was great in mariel.

Father Abbot
July 13th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I'd like to be one of the foremole's. Maybe one of the Dinny's. Foremole is usually respected by the whole Abbey for thier gentleness and simple logic. Also not many foremole's died a horrible death.

Goddess of Darkness
July 13th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Erm...this topic is almost 2 years old...please don't revive topics this old. ^^

animefreek04
July 13th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I would have to say Russano the wise(I don't want to change genders)or a marlfox preferably Silth when she was younger.If I hd to make a 3rd choice I would have to say a recorder/librarian.

Verskan
July 15th, 2006, 11:02 AM
If I had to choose...I'd be Rakkety Tam...or a hare...maybe Hon Rosie?

Ember Nickel
July 15th, 2006, 11:27 AM
As long as this was resurrected, I'd like to be either Luke or Sayna. That way I could mess up the entire timeline as we know it. And that would be cool. :cool: