PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse

Treerose
November 7th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Just a reminder about the full lunar eclipse coming Saturday night. The moon probably won't quite disappear from view, but it will turn some kind of reddish/orangish/brownish color from being in the earth's shadow... could be a nice show. ;)

As usual, all sky stuff can be found at Sky and Telescope's website, so for those interested to find out when they can see the eclipse in their area:

http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/eclipses/article_1072_1.asp

Tree

~~~~~

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

~Douglas Adams~

Mackinsie
November 7th, 2003, 12:41 PM
:D Thanks, Tree!

t@gg :)
November 7th, 2003, 01:08 PM
cool. thats also my bros birthday!

Senav
November 7th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Ooh...We had the aurora borealis last week, but nobody mentioned that. We hardly ever get it where I live.
Anywho, yetz, I'll look out for the moooon...

LadyBeelze
November 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
aight, kewl i'll look at the moon saturday

MoonShadow
November 7th, 2003, 07:04 PM
*sigh* I saw it on the news today, and of course, I'll be stuck in Tilles Center by the time the eclipse gets to its peak.... Oh well, at least I'll get to see part of it... The first eclipse that I've ever seen. :P

Slagar the Cruel
November 7th, 2003, 07:24 PM
That sounds interesting. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it.

(Interesting cooincidence... tomorrow night, a new episode of Justice League will be premiering entitled "Eclipsed". ;))

November 8th, 2003, 07:09 AM
that is strange :slagar

Senav
November 8th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Might not see it tonight. It's all clouded over...but that's okay, because we got a very few snow flurries! They died after a minute, but hey.
So yes. No eclipse for me.

LadyBeelze
November 9th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Oh my..i forgot about the eclispe so i didn't look at it ;_;

Senav
November 9th, 2003, 04:04 PM
I saw part of it. Right before and right after the moon turned red. Ain't I the luckiest?
But none of that matters because it snowed again today!

Darkhood_343
November 17th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Well, I saw it. I know it was a wee bit ago, but I was on a retreat with my church, and there was a big open field that was about half a mile wide each way at eh place we were stayin gat, and I went out in the center to look at it. With all the stars and everything, it looked awesome.

November 17th, 2003, 05:47 PM
i missed it. now i wish i would have seen it :(