Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Timeline
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeline

Dibbun

Question Timeline

What is the order of the books chronologically? I don't mean "what came out first". That is easy to figure out. I'm trying to figure out what order they happen in time. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The order thus far of the books (timeline wise) is:

Lord Brocktree

Martin The Warrior

Mossflower

The Legend of Luke

Outcast of Redwall

Mariel of Redwall

The Bellmaker

Salamandastron

Redwall

Mattimeo

The Pearls of Lutra

The Long Patrol

Marlfox

Taggerung

Triss

Loamhedge

Shameless plug: All this info was obtained from Redwall.org. It's the official Redwall site, and if you're a Redwall fan, is the first place you should go if you have the internet.
    Always,
    ~Furrtily

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
    ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dibbun
    Went there and couldn't find it there. Thanks! Also, if I read them in that order, would I still understand that books?

publisher's order is best
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller: Emeritus
    If you read them in chronological order, yes, you'd have no problem understanding the books. Likewise, you'll have no problem reading them in the order they were published. You might even prefer to do it that way - after all, that's how a lot of people have read all of them.

Myself? I read them all in chronological order until Lord Brocktree came out, and then I had no choice but to read them in the order they were published.

So it really doesn't matter either way. It all depends on personal preference, I suppose.
    <center><b>
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
    </b>
    <p>
    <a href=http://pikkle.dhs.org/amy/rcon/index.html>Please Visit Redwall Connection!</a></center>

Ummm... This info is in the "library" section, where all the info is about the books. I read them publisher's order because that way, when the timeline of the books skipped back (from Salamandastron to Legend of Luke) I felt like I was discovering something that had been hidden in the bygone mists of time. Er.....

Always,
    ~Furrtily

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
    ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dibbun

Smile The timeline

Hi! I am new, so this may have already been discussed but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to order to read the Redwall books in if I want to read them in the very correct order? Please let me know! Thankx!

Dibbun
    how come 'redwall' is so far down on the list?

because the other books take place before Redwall

glad to see you found the other thread. Read the books in the Publisher's order(the year they were published, not necessarily the order chronologically they take place.) It's the best way to go

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Thread merged with another "Timeline" thread.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    I don't like the publisher's list, but it doesn't confuse you at all. I read them in wotever order they came in at the library. But if you read Martin the Warrior before Mossflower, it kinda takes away the mystery of who Masrtin is. So I would definetly read Mossflower first. Welcome, Miss WotWot! (cool name!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chelki Sureshot
    I don't like the publisher's list, but it doesn't confuse you at all. I read them in wotever order they came in at the library. But if you read Martin the Warrior before Mossflower, it kinda takes away the mystery of who Masrtin is. So I would definetly read Mossflower first. Welcome, Miss WotWot! (cool name!)

Yell at BJ then. He wrote the books in that order.

ok, i read legend of luke first, then mattimeo.
    you can stop laughing now.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

http://www.sullivanet.com/redwall/time.htm heres a link to Snowfur's redwall encyclopedia hope it helps
    Are you frightened? Not nearly frightened enough.
    Aragorn-

gotta love that movie!!!