Thread: Newsline Updated

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar

Newsline Updated

I've just finished bringing all of the pages on The Redwall Newsline up-to-date.

If you've been following the articles as I've posted them, you're unlikely to find anything new (save a few release dates), but a refresher never hurts. Quite a bit hadn't been archived into the product-specific pages, though, which I've now taken care of. Chief among these additions has been to add a product-page for The Ribbajack, the Mossflower Collector's Edition, and The Tribes of Redwall: Shrews. I've also made note of the fact that A Divvil of a Lad is currently shelved.

About the only thing missing is a page devoted to the Redwall Cookbook-- which I really should take care of one of these days.

In the meantime, enjoy the fully-updated Redwall Newsline.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller
    Well, it appears that with the release of "Rackety Tam" us Brits will have regained the honour of reading the new book first. *Evil laugh dies away to a murmer*
    Of course, knowing our luck it won't be so and we will get it just as late again. But until then we can bask in the rightful glory of getting it first; we are Brian's homeland after all.
    "Tribes of Redwall: Shrews" sounds like an interesting choice in the continuation of the series. I expected there to be "Squirrels" next, following on from the release of "Rackety Tam" where the hero is one, although, unless I am mistaken here, there is the possibility that Dougie Plum is a shrew as unlikely as that seems.

Dibbun
    Just to say, Viking Book's publishing "Rackety Tam" in the UK is right.
    I'm not really sure why but they seem to be the company that prints(?) hardback copies of Puffin books. Their definately the company that published the hardback copies of "Triss" and "Loamhedge", then Puffin/Penguin release their paperback version's of the book a year later (if Triss is anything to go against).

I don't know why it has to be so complicated over here but whatever!

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Keyla
    Well, it appears that with the release of "Rackety Tam" us Brits will have regained the honour of reading the new book first.
    I knew someone would bring that up.

there is the possibility that Dougie Plum is a shrew as unlikely as that seems.
    Actually, I believe Dougie is a squirrel, as well. "Fighting squirrels" is how the pair were described. But, that could have changed.

Cheek
    Just to say, Viking Book's publishing "Rackety Tam" in the UK is right.
    I'm not really sure why but they seem to be the company that prints(?) hardback copies of Puffin books. Their definately the company that published the hardback copies of "Triss" and "Loamhedge", then Puffin/Penguin release their paperback version's of the book a year later (if Triss is anything to go against).
    Unfortunately, this doesn't make the situation any clearer. I own the UK hardcover of Triss (the original pink/purple cover, in any case) and Viking is not mentioned anywhere-- publishing rights are attributed to Puffin and their parent, Penguin Putnam, only. It's possible Viking took over with the blue/green cover to Triss and are handling all subsequent releases-- it's still odd, though.

Much easier to keep track of in the US-- Philomel in the beginning, Philomel now.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss