Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Favourite book cover art?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite book cover art?

Dibbun

Talking Favourite book cover art?

Okay so I'm bored but this topic would have come up sooner or later.

My favourite's would have to be the UK cover for "Marlfox" and "Triss" and I also love the US covers of "Martin the Warrior" and "Loamhedge".

So what about you?

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    Umm. . .I liked a lot of them. Have you seen the UK covers? UGh! **shudders** they were horrible! Except for The Long Patrol and Salamandastron. Those were very good. I think I'll order those ones. But as for the US, I like Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, Outcast of Redwall, The Bellmaker, Pearls of Lutra, The Long Patrol, Marlfox, Taggerung, and Triss. And the badger and the bell for Loamhedge. Most of them are pretty cool, actually.

Dibbun
    I LOVE the UK covers, its the US ones I'm none to keen on.
    What don't you like about the UK covers? I feel the animals look way more realistic (and more as I imagine the characters) than the US ones.

Patroller
    I agree, although us Brits are probably a bit biased, as you Americans must also be. I guess we think of the characters as looking like that and therefore feel the cover is somehow in tune with how it is in the book. However, I like the way the animals actually look quite a bit like how they do in real life compared to the American covers, in my opinion. Sometimes you feel like you can touch the fur.
    Chelki, surely you can't say the recent "Triss" (purple) and "Loamhedge" covers are ugly? There is such a richness to the landscape; it's quite breathtaking.

UK covers rock!

they do! especialy the taggerung.
    <CENTER>

Thanks Eagle!
    </CENTER>

I always liked the covers for Marlfox and The Pearls of Lutra, at least, the UK versions. Now we get the US versions. *cries*
    The Uk covers always seemed more realistic, and how I imagined the animals. As realistic as upright, English speaking, weapon making animals get, that is...
    Pacific Ocean spotted off East Coast!

Russian covers.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Dibbun
    Pearls of Lutra, the US version, rocked.
    #1 Calvin and Hobbes Fan

I think all the UK covers look fantastic. Salamandastron, The Long Patrol, and The Bellmaker standing out amoung them.

The US covers aren't that bad (Its not a stick figure strapped on the front eh). Marlfox, Outcast of Redwall, and Mattimeo are my favorites out of them.
    But it doesn't matter what the outside looks like, you still get the good redwall stories inside ^-^
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    How can you like the UK covers so much better? THe characters are very real looking on the US ones.
    Chelki, surely you can't say the recent "Triss" (purple) and "Loamhedge" covers are ugly? There is such a richness to the landscape; it's quite breathtaking.
    You mean the US or UK ones? The UK Triss was ok.But the US one was a whole lot better. I hated the Loamhedge UK one. Lonna was fat! It was horrible! Compare the two. I admit I was a little disapointed with the characters on the US one, but I like it a heck of a lot better the the UK one. Do you want me too compare the other covers, with images? I can, you know, and would be happy to!

Patroller
    Lonna was fat? I think broadchested would be a more accuratedescription, which fits with the fact that he, like most male badgers, is strong.
    That aside, I cannot see why you think it is horrible. The character look almost as if you could feel their fur and the image itself has a nice composition.
    What the image below does not show is the back of the book, which depicts
    rising waters
    beneath a beautifully done star strewn sky. The image is really eye catching and the scene is well chosen for its visual potential, especially the fire arrow.
    Of course I cannot make you think my way... well not until I or someone I know takes over the world.

The US cover for "Triss", while nice enough, always struck me as a bit- how can I put this nicely?- drab compared to the British one and the leading squirrel looked more like a leading lady... fith red fur and a squirrel's head. Her shape just seemed a bit odd to me. *shrugs*

Ooh, my computer's slowing down. We're due for another screw-up.

Anyway...I liked both Loamhedge covers. Lonna on the UK version, I suppose he was a bit big, but a badger is a bulky critter in real life.
    But, I wanted the UK version of Triss so badly, with all its bright, purple, trippy cool-ness. Yes, trippy. The version I got is so...drab. I can't recall exact details, but Triss's proportions did look a bit freaky on the US version.

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM (I couldn't help it!)
    Pacific Ocean spotted off East Coast!

I like the Bellmaker book cover the best because it actually shows Foremole, and it kinda sucks you into wanting to read it, as do all the other books too.
    "Bubs are you trying to sell me a lemon?" ~ Homestar Runner

The UK Versions of The Bellmaker , Salamandastron , Lord Brocktree , Outcast of Redwall and finally The Legend of Luke would have to rate among my favorites. It would be interesting to hear the opinions on the worst cover as well.

Originally posted by Senav

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM (I couldn't help it!)
    YAY!!!SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT BADGERBADGERBADGER.COM!!!

Have you seen "Special Edition"? It's an LOTR/badger thing...it's great!

HERE COME HERE COME HERE COME THE BADGERS HERE COME HERE COME HERE COME THE BADGERS!!!
    See the film the way it was meant to be...all badger scenes fully restored!
    "Night falls like a bad power point presentation."