Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inaccuracies in the Redwall books

Inaccuracies in the Redwall books

Has anyone noticed the little inaccuracies of the Redwall books? For instance:

Abbot Mortimer telling Matthias that Martin lay wounded in the snow after battling Tarsmina. It was summer when he fought her.

Martin placed his sword in the weather vane, but it was obvious that Simeon found it in his tomb

My opinion is that they're okay, since they don't really mess with the flow of the books. They're just fun to nitpick about

What others can you find?: More importantly, what do you think of it?

Martin placed his sword in the weather vane, but it was obvious that Simeon found it in his tomb
    I thought only the shield was in the tomb...
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller
    Did anyone else notice how a waterfall suddenly appears at the end of the river Moss in "The Legend of Luke" but is absent in "Mossflower" and "Mariel of Redwall". Of course, it isn't actually refered to as the river Moss, perhaps deliberately but it seems clear that there could be no other river being refered to here.

look, anything could have made the fall. what about small streams? how do you know the sword was in the tomb. i believe simeon went outside (dogrose). and in history, things get muddled, like it says martin came TO the abbey, which is wrong, but how do you know custer had 200 and not 300???
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Patroller
    look, anything could have made the fall. what about small streams?
    While it would be quite far fetched it is possible that the waterfall was formed within the few seasons between "Mossflower" and "The Legend of Luke". However, the chances are quite slim as it would require some significant seismic movement for part of the land to have been lifted that far above another part. Now, while it is conceivable that a plate margin is running along the coast- after all Salamandastron is there- it strikes me a proposterous that all sign of this waterfall would disappear by the time of "Mariel of Redwall" where it is clear it is not there.

i was thinking more along the lines of activity by the creatures dwelling in the area surrounding the aforementioned waterfall.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Dibbun
    Have you noticed that in the Mariel of Redwall book Salamandastron is not shown on the map, but Salamandastron exsisted then? It's not that great of a finding, but heh it's something alright.
    Sincerely,
    Lady Kediassa

"Oh mighty warriors lead me through this dreadful rain,
    Guide me through this cruel pain.
    Please, strong lords clasp me by the heavy paw,
    And help me if I am to fall-
    Save me from haunting ghosts,
    And the ones that hurt me most.
    Hold me tight donít let me go.
    Or Iíll fall into the paws of awful foe.
    Help me through this battered trail-
    And end this crestfallen tale."

have you noticed that it is actually, at least in my copy. and what about the cliffs etc.?

Originally posted by Kediassa
    Have you noticed that in the Mariel of Redwall book Salamandastron is not shown on the map, but Salamandastron exsisted then? It's not that great of a finding, but heh it's something alright.
    I think its mainly because we didnt see any action at the ole rock. Rawnblade Widestripe traveled a long distance away from it surprisingly. I wouldnt abandon it for as long as he did.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

its in the uk version i tell ya!

Dibbun
    Once my friend said there was a mention of the abbey bell ringing in the Outcast of Redwall. This doesn't fit with the Bellmaker(dandin pounded the logs with the clubs). The Outcast of Redwall was before the bell if the Bellmaker is correct.
    I read the book and didn't find any mention of the bell in there though.
    You can't argue with all the fools in the world, it's easier to let them have their way, then trick them when their not paying attention

~Brom~

i dont think thats right. maybe in a first edition... im not sure. im reading outcast right now and havent heard about the bell.

Originally posted by Cheesethief
    how do you know the sword was in the tomb. i believe simeon went outside (dogrose).
    And how, pray, did he climb the wall to the weathervane ? It would be hard enough for a mouse to climb the wall at night, but it would be twice as hard for a blind mouse to climb the wall at all.
    Unless the sword fell, and how would that have happened? As it is said in Mariel of Redwall, Simeon was under the abbey.

About the bellÖ
    the person may have been talking about the bell tower.
    Last edited by Madd The Sane; June 3rd, 2004 at 10:06 AM.
    Get out of my mind, idea! I already have another idea in my head that I am working on!
    Don't you just hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and you lose it?
    Why does advertising use Mac OS "Classic" on most displays and or computers that are sometimes Windows?
    I need to get my web site back up.
    "I see no advantage to the graphical user interface."
    -- Bill Gates, 1984

did i say he climbed to the weathervane?
    and heres an innacuracy, bungo is a babe in martin the warrior but he is also in the great redwall feast and a redwall winters tale.

Registered User Slagar the Cruel's Avatar
    Martin's ghost flew Simeon to the top of the roof, or something. I don't know, all that matter is that Simeon did get the sword off the top of the roof somehow.