Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

NOTE: This thread may contain spoilers of the movie and book of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban last night on opening night! I was really looking forward to seeing it, but after the movie I was really dissapointed. It seemed to go by so fast and the ending sucked! Almost every serious moment I felt like laughing. Usually when there is a serious moment in a movie I get into it, but for this movie I found myself laughing and joking with my friends about almost every scene. I liked the first movie and I didn't like the second one too much. And now the third one just seemed...ahh... I don't know, but it didn't seem as magical and interesting. I really liked the third book, but I think they didn't do that good of a job on the third movie. Anyone have any ideas or comments?
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

*just came back from watching it*Freak. *shaking with anger* It was horrible! Horrible. The adaption from book to movie was horrible. Everything was wrong. Cut scenes, and a ton of added in scenes to top it off. I'm so disappointed. The first two followed the books pretty close, and this one far from it. *doesn't have time to talk anymore about this* urk..
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

Patroller
    I haven't seen it. I *might* see it tomorrow if I can convince my dad. The only reason I would want to see it it would be because of Emma Watson
    -rill

Originally posted by Rillflag27
    The only reason I would want to see it it would be because of Emma Watson
    Ahhhhh. Emma Watson! I should start a thread about her.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

ah. my history teacher taught her at the dragon school, a few years back.
    and cunard(sp?) is used to small budget mexican films. did he not do "man of the year"? i didnt like how there was that clock, and giant stones, and hagrids bigger hut, and no sir cadogan, and...
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Before i go rant on the bad i do want to take a moument to say what i actually liked about this movie. Buckbeak, the dementors, and harry's patronous were all well done. Espesially the patronous, it was stunning. But that's about all. I was rather amused about the time they went back in time. Pretty well done.

1. Harry gets his firebolt at the end of the movie! *harry opens package and there's one of buckbeak's feathers in it, then harry goes and flies on the broom ending the movie*
    2. Only one quiditch match, the one where harry falls off his broom. They don't show them winning the finals!
    3. A ton of added in scenes, mostly HUMOR. I mean cutting scenes i can get over but that just ????ed me off.
    4. Cedric and Cho where never introduced.
    5. Lupin looked rather creepy than um hot as i imagined
    6. A hogworts choir with frogs? Uh..
    7. While dumbledore kind of resembled the guy that passed away his voice was far off
    8. Harry doesn't get caught for throughing snowballs at malfoy (which was mudballs in the book), so they have harry sneak out in the middle of the night seeking petter on the map and then getting his map took away.
    9. Lupin's werewolve self could of been better animated..he didn't even resemble something like a wolf..all bald and not properly on his feet.

meh..there were alot of stuff. oh well. =/
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

all of that belongs in spoiler tags. Checkout my review under Flourish and Blotts
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

6. A hogworts choir with frogs? Uh..
    yeah i never saw the teacher before either.
    . While dumbledore kind of resembled the guy that passed away his voice was far off
    it changed to a scottish accent halfway through!
    9. Lupin's werewolve self could of been better animated..he didn't even resemble something like a wolf..all bald and not properly on his feet.
    thats cos hes a WEREWOLF.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

It's too late to be put in spoiler tag now though.

Heh
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

saying somethings spoilerific at the top doesnt justify no spoilers. id expect better of ye beelze.

saying somethings spoilerific at the top doesnt justify no spoilers. id expect better of ye beelze.
    This thread may contain spoilers of the movie and book of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
    He didn't say i had to put them behind tags.

thats cos hes a WEREWOLF.
    I know but he should of had some features of a wolf.
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

what, like giant teeth, fur, weird legs, a tail? oh yeh...HE DID.

He was almost bald you call that having fur. And big teeth, alot of animals could have that characistic. And no ears either or tail. Nevermind it doesn't matter. Not gonna spend the whole thread arguing on this.
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
    He didn't say i had to put them behind tags.
    Correct. I didn't say that spoilers had to be put behind tags because I put up that note at the beginning.
    NOTE: This thread may contain spoilers of the movie and book of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
    So Beelze is perfectly correct in not putting them behind tags. Cheese, if we had to put up spoilers in tags then this whole thread would be full of tags and that would get on my nerves as well as others' nerves.

Originally posted by LadyBeelzebumon
    He was almost bald you call that having fur. And big teeth, alot of animals could have that characistic. And no ears either or tail.
    I most definetly* agree that the werewolf was poorly designed. I remember durring the movie, when Lupin was transforming, that I kept on hoping he would keep transforming because he looked so bad. Has anyone seen the werewolves in Van Hellsing? Now those werewolves were designed beautifully.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

yep. but the wolf had ears. i swear.