Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Redwall DVD 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Redwall DVD 2

Smile Redwall DVD 2

The second Redwall DVD call the "Next Adventure" will be released April 13 2004. Info can be found at Videoflicks.com.
    Russus

Faith (Future) Changes Hope (Now) Into Reality

Aight, 'nother redwall DVD. Thanks for posting that. But i'm confused, does this one finish up the redwall series?
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

SYNOPSIS
    While Cluny plans to recapture the tapestry by burning down the Abbey gates, Matthias determines to renew his search for Martin's sword. He must find Asmodeus' hideout. He learns that only the fierce mouse-eating owl, Captain Snow, knows where it is. To ask him Matthias has to pass Julian Gingivere, a marmalade cat and the Shrew of Mossflower Wood! Matthias breaks off the search for the sword to return with his new allies to once again beat off Cluny.

sounds like the end to me. But the Greeneye family weren't marmalde cats were they?
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    **screams** The Second one??? Ooohh. . .I"m sooo happy! I've been waiting for ever, and that US compatible, right? I think I'll go pre oreder it now. . .**runs off**.

It's a region 1 dvd, so yes it works on US dvd players...even if it wasnt there are ways to get around that....
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

But it'll have episodes 7-13, right? Not just one or two or three. . . ?

Cool!
    <CENTER>

Thanks Eagle!
    </CENTER>

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    At this point it's unknown whether it contains the remaining 7 season one episodes or less. The VHS release, afterall, did drop off from four episodes a tape to two episodes a tape. That said, the remaining 7 episodes are likely. We should know more soon.

I'll have to get this up on RWTV and the Newsline, though. Thanks for posting about it, Russus.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Okay, strike that. The DVD will have the remaining seven episodes-- the running time fits. Very good news. Now, if only I could follow this up with a Mattimeo announcement...
    ~Martin the Warrior~

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."

**shrieks** I know I'm all wierd with my screams and sucdh but that is SO COOL!!!!!!!! I so cannotwait! I'm going to preorder it right now. . .

Registered User Slagar the Cruel's Avatar
    Okay, strike that. The DVD will have the remaining seven episodes-- the running time fits. Very good news.
    Very good news indeed!

Now, if only I could follow this up with a Mattimeo announcement...
    If you could do that, I would fall to my knees and weep with joy.

I do wonder why it's called "The Next Adventure", if it's the same old adventure? I still don't know why they don't record the entire series in SLP mode on the same DVD? It would work - I tried with one of my taped-off-TV Redwall videos on my DVD recorder, and I was able to fit the WHOLE SERIES on just one DVD. It would also be possible with VHS's. Why do they insist on multiple tapes and DVDs? It kind of splits the episodes up when it's not needed
    Last edited by Cornflower; March 12th, 2004 at 12:16 AM.

"The Next Adventure" is obviously meant to be a continuation of "The Adventure Begins". It may not make much sense story-wise, but it still works.

I still don't know why they don't record the entire series in SLP mode on the same DVD? It would work - I tried with one of my taped-off-TV Redwall videos on my DVD recorder, and I was able to fit the WHOLE SERIES on just one DVD. It would also be possible with VHS's. Why do they insist on multiple tapes and DVDs?
    Quality. Anything you record off of TV on SLP will have terrible quality. It will be watchable, certainly, but the image will be moderately blurred, the sound will deteriorate, and the colors will have a faded look. The more tapespace you take to preserve an image, the better the image will be preserved. That's why SP mode can only record two hours worth of shows while SLP makes it to six-- SP records things in superior quality (Redwall was one of the few shows I cared to record in SP). That's why the videos sold in the store are SP.

The other half of the matter is that the DVD format is lauded for its perfect picture and sound. The show will have such clarity that you'll be able to see lines in the animation that you might otherwise have missed on the broadcast/video tape. The colors will also be extremely vibrant. An episode on a DVD will be superior to a VHS copy (even one bought at the store) in every way possible. Furthermore, DVDs do not lose their quality every time you play them back.

Now, to maintain that high quality, you can't jam-pack the DVD. You could, theoretically, stick quite a bit on a single DVD, but somewhere along the way you'd have to start sacrificing the quality and compress the episodes. Generally speaking, the most half hour episodes you can put on a single DVD without having the quality suffer is nine. Finding nine episode discs is extremely rare. In fact, finding six episode discs is rare. The common episode count for animated shows on DVD is three to five. So, we're actually pretty lucky to have the season spread out on only two discs rather than four discs (3-3-3-4).
    ~Martin the Warrior~

Are there any speciaal features on these dvds? It'd sure be nice to see a commentary by Mr. Jacques on one of them.

Nope, they've just got the episodes.

*looks around, remembering the TV forum's glory days*

*sigh*
    -reds