Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What instrument do you play?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What instrument do you play?

What instrument do you play?

i play drums, guitar, very little piano, trumpet and cant think of any thing else

Patroller
    I play Drums/Percussion and piano. As I've said before my bro plays Violin, Organ and Piano and Jazz Piano. I wanna take guitar but ever since my friend came over with his guitar and we played "Brain Stew" like 20 times she won't let me. So I'm getting help from my friend's mom and my choir pianist to help me out here.
    -rill

sweet....
    i know how to play most of avril's songs......
    like complicated, anything but ordinary, and a couple more...
    guitar is awsome... it's a bit easier to play than drums even though i have more experience with drums.....

I play Trombone in my school's band. I had a little jazz group going for awhile, but we kind of lost interest. I would love to learn to play guitar or bass guitar, but I don't have the time or the commitment to learn a new instrument.

Patroller
    I used to play the alto sax. But then I got into Civil Air Patrol.
    "Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry."

Love these kinds of topics...

I play the flute (duh <g>), and when I'm forced to, the piccolo. I used to play piano and violin, but I haven't practiced on them for so long, they don't seem to count anymore...

How about dream instruments...anything you'd like to play someday?

I already play the instruments I want to, but I'd like to play some specific instruments.... a Stradivarius violin, Mozart's piano, etc. Probably won't happen, but who knows?

Just some unsolicited advice... keep up your instruments! If I had a dime for every adult who tells me they wished they'd kept up their music...

Tree

~~~~~

"I find piano practicing a great effort, yet one dare not ignore it. It's like an animal whose heads are continually growing again, however many one cuts off."

~Ferruccio Busoni~
    Last edited by Treerose; October 6th, 2004 at 02:16 PM.

piano. im a grade 1-er. but i play some mean tunes... satchel belch cannon anyone?
    i used to play cello, but gave it up. the teacher, i didnt like.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

I played the piano about a year after I was born. Then I stopped 'cause I didn't like it too much. And I still play the flute--though I'm only mediocre at it.

I also know some chords on the guitar and I could pick it a bit.

My dream instrument would be the violin or the fiddle.

"Ore wo dare da to omoite yarou?!"--Simon, Guren Lagann

I play the drums/percussion, I self taught myself a song on the piano, and I want to learn how to play the guitar.
    He's pouring his heart out to me and all I can think is, "I really want that burrito in the fridge. I'm glad I got sour cream today."

-Ferahgo the Assassin

Hey, Cheese, you played cello? Neat. I play cello, as well as singing in choir.
    "Night falls like a bad power point presentation."

In fourth grade I played the cello. In fifth grade, I played the clarinet. In sixth grade I switched to the alto saxophone. I played the baritone saxophone throughout highschool. I still have my alto sax, but had to return the bari sax to the highschool when I graduated.
    Guess who.

I play the piano and drums (as in a drum set! Not auxilary percusions *shake shake shake shake*). I took lessons for about four year in piano (then the teacher moved or something) and I play drums for my music class at school.

Patroller: Emeritus Lyrian Aryns's Avatar
    I can play the piano... sorta. I've never had any formal lessons, but a certain musical friend just grabbed me one day, dragged me over to her piano and said, "Keys. Memorize. Now." and I was too scared not to comply. :P I'm not particularly good at it, but it's fun.

I also played the recorder for a very, very short time in third grade. The music teacher at my school thought it'd be a good idea to start a recorder club, much to many parents' dismay... it didn't last too long.
    "She doesn't talk much, does she?"
    "No, she's always quiet. We think maybe there's something wrong with her."
    "Yes... or something very right. The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, Luc Deradi. The loud ones only take the credit."
    -Babylon 5

I played sax for a few months before the teacher kicked me off it, I still don't know why. I sucked at it, but that's alright. I also tried to learn guitar for a while, but I got sick of it. Being forced to do music at school was the worst thing about grades 2 until 8 for me, it made me sick to think about walking into the classroom. But thankfully that suffering is wearing off after three and a half years and I can talk about music without vomiting. Music is such a beautiful thing, but I hated learning it in a classroom...that's my sob story. I think it was an attitude problem that I had towards that particular class. (Wow, I just accepted some of the blame, I think I'm making some progress. )
    ~p

In the middle ground between futile revolution and blind materialism is the direct experience.

edit: nevermind
    Last edited by Lonna Bowstripe; October 6th, 2004 at 08:46 PM.
    -LB