Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

National Treasure

View Poll Results: How do you rate National Treasure?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 14.29%

0 0%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%

3 21.43%
  • Haven't seen it yet, but want to.

5 35.71%
  • You couldn't pay me to see that

0 0%
  • It deserves less than a 5, that's for sure

2 14.29%

Thread: National Treasure

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar

Post National Treasure

OK, I know this has been out for awhile, but I wanted to see what people thought of it. I LOVED it. Nicholas Cage was perfect, and Sean Bean made the perfect villain. All the high-speed chases, and riddles, and treasure. **sighs dreamily and wishes that Hollywood would make more movies of this type even though it's kinda cliche** Some people thought it was silly, but it's a great family movie. Riley, of course, was my favorite character. The music was really good, too. I've got the whole soundtrack memorized. . .The only thing I didn't like about it was at Ben's dad's house, when they needed more lemons, they pulled out a whole drawer full of them. Cummon, people do not have that many lemons.
    Last edited by Chelki Sureshot; January 26th, 2005 at 01:27 PM.

I loved it.

It was alright. I suspect it held a lot of meaning to Americans. But I felt it was somewhat similar to The Da Vinci Code.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

I actually did a movie review for this for the college paper...I gave it a 6/10. It was entertaining enough...

I gave it an 8. I just thought it was an all-around feel good movie.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

It never came to my theater Oh well
    ~ YdAl EzLeEb

Wisconsin. No, wait- Minnesota. No, wait- Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesethief
    It was alright. I suspect it held a lot of meaning to Americans. But I felt it was somewhat similar to The Da Vinci Code.
    Speaking of The Da Vinci Code, I'm too lazy to make my own thread so I'll say it here: director Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13) is making the book into a movie, starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou (Amélie, Dirty Pretty Things, A Very Long Engagement.
    Heh. I haven't seen the one, nor have I read the other.

I gave it a 9. I enjoyed it.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by Rolinko
    Speaking of The Da Vinci Code, I'm too lazy to make my own thread so I'll say it here: director Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13) is making the book into a movie, starring Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou (Amélie, Dirty Pretty Things, A Very Long Engagement.
    Heh. I haven't seen the one, nor have I read the other.
    I still haven't read the book. The greedy publishers are holding out for money by not printing the book in paperback until the movie comes out in theaters, and I don't want to spend thirty bucks on a hardback of a book I probably won't read again for a couple of years. I have read the prequel Angels and Demons, and it's most likely just as suspenseful and entertaining.

I havent read it yet. I think it's overrated.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodan
    I have read the prequel Angels and Demons, and it's most likely just as suspenseful and entertaining.
    I've read all of Dan Brown's books except The Da Vinci Code - and I must say that Angels and Demons is definitely the best one. I agree with TBT that The Da Vinci Code seems extremely overrated, but I'm sure I'll get around to reading it someday (definitely not spending thirty bucks on it, though, agreed).
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

The greedy publishers are holding out for money by not printing the book in paperback until the movie comes out in theaters, and I don't want to spend thirty bucks on a hardback of a book I probably won't read again for a couple of years.
    The paperback version is all over the place here. I had my brother borrow it from his friend so i could read it. Personally, I find it slightly better than "Angles and Demons".

Yeah, I know about the film. Bet it'll be rubbish.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesethief
    Bet it'll be rubbish.
    My thoughts exactly. I read the first couple chapters, but couldn't get into it. Now that I've read all the Sherlock Holmes stories, I can't stand to read any other "detective" solving a case. Tom Cruise, huh? That'll be interesting.

It deserves less than a 5, that's for sure
    Ok you 2 voters. Explain why please.