Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best Villain

View Poll Results: Best Villain

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tsarmina

4 12.90%
  • Gabool

1 3.23%
  • Slagar

2 6.45%
  • Cluny

7 22.58%
  • Vilu Daskar

0 0%
  • The Marlfoxes

2 6.45%
  • Urgan Nagru

0 0%
  • Ungatt Trunn

1 3.23%
  • Ferahgo

8 25.81%
  • Sawney Rath

0 0%
  • Badrang

2 6.45%
  • Ironbeak

0 0%
  • Swartt

0 0%
  • Kurda

0 0%
  • Asmodeus

4 12.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Villain

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar

Best Villain

Vote for the villain you consider the smartest, coolest or strongest, please explain your selection.

And yes I know we've discussed villains before but now we've got a poll, so vote away.

I said Tsarmina because she was just awesome, came the closest to killing the main character, so you gotta give her mad props, especially considering that main character was Martin. She shoulda won....
    Last edited by Josiah the Warrior; August 31st, 2005 at 04:35 PM.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Ferahgo (Just awesome)
    Three way tie The Marl Foxes (Smart)
    Ugnaut Trunn (Cool!)

My choices! But I also like Ruggan bor.
    Last edited by Sagrived Switpaw; August 31st, 2005 at 04:25 PM.
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Ferahgo, because he was the smartest and most twisted.
    -LB

Anyone who has read my humorous fanfics should know the answer, who is not listed in the poll.

"My name is Hope, Luck just ran out."-Carbon Leaf

The Redwall Wiki

Ferahgo was the epitome of villainy.

Cluny. The first villain of the whole series.
    He's pouring his heart out to me and all I can think is, "I really want that burrito in the fridge. I'm glad I got sour cream today."

-Ferahgo the Assassin

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Well, I'm sure everyone could easily guess my choice.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

After thinking about it, it is tough to pick my favorite villain. Keep in mind that I've never read about Gabool, Ungatt Trunn, Ferahgo, Swartt, or Kurda, so they're not in my overall choices.

I chose Slagar because it seemed like he was the only villain to be a significant threat, and I can't ignore his appearance of a scarred fox. Love the idea that he has a raspy voice for some reason. He really made himself fearsome, and he lived up to his subname "The Cruel".

Now for the choices I didn't pick and why:

Tsarmina - After Cluny and Badrang, she just didn't stand out.

Cluny - He's probably the best overall for a villain, but then he established the base of "Redwall villain", and I still think Slagar was more of a threat than Cluny was. Even with Cluny's barbed tail.

Vilu Daskar - Cool appearance, but awfully dull.

Marlfoxes - Mokkan was a sound leader, confident in his abilities, (a little disturbed near the end however) and Lantur was just crazy. Alas while that made them interesting, it didn't make them any more fearsome to Redwallers.

Urgan Nagru - I'll just say I thought the interactions between him and his fiery wife Silvamord was great. When either of them are alone, however, they don't make for best villain material. Only when together. And fighting against eachother. Because cooperating kills what made them interesting in the first place.

Sawney Rath - Um, no. But if Ruggan Bor were in the poll, he'd be my favorite by far for being unusually calm in all matters, with eyes that would pierce through the soul, and being a dashing yellow fox doesn't hurt either.

Badrang - I know I've called Badrang my favorite before, but to tell the truth, alone he doesn't have much. I found Clogg more interesting (probably since I imagined him to be a Jack Sparrow stoat instead of a fat thing). It's only when Badrang and Clogg are fighting that Badrang reaches near the top of my list. Badrang looks great too. But I'd never place him above Ruggan Bor.

Ironbeak - He actually proved more a threat than Slagar did, and his reign of terror was closer to home, but I never thought of him as a villain for some reason. I don't think of Ironbeak as a villain yet think of Ruggan Bor - who's in like three chapters only - as a villain. Weird mind I have. I'd place Ironbeak above Slagar except I just don't think of him as a villain.

Asmodeus - Didn't think of him as a villain at all, and didn't have enough time to become a significant villain.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Ferahgo because he had a smile that made everyone cringe and he had a lot of knives. I would definitly stay away from someone with lots of knives, unless of course I was a badger.

Tsarmania, because she was the perfect mix of credible warlord(lady?) for most of the book, and then just went off her rocker at the end. She was clearly flawed, which made her beliveable, but she wasn't so nutso that she couldn't manage her castle. (at least for a little while..)
    Let's just eat our pizza before the portal to Hoth opens again.

I think Greypatch should have been on there... He and Cluny were the only villains who actually had some understanding of basic strategy.

Probably Cluny. First villain, and the best overall, I reckon.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Obviously, I chose Badrang (Strong, smart, and not a backseat driver), but I'd like to say a few words for some of the constantly overlooked villians.

Swartt: He was as cruel as cruel can be. Ignored his wife and son, ruled through a fear more intense then some others, and had a good relationship with the hero, something that's fairly rare.

Damug: Just as evil as the next guy, cunning, ruthless, fairly good at military commanding. i don't see why alot of people don't like him.

Raga Bol: I really, really don't understand why people don't like him. Had an interesting sort of comaraderie with his crew, had a good relation with the hero, and it is made clear at the start of the book that he is an accomplished murderer.
    Enter the Castle of Professor Falliss. Who knows: you might make it out alive.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Midnight...wer/index.php?

Patroller
    Slipped inside the eye of my mind, looking for a better place to play.

Cool ex[planation

I choose Gabool the Wild, because he has a house on the ocean, really good food, lots of shiny/sparkly stuff, a pet scorpion, & he's nuts.

-lady blasir
    SAVE THE LIONS!!!!!!

I choose Asmodeus, he kicked tail! I would've choosen Plugg Firetail, but for some reason, he wasn't on the list, could you explain why the best fox ever was omitted?
    "An Army of Squirrels is still an Army."