Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
HELP Fellowship of the ring study guide Question?

Thread: HELP Fellowship of the ring study guide Question?

Question HELP Fellowship of the ring study guide Question?

Please help a poor hare?
    for my Literature this year my mother assined me a book and a study guide.
    For "Fellowship of the ring". now i have a question for any lotr fans!
    (some exsperence with the books wolud make it easyr)
    so here it go's.

Discussion or Debate: Gollum is a former ring-barer, a pitiful and loathsome creature encountered by Bilbo in (The Hobbit Chapter 5, riddles in the dark). Gollum has no moral standards or compunction. Aragorn relates his experience with Gollum in his way. what do you think wolud have happend if golloum had never lost the ring?

He will never love me, I fear; for he bit me, and I was not gentle.
    Nothing more did I ever get from his mouth than a mark of his
    Teeth. I deemed it the worst part of all my journey, on the road back.
    Watching him night and day, making him walk before me with a
    Halter on his neck, Gagged, until he was tamed from lack of food and
    Drink, driving him ever towards MirkWood.

How would characterize or summarize Aragonís treatment of pore old Smeagull?
    Would such treatment be allowed if Aragorn were part of your local law enforcement?
    Is such treatment justified by the circumstances? Is it ever justified? Are there biblical passages that apply to such a situation?

Is there any body out there that can help me?
    please reply!
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Judging by the wording of the questions, it seems like you are trying to get us to do your schoolwork for you. I'm sure many people would be happy to discuss general subjects regarding the book, but we won't do your work for you.
    Rimrose @->---
    The difference between a hypocrite and a wise man is that one states his beliefs while the other lives them.

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrose
    Judging by the wording of the questions, it seems like you are trying to get us to do your schoolwork for you. I'm sure many people would be happy to discuss general subjects regarding the book, but we won't do your work for you.
    Sorry if it sounds like that but i need to have Discussion with somebody any body? (i dont want you too do my work for me!) and if its not apropratet than that is fine. I am tired of having Discussion's with my mother-Teacher. ok
    but i could survive one more? i guess.

(My teacher has aproved this idea)

I just need too discuss So i think the ring wolud never have bin found.
    The white city might have fallen Eventuly!
    ]
    and all would have come too distrouction! and saroun wolud rule!
    gollum would have died in his mistymountan cave.
    and that wolud be the end.
    what are your thoughts?

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    I don't have anything to add at the moment, but I will say that I think it's (somewhat) okay for him to post discussion questions on here. In all of my English and social sciences classes in high school, we've had class discussions that really helped everyone think deeply about the reading material. Being homeschooled, he doesn't really have that opportunity, and that's a major detriment.

It's obvious that this board has a lot of LotR fans, and it's a good source of discussion. -shrug- Everyone has been kind of hard on the newbies lately...
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

I'm not so sure that Sauron would be in full power even if his ring wasn't found. The ring was all that was holding him onto the earth. Even if he did manage to take over Minas Tirith, he'd never amount to what he used to be.
    Enter the Castle of Professor Falliss. Who knows: you might make it out alive.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Midnight...wer/index.php?

The ring would have been found. It left Gollom of its own accord to be picked up by Bilbo, in which it figured it had a better chance of getting back to its Master. Have you ever noticed when Frodo says, "The Ring is calling, Sam."?
    -LB

Homeschooled? When you're old enough for high school, please go to a real one.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna Bowstripe
    The ring would have been found. It left Gollom of its own accord to be picked up by Bilbo, in which it figured it had a better chance of getting back to its Master.
    I'm not so sure. How would the Ring know that there was someone in Gollums cave? I think it was hoping that one of the orcs in the muntain would pick it up, and be easily subdued to Sauron's will. Bilbo was more or less an accident.

Wink Hhmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Badrang3
    I'm not so sure. How would the Ring know that there was someone in Gollums cave? I think it was hoping that one of the orcs in the muntain would pick it up, and be easily subdued to Sauron's will. Bilbo was more or less an accident.
    Sounds right to me. Also I take back my saying "saroun would rule"
    Because obvously he wouldn't with out the ring.

Any other thoughts?

p.s Thanks so much everybody

TBT.
    I like homeschooling. I have a very flexiable schedule. I get too have long lunch periods, I manage my own day and I do a lot of individual work.
    I don't have classmates to have discussions with so this was a great way to hear from other people. I don't really like any of the high schools in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo
    Being homeschooled, he doesn't really have that opportunity, and that's a major detriment.
    That's a matter of opinion. Discussion in class doesn't always guarantee a better understanding of the material.

Quote Originally Posted by TBT
    Homeschooled? When you're old enough for high school, please go to a real one.
    Why don't you consider a homeschool a real school? Lack of drug dealers, peer pressure and academic excellence? I've been to a "real" school and I, by far, prefer my homeschool.
    Mackinsie
    *God Bless America*

The Redwall Links - the #1 internet Redwall directory

...'neath the cover of october skies and all the leaves on the trees are falling to the sound of the breezes that blow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrived Switpaw
    for my Literature this year my mother assined me a book and a study guide.
    This doesn't really pertain to the subject of this thread, but would that study guide happen to be from Progeny Press? I'm wondering because I'm working in one of those myself, and from reading the list of titles in the back, I know that they have study guides for the Lord of the Rings series.

Talking Yup

Yes, Cornflower, they are very very good study books! I enjoy them immensely! They are written by Michel S. Gillelano. I have finished "The Hobbit" last year (8th grade) and "Fellowship" this year (9th grade.)
    The book has great questions. I suggest them to ANY LOTR fans!

p.s thanks Mackinsie and Ferahgo!

Now back on subject. What do you think wolud have happend to Gollum?

What do you mean?
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

I think Gollum would probably still hang out in his mountain until Sauron gained more of his power. Then he would probably sense Gollum's presence everytime he put on the ring. Sauron would then send a bunch of minions to go kill Gollum and take the ring back. Either way, Gollum loses.