Thread: RedVenture 2: Enigma

Dibbun

RedVenture 2: Enigma

Hello everyone! I'd just like to let you know that the second round of RedVenture is open for applications from both writers and artists! If you're interested, the site may be found here.

Good luck to you all!

England Positively Rules (and Scotland, says Cheesethief)
    *pounces on the app form* I will get into this one! Just you try and stop me!
    I personally find that the world limit in a signature is far too short for my liking; I have so many wonderful ideas that I could put in here, yet there is not enough space! In the previous few days, I have tried to copy and paste several interesting essays into this miniscule space, but none have worked. I feel imprisoned by these ridiculous restrictions and would like a word with the administrator! There is absolutely no reason for this save for the conservation of bandwith, which admittedly

Dibbun
    **SQUEE!** I'm so happy that you're so determined! It makes me feel like I've made a worthwhile website for once. LOL

Question

welcome, but beside that sorry to say I have no clue what this thread is about???????? sorry??????????
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

My computer blocks it

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Uhh, "fergive moi iggerance" as the moles would say, but what is RedVenture?
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Look before you leap (or post, as it were).

RedVenture is a survivor style RPG, much like ROC: Survivor, Questors Bold, and Operation: Sandstorm, but with some obvious differences. How it works is, for a month or so we accept applications for writers to fill twelve spots. The finalists are selected by myself and a few other staffers, and the audience votes on the final twelve. From there, the twelve contestants begin writing a story that they themselves (with occasional staff guidance) coordinate. At the end of each week we open up the voting to the audience, who votes for the writer they think has been doing the poorest. Whoever gets the most votes gets voted off, and must write a death post for their character.

This continues until a final three are selected, and once more the voting is opened to the audience, but this time they vote for the character they'd like to see win it all. Whoever receives the most votes is declared the winner, and gets to direct the story's ending. And there is much rejoicing.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Patroller: Emeritus Lyrian Aryns's Avatar
    *gives Barkstripe's computer a cookie* Sensible thing, it is.

*runs before Tara can come back*
    "She doesn't talk much, does she?"
    "No, she's always quiet. We think maybe there's something wrong with her."
    "Yes... or something very right. The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, Luc Deradi. The loud ones only take the credit."
    -Babylon 5

Dibbun
    **growlies**

That's it, you mutilated rat traitor, you're not invited. :P

Dibbun

It begins!

The story has begun! Go here to check it out!

Patroller: Emeritus Lyrian Aryns's Avatar
    *poink*

Guys, their voting tallies have been pitiful over the past few weeks. If you're at all bored, go read the story and vote once voting goes up this weekend.
    Last edited by Lyrian Aryns; July 14th, 2005 at 08:20 PM.
    "She doesn't talk much, does she?"
    "No, she's always quiet. We think maybe there's something wrong with her."
    "Yes... or something very right. The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, Luc Deradi. The loud ones only take the credit."
    -Babylon 5

Registered User Darson the Warrior's Avatar
    I will join as Darson the Warrior there. I don't know if I will be able to be on ther much, but I will do my best to.