Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many more Redwall books will be written?

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar

How many more Redwall books will be written?

Brian Jaques is due to turn 66 in June. He has already churned out 17 Redwall books (I think, so correct me if I'm wrong) and according to him, there are "many more to come." Although I'm sure many of us want him to write until we are senile, he obviously will have to stop somewhere, the question is when? My guess is another 8 books. I pray for twice that, but that is my guess. Tell me yours!
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

He'll write them as long as he is in complete control of his cognitive faculties.

I think they should end at 20.
    He's pouring his heart out to me and all I can think is, "I really want that burrito in the fridge. I'm glad I got sour cream today."

-Ferahgo the Assassin

Patroller
    Well, he says he will write them until either his ability or his fans' desire runs out. I doubt the latter will so I guess he'll be writing as long as he is able. I imagine that as time goes on he may choose to slow his schedule but I imagine he will carry on writing.

first star to the right and straight on til morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodan
    He'll write them as long as he is in complete control of his cognitive faculties.
    i agree with that. ill keep reading them as long as he keeps writing them
    Hi I'm weirdo, extremely nice to meet you. Today is a great day to die from laughter

when i met him. he sayd hed wright as long as possiable. if we (the readers) keep reading.
    so bring on the books brian.
    hope he is blessed with another 66 years.
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

As long as the engine's running and he's behind the wheel, he'll keep writing. The thing with writers, is that they can't stop. They actually cant. Hemmingway commited suicide becuase he couldn't write anymore.

I don't agree with Jodan. I think he should end on about 25, a round number. Maybe they should finish all the "Tribes" booklets as well.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Angry

Huh? stop at at 20-25?

I say he should write til he dies. The books are so good If he stoped I would be so sad

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagrived Switpaw
    when i met him. he sayd hed wright as long as possiable. if we (the readers) keep reading.
    so bring on the books brian.
    hope he is blessed with another 66 years.
    I completely agree. But wouldnt that be something if he was still writing in another 20 years? I seriously doubt he will be, but I'd march right into that bookstore at age 36 and buy a copy of his latest book! Who's with me?
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah the Warrior
    I completely agree. But wouldnt that be something if he was still writing in another 20 years? I seriously doubt he will be, but I'd march right into that bookstore at age 36 and buy a copy of his latest book! Who's with me?
    I am right there with ya.

I think that Brian should stop at around 25 as well. The 25th book could be a special book. A type of "ending" to the series that could be sweet, heart touching, and happy all at once. Leaving the reader to explore the world of Redwall with their own imagination.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

i can see yours and Cheese's point but it would be sad if he stopped writing Redwall books, but it might be a little dissapointing to leave the sieries totally unfinished, say if he died half way through a book
    Thats what metal gears about 3/4 hour philsophical disscusions before fights

Yeah, exactly. But I trust Brian will choose for himself.

I think that Brian should stop at around 25 as well. The 25th book could be a special book. A type of "ending" to the series that could be sweet, heart touching, and happy all at once. Leaving the reader to explore the world of Redwall with their own imagination.
    If I'm thinking what you're thinking, that sounds really good. The book could be about some huge conflict, and then, when it ends, a young mouse in an overlarge green habit admires the sun setting. That kind of thing.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesethief
    If I'm thinking what you're thinking, that sounds really good. The book could be about some huge conflict, and then, when it ends, a young mouse in an overlarge green habit admires the sun setting. That kind of thing.
    Exactly. I was thinking about the "sun setting" ending as well.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am