Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
hI!!12! lol

Thread: hI!!12! lol

hI!!12! lol

Yo. Name's Cheesethief, and I'd like to say hi to all you people out there. I'm new here, but you all seem really nice and I promise I won't spam and I...

Anyway, I'm back from my three weeks' holiday. I won't go through it blow-by-blow, because if you're anything like me, you'll read the first paragraph, skim the rest, then read what the cleverer people said and follow suit. Well, it's been fun, but on a couple of ocassions it would have been good if I could transfer my thoughts onto a digital format such as this. Still, we all need a break sometimes, right?

Act I - Londinium

So, I went to London. Not so remarkable in itself, buyt i had fun. Met my godmother, godfather, other family and friends, had a good time. Cleared out half Trafalgar Square while "testing" stinkbombs. Went to all the touristy places. Met members of London Olympic bid on London Eye, was ignored. Saw Red Arrows over St. Pauls, hurried to Traf. Square. Go London, incidentally. Screamed a bit, failed to receive free stuff. Threw two pence at Seb Coe, missed. (Joking)(I hit him!) Got new England ODI kit form godfather. Was good. Left on day of bombings, passed King's Cross two hours before explosions, surfed M4 like a wave of traffic.

Act II - The Island

Tresco is part of an archipelago off Land's end, the only place in Britain with a Mediterranean clime. Mostly hanging out on beaches with friends, went fishing, went to the pub, played pool. Had a nice new timeshare. Had fun. Lazily. Reached via helicopter.

Act III - Coom By, Lass

Stayed in house with swimming pool and tennis courts, recent acquisition of family. Went fishing, with limited success. Went to HP launch, read all night, was vaguely satisfied. Spent rest of the time flicking through to finalise some point. Found book to be a little too "easy", that is, I knew who the HBP was by about page 200, and worked out pretty much everything else, not that there was much "else". Went surfing, had tremendous fun. Sister's friend came to stay, read HBP, seemed to miss the point entirely. Met family, firends, et al. Came home.

So, that's about it. If anyone wishes me to elaborate on anything, feel free to ask. And remember-I'm back.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

\/\/ 3 |_ ( () |\/| 3 8 4 ( K!!!!112!!!!1
    -LB

You freaked me out with a topic title like that. Welcome back, I can see you had fun.

Reached via helicopter.
    Going in a helicopter would be cool. That reminds me, somewhere in northen ontario, these people live on an island. During summer they boat to go to school and during winter they take a skidoo. Sounds like a pretty cool way to go to school, you might say? Well during the ice melting season, they take a helicopter! They're pretty lucky.

Define:
    Trafalgar Square
    All the touristy places
    London Olympic bid
    London Eye
    Red Arrows
    St. Paul's (have a feeling I should know this from Art History)
    free stuff
    Two pence
    Seb Coe
    England ODI kit
    King's Cross
    M4
    Timeshare

*is done making herself look ignorant*

I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
    In our eyes are mirror images and when
    We kiss they're perfectly aligned
    And I have to speculate that God himself
    Did make us into corresponding shapes like
    Puzzle pieces from the clay...

They will see us waving from such great
    Heights, 'come down now,' they'll say
    But everything looks perfect from far away,
    'Come down now...' but we'll stay...
    -Postal Service, Give Up

Welcome back, if I had more time I'd try to say something intelligent here, but all I can say right now is that it looks like you had stacks of fun, and I'm immensely jealous.
    ~p

In the middle ground between futile revolution and blind materialism is the direct experience.

Welcome back Cheese my mate! I missed you!
    He's pouring his heart out to me and all I can think is, "I really want that burrito in the fridge. I'm glad I got sour cream today."

-Ferahgo the Assassin

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    Glad to see you back! Looks like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to the future elaboration inspired by Cale Yin.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Cheese I thought you dropped off the face of the Earth....Nice to see that you didn't. Glad you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin
    I'm looking forward to the future elaboration inspired by Cale Yin.
    Yeah, same here.
    -Cinnabarr Rivershell

I run therefore I am

I'll start with Cale's questions, since you're all so looking forward to it...

Trafalgar Square is basically an historic location in the centre of London. It's the place where Nelson's Column stands (You do know who Nelson was, right?), and it's where a giant screen was erected to announce the results of London's bid for the 2012 Olympics (see "London 2012).

By "All the touristy places" I mean such landmarks as the National Portrait Gallery, Tate Modern, the hippy guy opposite Parliament, and so on and so forth.

The London Olympic Bid-Surely you know about this? Basically, London put in a bid for the 2012 Olympics, along with New York, Paris, Madrid and Moscow. Everyone thought Paris would win, but in the end we did. So, look out for the name "Perriam" in the 2012 Olympics! Probably as a race marshal, but...

The London Eye is like a giant ferris wheel on the bank of the Thames. It's very executive and clean, and it takes half an hour to go on a full circuit. Unfortunately, it's soon to close down. Basically, one essential strut has a corner in a private piece of land. British Airways were paying rent to them to use this scrap of grass, but now the owners, realising the Eye's success, are charging millions of pounds.

The Red Arrows are a squadron of scarlet jets, employed to do fancy stunts and let off red, white and blue smoke trails.

St. Pauls is London's cathedral. It has a massive copper dome, and was built after the Great Fire, in which the original, spired cathedral was destroyed.

Ah, free stuff. Basically what I cherish most of all. In Trafalgar Square, they were giving out free tees, flags, etc.

Two pence - Ouch, I thought you'd know this. A pence is the smallest unit of British currency, and a two pence coin is the largest coin in British currency.

Seb Coe - Sebastian Coe, figurehead of London Olympic bid. I think he's a Lord of somewhere. He's an Olympic gold medallist, too.

England ODI kit - England cricket one-day international strip.

King's Cross - Big train station in London, operating both Tube and Rail lines. Has a little brother, St. Pancras, who nobody likes.

M4 - Massive road which snakes westbound from London.

Timeshare - Basically, you have a cottage for one week per year.

Anyway...*yawns* thanks for all your greetings. And I did say I was going, I think.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Define:
    Trafalgar Square
    All the touristy places
    London Olympic bid
    London Eye
    Red Arrows
    St. Paul's (have a feeling I should know this from Art History)
    free stuff
    Two pence
    Seb Coe
    England ODI kit
    King's Cross
    M4
    Timeshare
    I'm pretty sure she's joking.

Oh, I wasn't joking. I've never been to London or anywhere more than a state away from my home. We didn't exactly learn about tourist spots in London in my geography class.
    I know what twopence is, I just didn't know why you would throw it at a Seb Coe and thought it might have some other significance. Seb Coe does not sound remotely like any name I've ever heard, that's why I didn't know.
    I mean, does everyone from Scotland know about the names of the public transportation system or any major highways in the US?
    I don't keep up with the Olympics at all, I don't know the athletes in my own country, much less any other country. I only knew London won, but I didn't know there was a "bid" for it... or whatever...
    Two other people wanted to know too, you know. Either that or they already knew everything and only wanted elaboration. -_-

-Postal Service, Give Up

I mean, does everyone from Scotland know about the names of the public transportation system or any major highways in the US?
    Only that you use kilometres, and have a big old road called Highway 66. And that Highway 666 got its name changed.

Nnnnope. We use miles. See? And I've only heard it called Route 66. Although I may be wrong. I've never driven across the country, which is what 66 is for.

-Postal Service, Give Up