Thread: Favorable Voices for Mossflower/Ideas

Favorable Voices for Mossflower/Ideas

OK, lets say Nelvana decides to use a majority of the voices from the previous shows as voices for Mossflower... which voice actors do you think would fit the bill the best for certain Mossflower characters?

Amos Crawley will probably remain as the voice of Martin...good.

Tyrone Savage (Matthias) might make a good Gonff, not sure about it though...

Diego Mattamoris will not be the voice of the main villain, as I don't see him being able to be a very good Tsarmina...maybe he can be Verdauga's voice though... For Tsarmina, maybe Rowanoak/Stryke's voice would be the best, save adding a new actress to the ranks.

I hope they don't use Squire Jullian's voice for his ancestor's...I don't think it would work...

Any thoughts?

Dibbun
    How do you know they're going to do a Mossflower season? Have any of the rumors been confirmed? Or is this just one of those situational questions?

I agree, Martin's VA (Not to mention his design) should stay the same, and Tyrone would make a good Gonff. I really want to know who they could put in for a Boar voice...Maybe Orlando's VA could lower his voice down another octave or so?

I really hope there will be a Mossflower season. If they adapted it as well as they adapted Mattimeo, or even Martin the Warrior, they would have many fans of the show, seeing as almost everyone has Mossflower as one of their favorite, if not their favorite, Redwall book. Plus, if they stopped now, that would be really sad. Leaving off the show with Rose's death? Plus, with the toning down on the violent scenes, I'd really like to see how they show the battle between Tsarmina and Martin.

~Jade, who knows that a fourth season is doubtful right now, but hopes that maybe something will come along to change that...
    I'm Jade the Warrior. I'm a small fieldmouse with a scorpion medallion, bi-colored eyes, and my trusty sword!

Patroller
    As far as I know Jade no, the rumors have not been confirmed yet. I agree, I hope Amos Crawley does come back as Martin if "Mossflower" is made. For the voice of Tsarmina, I was thinking of Marion Day( of voice of Guoism in Redwall). Looking at her Internet Movie Database filmography, she has play the role of Queen Mary(called Bloody Mary), Queen Elizabeth's 1 half sister in "Dear America's: Sercert Diary of Princess Elizabeth," so its possible Marion might make a good Tsarmina.

This is just a "what if" question...

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Believe me, if Mossflower is ever confirmed, I will trumpet it on all three of my sites and this board would know.

I have to disagree with Tyrone Savage as Gonff, though. If anyone from the current VAs is to be picked, I'd have to go with Richard Binsley, albeit toning down the aloofness he brought to Basil. That said, he's the only with with a playful enough voice for the Prince of Mousethieves.

Diego Matamoros would fit Bane. Julie Lemieux (Sela) could do an adequate Tsarmina. Beyond that, I'd have to review most of the voices with a list of characters.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller
    Whoever did Stryk/Rowanoak would be Tsarmina, says I. If she made her voice a little more aggressive, she'd make a good cat.
    As for Richard Binsley as Gonff...ah, I thought Gonff was a young mouse? How young, I dunno, but I'm not sure if Richard could pull it off. Not saying he'd be a bad choice or anything.
    Who would do Boar? I keep thinking of the VA for Mufasa, I know his name but I just can't think of it...He'd be good.
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

James Earl Jones? I don't think Nelvana could afford him...

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Vanessa
    As for Richard Binsley as Gonff...ah, I thought Gonff was a young mouse? How young, I dunno, but I'm not sure if Richard could pull it off. Not saying he'd be a bad choice or anything.
    I'd always pictured Gonff as something of a middle-aged mouse, same with Martin. At least circa Mossflower. I definitely wouldn't want him sounding like a teenager (I cite Felldoh as an example. ). Richard wouldn't be my first choice overall, but among people Nelvana already employs for 'Redwall', he strikes me as the only one playful enough.

James Earl Jones would be the perfect Badger Lord, be it Boar, Urthstripe, etc. But, Servone's right-- Nelvana couldn't afford him. Sometimes, I'm amazed CNN can even afford him, given how much they pay him every time their air his voice saying "This is CNN."
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Maybe Kieth David (voice of Goliath from Gargoyles and various other characters from other shows) would make a good Badger Lord, maybe Boar. There are other voice actors Nelvana could use but I think, since it was my original concept for the topic, that we should stick to the "traditional" Redwall voice actors...

Diego Matamoros...I never thought of him as Bane, but I think that is a good match.
    Richard Binsley would also do good as the voice of Scratch... I always saw him having a voice like Fleaback (who RB did the voice of in Mattimeo).

Patroller
    How about Diego as Ripfang? Sounds good.
    I think Gonff is...uh, I dunno. I don't think Martin was "middle aged" in Mossflower, maybe in LoL, but not now. I always thought of him as being in his late teens, maybe 18 or 19 in Mossflower, with Gonff a bit younger.
    I say, is that a jellyfish?

Dibbun
    Yeah, I agree with VanessaNB. In some of the book reviews (Or whatever those things are called), it says that "Martin is now a Warrior in his middle-seasons.". I always thought of him as about 30-35 in LoL.

But in Mossflower, I always thought of him the same VanessaNB did, about 17-18. Gonff always seemed about the same age, if not a tad younger.

As for Abbess Germaines voice, I think either Cornflower's or Jess' VA would so the trick. Yes, they would need to add several years to their voice, but I think it could work.

~Jade, who also thinks that whoever didn't do Germaine could voice Columbine...
    I'm Jade the Warrior. I'm a small fieldmouse with a scorpion medallion, bi-colored eyes, and my trusty sword!