Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
"Official" Music Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Official" Music Discussion Thread

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar

"Official" Music Discussion Thread

There's been a whole lotta talk about favorite bands and songs lately so let's just let it all out in one thread to avoid a bunch of little ones. So discuss bands, songs and music in general here. I guess I'll kick it off by asking if anyone has heard of the Misfits and if so what are your favorite songs. Personally I like Dig Up Her Bones, Last Caress and Attitude.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

*Looks blank* No, I haven't heard of them.

I bought a great CD a while ago that's really improved my knowledge of classical music. I now learn that Orf composed O Fortuna, that Khatchaturian did Sabre Dance, and that the 1812 Overture really does go with the words "Vive La france, vive la France, vi-ive la France"

As for some slightly more recent music, I'm into Led Zep, Queen, Pink Floyd, Franz Ferdinand, The Who, and several other bands I can't remember.
    Hey, buds. I haven't been here in, well, a good while. Last visited January 9th...Well, I'm sorry to have forgotten you guys. Some of you (Most, I hope) will remember me, and others will, I'm sure, have been told about me, and warned to lock up their daughters and wives. Heh. Anyway, I'm posting a thread about my future here, so...get over there. Read it.

Dibbun
    Heh, on Terrouge there are like, three or four big threads all devoted to music. People are getting kinda worked up about it, too. It's funny.

Woo, Cheesethief. Queen, Pink Floyd, the Who and Franz Ferdinand are teh roxx0rs. Especially FF. *hearts* New CD coming October 3rd...

My favourite bands/musician people are the Pixies (no one's heard of them, have they?), Beck, Elvis Costello, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Hot Heat, Portishead, RHCP, Ramones, the Strokes, the Kinks (<3), David Bowie, the Kaiser Chiefs, Mirah, and Tegan and Sara. There are a lot more, but those are my loves.

Regrettably, I have not heard of the Misfits. What are they like?

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    I actually have heard of the Pixies. A few of my friends have been to a couple of their concerts in our area....
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

England Positively Rules (and Scotland, says Cheesethief)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisluna
    My favourite bands/musician people are the Pixies (no one's heard of them, have they?), Beck, Elvis Costello, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Hot Heat, Portishead, RHCP, Ramones, the Strokes, the Kinks (<3), David Bowie, the Kaiser Chiefs, Mirah, and Tegan and Sara. There are a lot more, but those are my loves.
    Heart to Franz Ferdinand! W00t! I'm listening to their whole album too.
    And I have a soft spot for the Kaiser Chiefs too... they went to my school!!1!111!1!111one!

...please don't try work out where I am...
    I personally find that the world limit in a signature is far too short for my liking; I have so many wonderful ideas that I could put in here, yet there is not enough space! In the previous few days, I have tried to copy and paste several interesting essays into this miniscule space, but none have worked. I feel imprisoned by these ridiculous restrictions and would like a word with the administrator! There is absolutely no reason for this save for the conservation of bandwith, which admittedly

Er, right now I'm listening to alot of The Offspring, as I just got thier greatest hit's album. That and Nickelback make up a lot of my musical experience right now, and of course, some of that crazy French rock I got addicted to. I'd like to try and find some more Rush, because they lived in my 'hood.
    Last edited by Hisk; August 10th, 2005 at 12:57 PM.

What I've been playing lately is the Avenged Sevenfold cd, the new Mindless Self Indulgence album, and the 'Juice' soundtrack.
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Lets try to go through this topic without having a rap argument, shall we? Talk about beating a dead horse...

I've heard of the Misfits but never heard any of their stuff, as far as I know. Are they kinda like Iggy Pop and the Stooges?
    I have also heard of the Pixies. In fact, I have a copy of their "Surfer Rosa" CD, which is really good.

I mostly listen to a random playlist on my I-Tunes, but the CDs I'm listening to, in my various CD players, are Foo Fighters "In Your Honor", Demons and Wizards "Touched by the Crimson King", Megadeth's Greatest Hits, and Gordon Lightfoot's Greatest Hits (which is in my car, which is currently in the shop). Of those, I figure people here have only heard of two of those.

I've been listening to a bit of Iron Maiden recently as well as CCR and Sex Pistols. I think the Pistols only have one album out...I can't find anything but "Nevermind the Bullocks..." or CDs that just consist of the same songs. That's a shame.

I reccomend all the bands and CD's mentioned in this post...except, of course, the ones I admit I've never heard.

I think Seals and Croft is pretty nice

"Ore wo dare da to omoite yarou?!"--Simon, Guren Lagann

AH! Finally! Someone else who loves Hot Hot Heat. I have Elevator and Makeup the Breakdown. Lovelovelove.
    Right now I'm loving Jack Johnson, The Shins, Jeff Buckley, Sigur Ros, (this list is going to go on forever by the way), Better Than Ezra, Coldplay, Postal Service... it goes on...
    During classes last year, there were a couple of us who were always stuck in the art building doing homework until dawn, and one guy always played Bright Eyes (the musician, not the song) until we were blue in the face. Therefore, I can never like Bright Eyes. Every time I hear him (except for one single song I can stand) I just want to run out of the building and scream and pull my hair out. He also played Sigur Ros all the time and I ended up loving them. Do not play Sigur Ros while driving. Please. Play it on a misty, rainy day when you are by yourself, or with someone you can just sit with and say nothing for hours.

Also in my (overflowing) CD cases: Our Lady Peace, Incubus (my all-time fave), The Cure, The Killers (lost my Killers cd though, can't find it! argh), Beethoven, Seal, Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman/Andrea Bocelli duets, Rammstein, My Chemical Romance, Coheed & Cambria, Lit, Keane, Ours, Everclear...
    Want to obtain these soon:
    Remy Zero, The Smiths, more Jeff Buckley, Rilo Kiley, Garbage, more Train, Danny Elfman...

I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
    In our eyes are mirror images and when
    We kiss they're perfectly aligned
    And I have to speculate that God himself
    Did make us into corresponding shapes like
    Puzzle pieces from the clay...

They will see us waving from such great
    Heights, 'come down now,' they'll say
    But everything looks perfect from far away,
    'Come down now...' but we'll stay...
    -Postal Service, Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Lisluna
    Heh, on Terrouge there are like, three or four big threads all devoted to music. People are getting kinda worked up about it, too. It's funny.

Woo, Cheesethief. Queen, Pink Floyd, the Who and Franz Ferdinand are teh roxx0rs. Especially FF. *hearts* New CD coming October 3rd...

Regrettably, I have not heard of the Misfits. What are they like?
    You're kidding?! You're the first other Portishead fan I've ever seen! They're my second favorite band. Just... wow. Whats your favorite song by them? Mine is either "Biscuit" or "Wandering Star". Do you listen to Sneaker Pimps, Massive Attack, Mono, Morcheeba or Tricky?
    He's pouring his heart out to me and all I can think is, "I really want that burrito in the fridge. I'm glad I got sour cream today."

-Ferahgo the Assassin

Staind's new CD Chapter V came out yesterday... Me wants it. I have two of their CDs. I heard them today on the Howard Stern show -- one of the radio stations I listen to plays the Howard Stern show.... I'm not a giant fan of him, but Staind played Right Here and also their version of that weird guy Beatle Juice's song. The song was good, but that Beatle Juice guy is something else that I never want to see or hear again.

I have the Dresden Doll's CD. Ever heard of them? I first heard their song Half Jack when I was listening to the rock part of the college radio from Emerson College. It was so cool that I had to get it. It sounded like two girls singing, but was only one. So I thought to myself, oh, it must be editing. But I watched the video, and it really is all one person. Amazing!
    Always,
    ~Furrtily

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?
    ~The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Me?

I'm into christian rock, Switchfoot, Supertones ECT.
    But outside of that Category, I am very close to being lost.
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

Dibbun
    I actually have heard of the Pixies. A few of my friends have been to a couple of their concerts in our area....
    ohsoluckyluckyluckyGAR. I would do anything to see the Pixies in concert... my fav band, you know, just too cool for words.

Aleisou - KC went to your school? That's like teh totalllly aw3somest! That band is so much fun to listen to.

I have also heard of the Pixies. In fact, I have a copy of their "Surfer Rosa" CD, which is really good.
    Surfer Rosa is awesome. I love that one.
    It's nothing compared to Doolittle, though. Heh. That one is brilliant beyond anything.
    And I like the Sex Pistols, too. Only can hear them on online radio, though, which is never nice to me.

I have Elevator and Makeup the Breakdown.
    Heehee. Yeah, me too. They're great, aren't they? So poppy and fun and stuff. <3
    And I like Jack Johnson and the Shins, too. They're great.

You're the first other Portishead fan I've ever seen!
    Same to you! Wild.
    I have heard of neither of those songs, I only have the live PNYC CD. I really want more of their cds, though, because her voice is just too beautiful.
    I haven't listened to any of the bands you mentioned but I've heard of a few of them.

Wow. Portishead, Pixies, and Hot Hot Heat fans.
    Never met a fan of any of these at any time, but three at once...
    I am in a mild state of shock.
    Last edited by Lisluna; August 10th, 2005 at 11:25 PM.

Hey, Caleyin...do you like Morrissey at all? He's the lead singer of the Smiths. "You Are the Quarrey" is a great album. I like Hot Hot Heat as well...I have Make Up the Breakdown and the songs from Elevator. I actually like Bright Eyes, btw, though I can see why people wouldn't like him. I think he's one of those like/hate artists.
    You have good taste in music, Caleyin . When you're looking for Garbage CD's, I suggest Version 2.0 and Bleed Like Me(their latest).

Does anybody like the Mr. T Experience? Has anybody heard of them? Their name alone makes them cool xP.