Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Advice Wanted: Username

Thread: Advice Wanted: Username

Advice Wanted: Username

I could use some advice. Specifically, advice on whether to request a change in my username.

I'm quite a "n00b" when it comes to the ROC, although I hope my grammar would suggest otherwise. I joined this forum less than two months ago, and it's the first ROC site I can think of that I've joined. I didn't participate in RWOnline. Which is where the trouble begins.

I was skimming the "memorial for Josh Boycott" issue of Terrouge when I came across an interview with said Boycott from "Ember", of RWOnline. That is certainly not me, and I would not like any longtime ROCcers to get that impression. I am not the type of person who would offer an interview to help commemorate someone's life. In fact, I would roll my eyes at the entire issue, thinking, "Great. He's dead and now we must all be subjected to misery." (I now apologize to everyone I just offended.)

Do you consider it likely I could be confused with that Ember? Should I change my username?

Thanks for reading.

"My name is Hope, Luck just ran out."-Carbon Leaf

The Redwall Wiki

I knew that you weren't that Ember... I'm not sure how many people actually even remember her. It's your own personal choice whether you want to change your name. As long as you are happy with "Ember Nickel", don't worry about what other people think!
    Mackinsie
    *God Bless America*

The Redwall Links - the #1 internet Redwall directory

...'neath the cover of october skies and all the leaves on the trees are falling to the sound of the breezes that blow...

There's a n00b on this forum who hasn't posted; name of "Lonna Bowstipe"; should I change my name? Answer is "no" in both cases.
    -LB

Thanks for your advice.

"My name is Hope, Luck just ran out."-Carbon Leaf

The Redwall Wiki