View Poll Results: Which looks like they'll have a good season this year?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lions

1 16.67%
  • Radiers

1 16.67%
  • Cardinals

0 0%
  • Bengals

1 16.67%
  • Browns

1 16.67%
  • Bears

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This NFL season.

This NFL season.

Ok guys which of these teams do you think is going to do the best? I say the lions truely they had one of their greatest seasons last year. Anywho I truely hope somebody takes out New England!
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Truly had one of their greatest seasons?!? I hope you're kidding, they finished with a 6-10 record...

As for the Patriots, I wouldn't worry about them, I doubt they'll make the playoffs this year. First off they're a year older and slower, second, their defense has been demolished by injuries and free agency, the same goes for their already mediocre offense, lastly, they lost their incredible defensive and offensive coordinators, two massive blows right there.

But I think out off all the teams last year that failed to make the playoffs, the Giants will be the most sucessful, but don't think I'm saying that because of my bias, I do have facts. First off, until their only speed threat reciever was injured in week 6, the Giants held an impressive 5-1 record, but things only went downhill from there. Their surprising top five defense (yes their D was in the top five NFL rankings for 6 weeks until injuries set it) was chugging along until they began to lead the NFL with injuries. Things spiraled down continuously (thanks to the NFL high injury list) until they finished with a 6-10 record. But hope arrived in the offseason.
    The Giants signed and drafted several key players, completing their injury devastated puzzle from 2004. Plaxico Burress, an outstanding receiver from 15-1 Pittsburgh bolstered their newly recouperated receiving corp, next, elite Jets tackle Kareen Mackenzie greatly strengthened their deep offensive line, draftee Brandon Jacobs was perhaps the best signing of the offseason, a truly excellent running back, combining a scary combination of speed and power, he bowled over defenders left and right in preseason, a sure fix to the Giants short yardage problems. As for the defense, Micheal Strahan is back and better than ever, ready to team up with Steelers DT Kendrick Clancy, a good young player, Gibril Wilson, a Saftey who had better stats than the upstart Sean Taylor is ready to have an even better year, Redskins Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce is ready to have another 150+ tackle season, and draft pick cornerback Corey Webster has been intercepting passes left and right in preseason and is raring to go.
    Of course, Shockey is also healthy again and is coming back with a chip on his shoulder, once again ready to prove he is the best tight end around.

I predict the Big Blue will finish with an 11-5 record, winning NFC East and going deep in the playoffs.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Well I'm a New England fan! But I my hopes arn't to high!

BTW, I despise TO and Randy Moss, two horrible attitudes!
    LPF Addicted since: 05/05/05

"We will meet again my friend, but not yet, not yet..."

NO A NEW ENGLAND FAN! Just wondering how come your hopes aren't high for your team? hmmmmmmm. 4 seasons of good football. My hopes would be high. By the way what I meant is it was one of the lions best seasons out of 4.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by Dawarrior
    NO A NEW ENGLAND FAN! Just wondering how come your hopes aren't high for your team? hmmmmmmm. 4 seasons of good football. My hopes would be high.
    Well, I wolud like to see them win, but it's about time a new team were the champs. I said "about" time, I would still like to see them win!

I like the Packers. Hopefully they won't the post-season collaspe again, tho.
    -LB

The packers are due for a winning season! Hopefully!

I like the Pack, Brett Favre has always been one of my favorite quarterbacks, but I don't think they'll have a good season this year because their defense is pretty bad. As we see time and time again, no matter how good your offense is, whether your packin' Favre, Manning or Moss, you can't win in the playoffs without a D, and the Packers don't have one.
    -Josiah the Warrior

-Battle Royale

I truly think this will be the one of the Vikings best seasons yet being they now you longer have Moss bringing them down.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

The Vikings will have a big season but the loss of Moss is always a bad thing. He may be an egocentric jerk who quits when he feels like it, but he is an elite receiver who can help out any offense. But Daunte Culpepper is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL and has several good young receiving targets, I think their offense will be fine. Now their defense should be incredible. They've added many players in the offseason including standout cornerback Fred Smoot and Pro Bowl FS Darren Sharper, this gives them an elite secondary equaled only by the Ravens. A solid D-line and good young linebacking corp gives them a very good defense to compliment their solid offense.
    -Josiah the Warrior

-Battle Royale

Browns all the way. I have been a Browns fan ever since I sat down with my uncle at the age of eight to watch a Browns game. (My dad hated watching football) I stuck by them and cheered them on no matter what happen to them, even when the were sold to Baltimore. I just knew that Cleveland would get another team. One of these years the Browns will go all the way to be top dog.
    Russus

Faith (Future) Changes Hope (Now) Into Reality

I choose, "None of the Above" oh, wait, its not there. CAROLINA PANTHERS!!!!!!!
    "An Army of Squirrels is still an Army."

Teh R@venz!!!!!!!

Six simple letters.

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Purr's (Carolina Panthers mascot) Bio
    Favorite Snack: Birds like Falcons, Eagles and Seahawks (Mmm taste like chicken).

Yup, that says it all right there.
    "An Army of Squirrels is still an Army."