Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
redwallers haters

Thread: redwallers haters

Patroller

Thumbs down redwallers haters

I heard that they were actually redwall haters website. Their founder is a born again christian who cliams that Redwall is symbolic and represents hellsgates and the dark forest symbolizes pagan beliefs. He says redwallers should be trying tosave those vermin souls instead of sending them or as he said not to be too eager to sent them to hellsgates

Except that his idea would be considerably more boring to read.
    Enter the Castle of Professor Falliss. Who knows: you might make it out alive.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Midnight...wer/index.php?

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    People like those are stupid; they just find something they don't like and try to dismantle it with religion. I bet every television show, movie, book, play and video game in the history of mankind can be looked upon in some blasphemic light. "The characters on friends represent the 7 circles of Hell" and so on, you could basically make anything up. Besides, no one is actually going to convert from Catholicism or whatever to paganism just from reading a Redwall book, they probably wouldn't even make the connection...
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

But I do agree with the "They should try and save the vermin, not kill them" bit. I say, a book with the main focus on a "saved" vermin, or one as a hero would be a great thing. Maybe as the last in the series Redwall could be saved itself by one of "alternate speciation".

Except for Brian Jacque's comment that "they're not evil because they're rats, they're rats because they're evil." I would love to see a good fox in a future book, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

As for not slaying vermin, there's been a few times where vermin were forced to surrender and then run away. Only way they'd be killed is if they were too slow to run away. I think the vermin are slain only if it's necessary. When it comes to time of war and a hundred vermin are charging forth, it's not always practical to think of some elaborate non-violent way to take them out.

On the other hand, Redwall Abbey never keeps an experienced army nearby in case of another inevitable battle, so that alone should say that they're trying to keep war at the back of their minds.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

I just remembered something.

Marlfox.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

can you post the URL?
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Sure thing. I guess he didn't say that quote directly, but the idea's the same. Look at question #24.

This similar Q&A has the quote I was apparently thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Badrang3
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Folgrimeo; December 16th, 2005 at 01:10 PM.

[QUOTE=Folgrimeo]Except for Brian Jacque's comment that "they're not evil because they're rats, they're rats because they're evil." I would love to see a good fox in a future book, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.[QUOTE]

There was one good rat but I forget which book it was in. It was in one of the first 6 books.

Edit: sorry people but for some reason the quote thing isn't working well with my computer right now.
    May they never be forgotten.

Tribute to Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by matthias_fan
    Edit: sorry people but for some reason the quote thing isn't working well with my computer right now.
    Use the [/quote] tag. The good vermin to date have been Romsca, Blaggut, and Grubbage, and possibly Veil.

"My name is Hope, Luck just ran out."-Carbon Leaf

The Redwall Wiki

He says redwallers should be trying tosave those vermin souls instead of sending them or as he said not to be too eager to sent them to hellsgates
    Sorry, but pacifism doesn't work against people with names like Gulo the Savage and Ferahgo the Assassin. If they tried to "save" the vermin, they'd be slaughtered.

Dibbun
    There was two good weasels in Salamandstron, but then they accidently killed the Friar, i think, then ran away and got tracked down by Ferhago the Assasin's trackers and are killed.