Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paperback Re-Releases 2006

Arrow Paperback Re-Releases 2006

Another first from me & the wiki...

http://redwall.wikicities.com/wiki/Current_events

On August 3 2006, Red Fox will be re-releasing the following Redwall books in paperback, with new covers:

Martin the Warrior ISBN: 1862301433
    Mossflower ISBN: 1862301395
    Salamandastron ISBN: 1862301417
    Redwall ISBN: 1862301387
    Mattimeo ISBN: 1862301409
    The Bellmaker ISBN: 1862301425
    Legend of Luke ISBN: 1862301468
    The Long Patrol ISBN: 1862301441
    Lord Brocktree ISBN: 186230145X
    -Lord Trawnbull Thickstripe(TBT)

The Redwall Wiki - Redwall information & news

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Now they do it, after I bought almost all of them in paperback....
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

So these are entirely new covers and not just cropped/touched-up versions of the current paperbacks (sort of like how the current paperback cover were just smaller versions of the hardcover covers, but with a color border around it)?

If so, it'd be interesting to see what these new covers look like. ("Don't you already have Taggerung?" "Yeah, but this pose of Tagg is even more heroic!") Else, I wouldn't worry.

*reads the date* oh, August? That's quite a ways away. Better snatch up the rest of the paperbacks before then. I've only got three more to go, excluding the non-novels.
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

All I know is "new covers"

"The Ribbajack" will also be re-released, by Puffin I believe, in August 2006.
    ISBN: 0142403784

Ok correction on last post, The Ribbajack is coming out on PB for the first time this year, either on August 17 2006, or in September.

I don't like posting more than once in my own thread, but I have concerns.

Given the fact that I kinda am the Redwall/BJ news source atm(if anyone would like to debate this, please feel free. However you really have no footing), I would appreciate it if sites listing what *I* am reporting credited me personally (LordTBT) if the news is BJ related, and The Redwall Wiki (I think everyone knows the URL by now) if the news is Redwall-related.

You know who you are. I take the time out of my day to keep everyone informed, the least you could do is give me and/or the wiki the recognition for it. I am not pointing fingers. I'm not asking for apologies. I'm not naming names. Just give the proper credit, that's what I'm asking.

Patroller

Are those the only ones?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTBT
    I don't like posting more than once in my own thread, but I have concerns.

Given the fact that I kinda am the Redwall/BJ news source atm(if anyone would like to debate this, please feel free. However you really have no footing), I would appreciate it if sites listing what *I* am reporting credited me personally (LordTBT) if the news is BJ related, and The Redwall Wiki (I think everyone knows the URL by now) if the news is Redwall-related.

You know who you are. I take the time out of my day to keep everyone informed, the least you could do is give me and/or the wiki the recognition for it. I am not pointing fingers. I'm not asking for apologies. I'm not naming names. Just give the proper credit, that's what I'm asking.
    Heh heh. Welcome to the game, Teebs. The rules stink, don't they?

Martin's had to deal with this sort of thing for years, and there's really no way to fight it. People steal information because it makes them look "cool" and "in the know". Credits diminish it.

I do know Martin's getting everything lined back up to get the Newsline current, so your theness will be in doubt soon. But I also know that if he uses you, you'll be credited. (Only time he won't is if he stumbles upon the source in his own browsing *before* he sees you'd found it too. . . because you really didn't aid his search or inform him of its existence.) 'course, you COULD just CC him the stuff you find. . .

On August 3 2006, Red Fox will be re-releasing the following Redwall books in paperback, with new covers:
    How do you extrapolate "new covers" from what you posted? Red Fox is the UK paperback publisher/imprint. . . strictly speaking, "new" could be Troy Howell's. Could just be the Firebird editions making their way over the pond. Call me curious Reds. Show me your theness.
    -reds

But I also know that if he uses you, you'll be credited. (Only time he won't is if he stumbles upon the source in his own browsing *before* he sees you'd found it too. . . because you really didn't aid his search or inform him of its existence.)
    I had no doubts regarding Martin and crediting. However I think if I'm posting it in this forum, and Martin attends this forum, I would imagine that has kinda aided his search.

How do you extrapolate "new covers" from what you posted? Red Fox is the UK paperback publisher/imprint. . . strictly speaking, "new" could be Troy Howell's. Could just be the Firebird editions making their way over the pond. Call me curious Reds. Show me your theness
    "new covers" is what my source said. However it could be making their way across the pond. Guess we'll find out.

Patroller: General Ferahgo the Assassin's Avatar
    There's a thread on Terrouge about the new covers - they are, in fact, new covers. Here is the Mattimeo one, and here is the Martin the Warrior one.
    "Luck, good or bad, is not the hand of God. Luck is the way the wind swirls and dust settles eons after God has passed by." - Winston Niles Rumsfoord, The Sirens of Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ferahgo the Assassin
    There's a thread on Terrouge about the new covers - they are, in fact, new covers. Here is the Mattimeo one, and here is the Martin the Warrior one.
    And my report stands However nobody was supposed to beat me with the covers. *shakes fist*

Patroller
    Oh. My. Gosh. THAT IS SO GOSHDANG AWESOME!!!!!!!! Those covers are so amazing! I'll have to put those pictures in my scrapbook. The pictures are even better than the tv series!
    #1 fan of: Rose of Noonvale, Sailor Chibimoon, Christine Daae, and Aelita (from Code Lyoko).

Ugh, I don't care for them. I really like the backgrounds (Mattimeo background is excellent, and the Martin the Warrior background looks like the Abbey at sunset) as well as and the titles at the bottom - the books look much more for older audiences more. The only thing that kills them for me are the cheesy emblem pictures. The Mattimeo one of Slagar is kind of cool, but the Martin the Warrior one with Martin looks horrible.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing the other covers. I don't imagine they could possibly screw up "Taggerung".
    Faux Pas - It's wild and domesticated reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Folgrimeo
    Ugh, I don't care for them. I really like the backgrounds (Mattimeo background is excellent, and the Martin the Warrior background looks like the Abbey at sunset) as well as and the titles at the bottom - the books look much more for older audiences more. The only thing that kills them for me are the cheesy emblem pictures. The Mattimeo one of Slagar is kind of cool, but the Martin the Warrior one with Martin looks horrible.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing the other covers. I don't imagine they could possibly screw up "Taggerung".
    I feel the opposite. I think the new covers are more cartoonish and younger-geared.