Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

Please help me people.

My site (Barkstripe's Mountain) Is being complete spammed up (swearing spam). I recieved a pm forum the spammer and he said "ok i have to go but ill be back with
    my clan soon enough to absolutely
    spam your site. see you then" and than some stuff that i'd rather not put.

If there is anyway that you guys would like to help than please ask me.

President of The Long Patrol Martin the Warrior's Avatar
    Do two things.

First, turn off the feature that allows guests to post without registering. That is a huge hole in your security that makes regular banning useless.

Second, close new registrations. If they can't register, they can't post. Keep it closed until you think they've lost interest, then open up again. Or at the very least, close it when you can't be there and open it when you can.

The second one is up to you, but I strongly recommend the first one. It's common sense.
    ~Martin the Warrior~
    -President of The Long Patrol

"A poet is a musician who can't sing. Words have to find a man's mind before they can touch his heart, and some men's minds are woeful small targets. Music touches their hearts directly no matter how small or stubborn the mind of the man who listens."
    ~The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss

Patroller: Emeritus Lyrian Aryns's Avatar
    You could also make it so all new accounts have to be validated by an admin before they can be used. At least, I think you can do that on invision... I'd check and provide instructions, but I don't remember the password to the invisionfree board I made for that purpose.
    "She doesn't talk much, does she?"
    "No, she's always quiet. We think maybe there's something wrong with her."
    "Yes... or something very right. The quiet ones are the ones that change the universe, Luc Deradi. The loud ones only take the credit."
    -Babylon 5

thank you martin.