Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
looking for people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for people.

looking for people.

I've been thinking and other than redwall.org terrouge.com, longpatrolclub.com, and the redwall wiki, there aren't very many super active redwall sites. I've had an idea to get some people from these forums and terrouge to all get together and make a site. I'd like to have people like zelnen (he's the guy who made redwall and roleplay) who can make the site and other's that can get idea's. If it worked it would hopefully become super active. So...If any of you guys/girls here have any time to help me it would be appreciated. I'd love for any of you to help.

I'm not that clever with computers but good luck

Patroller
    It might work considering how the books popularity is going.

Patroller: General Chelki Sureshot's Avatar
    Something like that was mentioned once. All the major members of all the major clubs were to get together, but that never went anywhere. Good luck barkstripe.

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    You should probably contact Martin and the president of Terrouge about an idea like that. Sounds interesting though.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Hey, man I would love to help! I would love a "super-active" Redwall site and will be glad to do anything possible. That's why I got http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gotredwall/ started.
    <a href="http://waypast.freehosting123.com/slagar/view.php?page=news.html">Member of Slagar the Cruel's Ice Hockey Horde of Doom</a>

I could help Bark.
    Me site is somewhat active.
    I think everyone here has seen the link.
    If not look down .

Things may be easier if you posted a list of what you need help with...

In your kitchen closet, eating up your food.
    Yea, that would be helpful. Also, do you know what kind of webhost you will be using to create this site?

Patroller
    How does one create a website? If I knew how, you could visit my imaginary site.
    #1 fan of: Rose of Noonvale, Sailor Chibimoon, Christine Daae, and Aelita (from Code Lyoko).

Patroller: General Josiah the Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Chibimoon-daae
    How does one create a website? If I knew how, you could visit my imaginary site.
    Try freewebs.com; super easy. When it comes to making real websites, however, I am woefully ignorant.
    -Josiah the Warrior

"Life's a game; fight for survival and see if you're worth it."
    -Battle Royale

Patroller
    Freewebs.com? Okay, that's all for today, 2-15-06, hasta la bye-bye!
    #1 fan of: Rose of Noonvale, Sailor Chibimoon, Christine Daae, and Aelita (from Code Lyoko).

Patroller
    there are a lot of redwall forums and websites so it might work or not.

Conceptually speaking, this is dead before it starts. General rule of thumb is to go in wanting to make the site, not go in wanting to make the site popular. "Super activity" happens, it's not made.

If you look at the four examples you listed (surprised the Encyclopedia isn't on there), each one is the result of a singular vision and with the exception of Terrouge has been maintained by the founder since day one.

- Redwall.org founded by Dave Lindsey in 1996 and maintained by him ever since. No staff.

- The Long Patrol founded by Martin in 1996 and maintained by him ever since. No staff.

- Terrouge founded by three guys with a singular vision, but by its nature requiring a full staff, e-zine core since 1998.

- The Redwall Wiki. . . eh, it's still new. But founded by Teebs who has poured effort into it ever since.

- And should we expand to include the Encyclopedia, founded by Snowfur in 1997 and maintained by her ever since. No staff.

Notice a pattern?

What I see here is desire to create a really popular site, but with the expectation of getting other people to do the heavy lifting (someone else would maintain it, other people would come up with the ideas. . . would you do anything other than put your name on it?). That pulls the creative vision of the site in too many directions at once for it to work.

If you want to start a site (with an eye on it becoming popular), then do it. As in you. Start it, maintain it, stick with it. . . if the quality is there, it'll become popular.
    -reds

What I see here is desire to create a really popular site, but with the expectation of getting other people to do the heavy lifting (someone else would maintain it, other people would come up with the ideas. . . would you do anything other than put your name on it?). That pulls the creative vision of the site in too many directions at once for it to work.
    Instead of starting an argument again between us two i'll just say that that is not what is planned. If i came across like that than sorry. I would appreciate it though if you wouldn't put words in my mouth...but who cares.

If anyone would like to help than that'd be great....